Alcoa vs. GP

F5HallOfFamer

If you had been following the thread before some things were taken out (which you said you hadn't been), you would know that it was the general consensus (except for 1 person) that it was in extremely poor taste to bring that up. Different year, different teams, different coach.

I think most Alcoa fans were almost as embarrassed by it as G-P fans were. Yep, both sides have moved on and aren't bringing it up.

Alcoa's not taking this one for granted; they'll be up for this game. Alcoa rolls: 49-7.

Prayers are with Pittser...keep us updated, G-P fans!

Sir, I agree and have some Alcoa friends who do fell it was in poor taste and it was not my intent to drag a scab off a wound, I was really just wondering if anyone heard it talked about on sports talk and was surprised to hear about it again myself. Sorry I have not been in the thread and did not want to mix the pot. I know a few don't want me on the thread anyway and I been really busy with work and have my hands full keeping up with you know who!

Good Luck to Alcoa and get another Gold Ball back to Blount County, the home of the Gold Balls and expanded trophy cases.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone that lives in Alcoa help me out, but I believe Josh Kincannon was the only injury and it was a bruised knee. I don't know about a head injury. I think we are actually as healthy since the beginning of the season.

I just talked to one of the players this morning at the walkthrough. Kincannon will be fine, but as it turns out the left gaurd #74 Justin Marsh will be replaced by Rex Myers because of a minor concussion.

I just talked to one of the players this morning at the walkthrough. Kincannon will be fine, but as it turns out the left gaurd #74 Justin Marsh will be replaced by Rex Myers because of a minor concussion.

Gosh they are deep for a 2A school! I thought Hickman and Coulter were the guards. Thanks, good info! They look focused?

Hey I heard something on the rumor mill and was wandering if anyone could confirm or deny this. The word is that Hoover High in Alabama contacted Rankin about a coaching position. Does anyone know anything about this. The Hoover coach was fired not to long ago.

The same was said about George Quarles about a month or two ago. I can not confirm or deny that either was contacted but I can confirm that hoover high school will be trying to down play its football program after the illrepute it caused the school in recent months. So if I were guessing I would say that the powers at be in Hoover would not allow them to go out of state to lure in a big name coach.

The upcoming match up between gatlinburg pitman and Alcoa will be the most one sided game of 2007 playoffs. If the athletic director at GP has any sense he will refuse to use the schools funding on a bus to transport this horid team to the game because there is no use in them showing up. At no posistion does gatlinburg pitman have a player that is superior to an Alcoa player. They are simply not good enough to play on Alcoa's level. This will be unquestionably the most facile victory of the playoffs for the Tornadoes. The gentlman who started this post asked if GP can stop this F5; a better question might be can GP get out of the first quater without the mercy rule being in effect.

The score will be 62-8 and don't think I need to say who will have the sixty two

and a note for the fans of gatlinburg pitman if you attempt to counter what I am saying please provide some reasoning other than, everybody has a chance on any given night, because all that proves: is that one you are too feeble minded to create a legitimate argument, or two you know I am right and are just blindly following your team to failure. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />