Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

The UT coaches told him that they were gonna go to the spread, but I think they said that just to get him to sign. there's no way UT changes their offense to the spread. I just don't see it happening.

UT ran an awful lot of 1-Back Shotgun against UK, so maybe they are gearing towards the spread. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiegler had an ACT score that qualified, that is fact his GPA held him back. He had to gray shirt at UTC and is now at GMC as a freshman. Yes all pass plays under reid with the exception of the quick game ( in which the quaterback and receiver had to read the db's alignment to determine what route to run and throw) had four to five options and like I said earlier the sixth was to run because as all knowledgible football fans know you can under no circumstances have six eligible recievers. I don't think anyone on here is really concerned with what a rhea county coach thinks what have they done ever.

Genius they had a pretty good team during the 80s. Coach Horton was head coach and a former CN assistant. Had a great staff of assistants. Much of which played college ball. The offensive coach in question knows his stuff. Played QB at CN until a shoulder injury forced him to move to LB. Played LB for a short time with the San Francisco 49ers. No he isn't at Rhea any more and yes he wears won of those state championship rings not won by a Blount Co school. Can you say that about yourself. Oh yeah, I forgot you were a sub that now goes to a prestigous college in Tennessee but don't have 2 degrees like some. And you won't tell anything because you want to remain anonymous. By the way, what is a gray shirt and why was he still a freshman upon transfer?

Oh yeah!!! Any knowledgeable football mind knows that you can have 6 elligible receivers. QB is an elligle receiver. Throw back to QB is a pretty common play. Rhea Co. coach would know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's gonna be a wildcat!! UT doesn't have a chance at Cobb, because UK will give him chance to play qb and UT wants him at WR. He told me this himself.

Tennessee wants him as a QB this for go vols.com

The Tornadoes (11-1) are the three-time defending Class 2A state champions and play Gatlinburg-Pittman (11-1) Friday at 7 p.m. in the state quarterfinals.

Cobb said this past summer that Kentucky would give him a look at quarterback but most likely at defensive back or receiver. Cobb said Monday that the Vols wanted him solely as a signal caller.

"Tennessee is actually looking at me as a quarterback and only at quarterback," said Cobb. "That’s pretty big, because in my heart I feel like I’m a quarterback. I’m willing to play to any position, but that’s one of the key things that has me interested in them right now. But, I’m going to wait until after the season to look into that."

Cobb also said Tennessee's track record has his eye.

Saw Duck, Rae Rae and BW at the G-P game Friday, I'm sure thay worked Cobb over before thay went up to see Kyrus on Saturday.

The Orange winning the East was as much of an upset as the Rough Riders winning the Grey Cup tonight. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was a fun game to watch.

Tennessee wants him as a QB this for go vols.com

The Tornadoes (11-1) are the three-time defending Class 2A state champions and play Gatlinburg-Pittman (11-1) Friday at 7 p.m. in the state quarterfinals.

Cobb said this past summer that Kentucky would give him a look at quarterback but most likely at defensive back or receiver. Cobb said Monday that the Vols wanted him solely as a signal caller.

"Tennessee is actually looking at me as a quarterback and only at quarterback," said Cobb. "That’s pretty big, because in my heart I feel like I’m a quarterback. I’m willing to play to any position, but that’s one of the key things that has me interested in them right now. But, I’m going to wait until after the season to look into that."

Cobb also said Tennessee's track record has his eye.

I wouldn't put money on him going to UT when I find out I'll let you know.

Saw Duck, Rae Rae and BW at the G-P game Friday, I'm sure thay worked Cobb over before thay went up to see Kyrus on Saturday.

The Orange winning the East was as much of an upset as the Rough Riders winning the Grey Cup tonight. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was a fun game to watch.

I talked to Duck at the game and he's not sure if he will even be at UT. He told me that Clemson and VT wants him to play linebacker and Memphis told him he could play RB. He's looking at going to a school like Memphis and being the star back.