Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

Did Kincannon play tonight? I thought I heard his name mentioned on the webcast. I hope Randall's ankle is okay. Thanks for your reports......I am a long ways off!!!!

He may have played tonight; I could be wrong! I think Randall's ankle is okay; he was out warming up, jumping up and down, and didn't appear to have it wrapped.

Special teams get back to normal next week with Brodus assuming his duties and Thompson back in the normal line up.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the CPA game against GP and they remind me of a more physical CAK team. That receiver seemed to be pretty tall and the qb had a good arm, but I don't think their defense will be able to catch Cobb, hodge, tony, or thompson if they get behind them. They looked like a well disciplined team though. Alcoa 49-28!!

Gee...I don't think CPA is still in the hunt. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I've never seen Alcoa play and only tonight got to see DCA. If Alcoa can penetrate the O line and contain #21 DCA won't have a chance. DCA's O line tonight gave #14 (small in stature but can throw the ball well) all the time he needed to pass, except for a couple of plays when York sacked him.

I'd say Alcoa BIG in this one;

Alcoa 82

DCA 21

Originally posted by asby69;

I've never seen Alcoa play and only tonight got to see DCA. If Alcoa can penetrate the O line and contain #21 DCA won't have a chance. DCA's O line tonight gave #14 (small in stature but can throw the ball well) all the time he needed to pass, except for a couple of plays when York sacked him.

Alcoa 82

DCA 21

Please don't "quote" my posts then only change the score I had in it. Have enough guts to post your own scores/thoughts..........geeessshhhhh

"MY" prediction was 63 - 14.

Thank you.

Ok, First of all lay off of Alcoa's fans about being cocky. They're not being cocky they are being confident and until someone knocks them off the top of the 2a mountain which no one has done that yet, they can say whatever to whoever! All I will say about the game friday night against Alcoa and Dca is don't right it off just yet as a blowout.

I looked at the Tennessean for stats and DCA has some players. First of all you have #21. He is 6th in the state in rushing with 1674 yds and 20 TDS and is listed at 6'1" 180 and he is also in the top 75 for receiving with 369 YDS and 6 more scores. Then you have DCA's QB #14 He is 2nd in the state for passing with 2203 YDS and 26 TDS and has been in the top five QB's all year. He is listed at 5'10" 170 so the small stature comment seems a bit funny. Then you have #7, a receiver that has racked up 626 YDS and 10 TDS and is in the top 20 in receiving yards this season. They also have #22 that is in the top 25 with 592 YDS.

Now, I am not saying that DCA is going to match up equally at all with Alcoa because everyone knows they are a great team with tons of weapons, but I will say that DCA will be there on Friday night with all 12 cylinders firing as well and that is why you play the game. I know that responses to this tab are going to say things about Cobb and all the other threats that Alcoa has and I believe they are wonderful players, I just didn't want DCA to go un-heard on here and for everyone to know they have more than just one threat. Even though that one threat is a darn good one DCA has been the most balanced team in region 5 and I would go as far to say at least in the mid state.

And to answer the Dragon fan that says #21 is all DCA has its just not true. He was however more than you could handle, but he does have a great supporting cast right down to the front line blocking for him and the QB that gets it to not only him but the other dangerous receiver threats. Good luck to both teams next Friday and my prediction is the team that has the ball last prevails.

Alcoa 63

DCA 14

Alcoa hasn't scored more than 60 points all year... why do you think they'll start in round 4 of the playoffs?

and just because all you saw in the york game was 21 runnin all over you does not mean that that is the only threat DCA has...it's just all they needed on that specific night.

Alcoa 42

DCA 28

don't take em lightly