Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is actual scientific evidence that 2 different people can see the same occurence and see it differently and--------------------both be right!! This comes from no lesser authority than Stephen Hawking the renowned physicist and author of a Brief History of Time.

as he noted:

2 people are playing ping pong in a glass train box car. Hitting the ball back and forth as the train goes 100 miles per hour down the track the ball is in mid air. As they go through the station how fast is the ball going??

well ------------------------ it depends on your position and where you are watching. IF you are on the boxcar the ball is moving at 10 miles and if you are watching from the station plat form it is going 100 mph.

THE ANSWER IS YOU BOTH CAN BE RIGHT BASED ON YOU VANTAGE POINT

so there you go scientific evidence that explains it all /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

great job coach "zupruder" his right foot is clearly oob and since his left leg is even further on the outside it could not be in

For all of these people that say they have seen the film on all of these "questionable" calls....why don't you produce them and post them somewhere. If you can't then it is just like me saying I have seen video evidence of Bigfoot.

Do not cheapen the great season the young men from Bearden had by making crazy accusations. They played with a TON of heart and class and never quit. Down 3 scores with 5 minutes to go, a lot of lesser teams would have already packed it in, but they didn't.

There are several ways to build people back up after a tough let-down.

1). Spend your time encouraging, edifying, and lifting your guys after a great effort in order to make them feel better.

2). Spend your time trashing and tearing down everyone else involved, thus increasing your standing

However, when you do #2, that does nothing to chear up anyone. Spend your time focusing on your guys and encouraging them.

I realize that there are some that would rather utilize the #2 approach....That is why CoachT created the "Ignore" button.

For all of these people that say they have seen the film on all of these "questionable" calls....why don't you produce them and post them somewhere. If you can't then it is just like me saying I have seen video evidence of Bigfoot.

Do not cheapen the great season the young men from Bearden had by making crazy accusations. They played with a TON of heart and class and never quit. Down 3 scores with 5 minutes to go, a lot of lesser teams would have already packed it in, but they didn't.

There are several ways to build people back up after a tough let-down.

1). Spend your time encouraging, edifying, and lifting your guys after a great effort in order to make them feel better.

2). Spend your time trashing and tearing down everyone else involved, thus increasing your standing

However, when you do #2, that does nothing to chear up anyone. Spend your time focusing on your guys and encouraging them.

I realize that there are some that would rather utilize the #2 approach....That is why CoachT created the "Ignore" button.

http://ww2.volunteertv.com/global/video/po...mp;rnd=72362264

there is no way to tell if he was in or not from that picture because one- its from an odd angle and two- he isnt even on the ground. And on the on sides kick the news even said it looked as if the ball came out before he even hit the ground. No one could even tell at the game but the players right there. it happened too fast. I think the news is a better source than someone far away in the stands.

I'm hearing Shadowens will make the state championship game his swan song at Smyrna. Possibly retiring from the state system and taking a post with Middle TN Christian School. If so, pretty good way to ride off into the sunset -- back-to-back trips to the finals with Rod and Sonny. Best of luck in the future Coach Shad.

Bearden played one heck of a game. This was definately a hard fought game. I know a few have something about the second onside kick. The smyrna player cought the ball in the air, came to the ground with it, and then it came loose when everyone piled on but he had possesion when he came down. A lot of people will probably argue over this for a while, but hey, everyone has an opinion.

Caught it in the air and came down with it? How about caught it in the air got layed the ###### out, flipped, dropped the ball, and bearden came up with it. But the refs couldn't get enough of that home cooking and had to let smyrna win. On a more positive note, I thought smyrna played a heck of a game and did what no one has been able to do this year, shut down torey works. I don't think that anyone who was there could deny that the bearden team had the most heart. They never gave up down 17 0 and should have came back and won. And the cj gunn TD catch that got called back, I was talking to mark packer and he said his camera guy rolled back the tape and he was clearly in, more home cooking. The hardest thing I have had to do all season as a senior fan was go out on the field and physically pick up the players who gave every thing they had and came up short. All we could do was tell them that we were proud of them and they had a great year. This will be as far as bearden will go for a while. All said, I hope those refs never do another game again in their lives.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Sorry you're right. Way to go Smyrna and Indy for showing them where the REAL 5A football is played.

i can live with that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .... gl smyrna