Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

So you think the refs would have made the same bs calls if the game was at a neutral site? I sure don't. Going to smyrna was like going to the bush league. Whoever said something about the band playing the whole game was exactly right. Our principal said that there are rules against it, and our band wanted to do it right back to them but he said no because we had to show a little class. Class-bearden has it, smyrna obviously doesn't

YOU LOSE!!!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the heck r u Smyrna fans going to still say that he was down and all this bs when in the picture the ball is CLEARLY out before he hit the ground. The refs can't signal who's ball it is without even clearing the pile, I talked with a teacher at BHS who's son played for Central a couple of years ago when they were very good and he said it was the worst officiated game he has ever seen. I think it's obsurd that the refs can take everything away from seniors that worked their ###### off for 4 years to get to this point...and then have it taken away bc of AWFUL officiating. And don't gimme this crap about playing conservative, everytime Sonny tried to pass we hit him or sacked him, there were probably Yankees or Cubs scouts in the stands telling the coach to stop callin passes before he gets hurt bc he was taking some shots.

How the heck r u Smyrna fans going to still say that he was down and all this bs when in the picture the ball is CLEARLY out before he hit the ground. The refs can't signal who's ball it is without even clearing the pile, I talked with a teacher at BHS who's son played for Central a couple of years ago when they were very good and he said it was the worst officiated game he has ever seen. I think it's obsurd that the refs can take everything away from seniors that worked their ###### off for 4 years to get to this point...and then have it taken away bc of AWFUL officiating. And don't gimme this crap about playing conservative, everytime Sonny tried to pass we hit him or sacked him, there were probably Yankees or Cubs scouts in the stands telling the coach to stop callin passes before he gets hurt bc he was taking some shots.

Enjoy wrestling season.

You lose!!

I am a bearden fan of approx 25 years...I will say that call did not loose the game for us. There were 3 quarters of football played where Bearden could have put points on the board, you can never look at an onside desperasion kick and say that lost us the game. I hate it for the Seniors, was I mad, heck yes....but with that being said, the execution wasnt their until Smyrna went to a prevent defense. Congrats to Smyrna, now go win another State Championship and beat the crap out of the team you play so we can say we were the second best team in the state!

it's not just the onsides kick that lost us the game. It was the two in bounds passes that got called out of bounds... one of them being a touchdown. and the so called fumble like 10 yards before our touchdown zone. All of those were crap calls too. I will say though that we did not play our best in the first half, but the refs calling that game lost it for us because we would have had 3 touchdowns if not more.

I was at this game and can honestly say I don't have a clue who should've won because it was officiated pretty horribly all around. It is very disapointing that TSSAA couldn't find anyone better to ref at this level of play-off's. Yes Bearden got the worst of it, but I don't know how it would've played it if the right calls were made anyway. With that said way to go Bearden on this fantastic year, you all did great and made many people proud. Atleast you played your hearts out, the cards didn't play your way, and you've no regrets. Also good luck Smyrna, you obviously have a very talented and tough group of players. Go see if you can't repeat last year.

That freeze frame clearly shows the ball coming out before he hit the ground....there is no doubt in my mind that had the correct call been made, Bearden would be going to the boro next week. what a shame...

So, if Bearden had recovered that onside kick, they would have been automatically awarded with 4 points, putting them 1 point ahead? It seems like to me that if they had recovered the kick, they still would have had to score a touchdown to win.