Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

I hate this place, brings back too may bad memories. Thanks for sending me back to that place I never wanted to go. Mt. Pleasant better hopes it doesn't rain cause the field turns into a mudbowl.

How you been Gerry Bertier??? We haven't talked much since we got sent to class A!!! I truly am sorry that your memories of McKenzie are not so good but, we've talked about that in the past. Guess I'm not sorry we won though. "Mud Bowl"!! Well, this IS west TN and we ARE the swamp end of the state so.................. Rain = Swamp over here!!! But we'll both have to play in it and contrary to popular belief MOST of our players don't have webbed feet!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hope things are good with you man. Good to hear from you again.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is that saying Trenton and Union City is the only good competition McKenzie has faced and the region and the rest of the competition is weak? What have we got to compare to on what the Rebels have faced through out the year?

Have they faced off against good teams like Jo Byrns, Cascade, Wayne County, Collinwood, etc.?

Or are the teams the Rebels faced more like Zion, CA, West Carroll, Gleason and Halls?

Any team can have all the stats and big defensive numbers they want to against small caliber competition.

I also noticed that the Rebels starting RB has 1079 yards rushing while mTp's leading rusher has almost 3 times that with 2447 yards and mTp's second rusher with 701 yards. The Rebels second rusher Johnson with 300 yards.

The stats without a doubt say the Rebels will pass more than run. I hope mTp prepares for that well and #1 David Brown gets turned loose after the QB and #88 and #74 stays in front of Carr towering high in his face making him scramble more than pass. Kind of hard to pass with two over 6 ft 3 inchers lineman in your face holding their hands up in the air.

Actually, McKenzie has rushed for more yards than they have passed for but, there were several games that our starting offense didn't get a lot of playing time in the second half. Many of our scores were quite short due to turnovers created by our defense also.

The Rebels also beat Huntingdon (AA) handily and they went to the second round of the AA playoffs. Gleason and Greenfield both fell before us with winning records. By seasons end, Gleason was argueably the second best team in our region and don't be fooled by the past, they were for real this year.

OK, I was busy today and didn't get on here untill about 8PM and it's taken a while to catch up.

Last season and what all happened........forget it!!

Scrimmage games.........won't matter Friday night!!

The 13 games before now this season..........are over!!

The past just doesn't matter........PERIOD!!

It's reality time and we are both in the game. The Rebels aren't overlooking MtP as we haven't overlooked any team this season. At this point, I'm pretty sure noone is overlooking the Rebels either but, I could be wrong about that one. Stats are just that.......all that matters now is what the teams do next Friday night. I expect a good game with the potential to be a close one.

McKenzie has been preparing for this game all season. I"m not real sure how MP will prepare for us because we are hard to duplicate on the practice field for all but, the best of teams. Anyway, it should be a good one to watch. I promise that the atmosphere will be electric at Rebel Field in this one!!! I'm still going with my Rebels in this one though....................we'll all know the answer about 9:30 Friday night!!!!

OK, I was busy today and didn't get on here untill about 8PM and it's taken a while to catch up.

It's reality time and we are both in the game. The Rebels aren't overlooking MtP as we haven't overlooked any team this season. At this point, I'm pretty sure noone is overlooking the Rebels either but, I could be wrong about that one. Stats are just that.......all that matters now is what the teams do next Friday night. I expect a good game with the potential to be a close one.

McKenzie has been preparing for this game all season. I"m not real sure how MP will prepare for us because we are hard to duplicate on the practice field for all but, the best of teams. Anyway, it should be a good one to watch. I promise that the atmosphere will be electric at Rebel Field in this one!!! I'm still going with my Rebels in this one though....................we'll all know the answer about 9:30 Friday night!!!!

Very True

Well Butchie I partially agree w/ you here, the JBS offense is as good as any as far as balance or anything else when they are clicking and not turning the ball over. They left atleast 21 points on the field Friday nite against mTp.

I stink Up To No One. I Have Chatted With them The last Couple Seasons As I Have Bigby. they Invited Me And I Went. And I Was Sure They'd Beat ya. Turnovers Killed Em. Your Lucky To Be Playing Us. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

MP defense played awesome and caused those turnovers. JB's QB just didnt throw it openly to a MP defender and the hit #5 from JB took by #30 from MP was a bone shattering hit that any back in the state would have fumbled. If we want to talk about points left on the field, MP left about 14 out there from penelties. So if you want to do the math then MP still wins by 3.

Most of the time I agree with your post Butchie, but luck doesnt get you to the semis. You have to be good and beat real good teams. Some have to do it all three rounds, some just have to in the 3rd round. If you look at the braket Bigby, I believe Mckenzie played two teams with losing records in the first two rounds of the playoffs. I know its not there fault, they have to play who is put in front of them, but MP played a 7-3 team and a 10-1 team in the first two rounds. Saying all that, it doesnt mean crap when the first whistle blows Friday night!

MP defense played awesome and caused those turnovers. JB's QB just didnt throw it openly to a MP defender and the hit #5 from JB took by #30 from MP was a bone shattering hit that any back in the state would have fumbled. If we want to talk about points left on the field, MP left about 14 out there from penelties. So if you want to do the math then MP still wins by 3.

Everything is not about you or MP, I brought that up simply b/c JBS could have scored more points b/c they did move the ball. I did not say that they would have won or anything, this reply really had nothing to do w/ MP at all b/c I was just saying JBS offense was good and their effort against MP is not normal to what they usually do. Also it had nothing at all to do w/ MP's offense leaving anything on the field. Bottom line, I was making an argument for JBS against Mckenzie's offense, it had absolutely nothing to do w/ MP what-so-ever.....

I swear you can take any post and make it about someone discrediting MP, I promise you any post I make about last weeks game is irrelevant and not a shot at MP in anyway. It is sad I have to make that statement, but w/ you I guess it just has to be made. Take a chill pill man seriously.....

Honestly, I don't think anyone has discredited MP on here and the McKenzie fans sure haven't. Those of us here in Mtown do believe we have more weapons than MP does but, time will tell. Opinions are like elbows, everybody has a couple of 'em!! Rebel fans believe in our team and I suppose MP fans believe in theirs. The answers will start to come at 7 Friday night and the answer will be on us all at about 9:30 Friday night!! Ya'll have a safe trip and lets all hope for an injury free game.

And I don't care what Butchie says, Hig's is a fine eatin' place. So is Bob's if you want some BBQ!!!! We like 'ol Butchie but, most all of us also are pretty fond of Hig's too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think we will overlook you guys this year. We made that mistake last year with JCS and it killed us. I can't see it happening again.