Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

Well, since this thread is nearly 40 pages and it is still early in the week everyone can tell that this is going to be a big game.

First off, let me say congratulations to both teams for getting this far. And another congratulations for getting this far undefeated. 13-0 is a great record and no matter what happens Friday, both teams should be proud of what they have accomplished so far.

Now, not knowing much about Hampton other than what I have heard from others and what I have read here on the "T" I shouldn't be making predictions on this game. So I won't necessarily. What I will say is that IF South Pittsburg plays their game and IF they play it the way that they have all year long then they COULD take this one by 20. IF they don't play their game though, Hampton could take this one home and have a chance to play for the gold.

Good luck to both teams and here's to a clean, hard fought, injury free game.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I just want to say congrats to both teams. You all are tremendous players and exceptional athletes. I am truly proud of all of you dogs. I have watched you virtually everyday grow into a team that has made many strides to improve each and every week. We have hit bumps ( thanks oneida and unicoi, you made us better!! thats a compliment by the way) but we have passed all the tests so far. This is our third try at this thing and hopefully, we will pass the test. However, if we do not, do not think that we would be any less proud of you. YOU are awesome. We love you all, and you are truly quite a great bunch of young men. To South PItt, good luck to you and god bless. Lets play a hard clean game without any injuries. Whoever wins this game I truly believe will win state. Cant wait until Friday! Go Dogs. You are already on your way to being successful in whatever you want to accomplish.

First of all best of luck to 2 very quality programs, teams, and 1a football communities.

Now with that being said, I would advise the grounds crew in Hampton to begin wetting down the field right now and continue throughout the week. By wet I mean water standing 6 inches deep on your field. Get the county to come and burst a water line or something. South Pitt will not be shut down but maybe slowed down a little. Hamptons best chance of slowing down the steamroller coming your way is to bog them down in mud or weld the doors to the SOUTH PITT bus shut with their team inside. This South Pitt team may be the best, most talented 1a team since the T$$AA moved to 7 classifications instead of 3. They are big, well coached and the fastest 1a team in a long time if not ever. While they do not throw the ball great they are capable of taking short passes and making them huge plays with yards after the catch.

I respect your program HAMPTON and the great strides you have made by reaching your third consecutive semifinal game. However this team is better than either of the last 2 years opponents you have lost to.

As for last years "questionable calls" which some Hampton fans have referred to in their loss to FC, I would have to say the worst call of that game was the Hampton qb "trying" to run over FC's Mr. Football finalist LB right before the half. That play sealed the game for FC and from my perspective about 10 yards away the ref was not involved in that play.

Hampton 7

South Pitt 44

Congrats again to both teams on great years !!

First of all best of luck to 2 very quality programs, teams, and 1a football communities.

Now with that being said, I would advise the grounds crew in Hampton to begin wetting down the field right now and continue throughout the week. By wet I mean water standing 6 inches deep on your field. Get the county to come and burst a water line or something. South Pitt will not be shut down but maybe slowed down a little. Haptons best chance of slowing down the steamroller coming your way is to bog them down in mud or weld the doors to the SOUTH PITT bus shut with their team inside. This South Pitt team may be the best, most talented 1a team since the T$$AA moved to 7 classifications instead of 3. They are big, well coached and the fastest 1a team in a long time if not ever. While they do not throw the ball great they are capable of taking short passes and making them huge plays with yards after the catch.

I respect your program HAMPTON and the great strides you have made by reaching your third consecutive semifinal game. However this team is better than either of the last 2 years opponents you have lost to.

As for last years "questionable calls" which some Hampton fans have referred to in their loss to FC, I would have to say the worst call of that game was the qb "trying" to run over FC's Mr. Football finalist LB rgt before the half. That play sealed the game for FC.

Hampton 7

South Pitt 44

The game is at South Pittsburg. Hampton wetting down their field won't do too much to help or hurt.

The game is at South Pittsburg. Hampton wetting down their field won't do too much to help or hurt.

OH NO , It's at Beene Stadium!!! I'll bet coach Grider has Zone Pirate, Geno, and Old Pirate guarding all entrances to the South Pitt field and the sprinkler system. Best advice for HAMPTON then is to weld the doors of their bus shut before the team can get on, blow up all the bridges leading out of Hampton, and stay home. At least then they can't blame the referees or the South Pitt team of abuse! If they thought the ride home from Lebanon was long last year this year's will be like traveling home from Memphis.

After the last three weeks, SOUTH PITT has made a believer out of me!!!

Now with that being said, I would advise the grounds crew in Hampton to begin wetting down the field right now and continue throughout the week. By wet I mean water standing 6 inches deep on your field. Get the county to come and burst a water line or something. South Pitt will not be shut down but maybe slowed down a little. Hamptons best chance of slowing down the steamroller coming your way is to bog them down in mud or weld the doors to the SOUTH PITT bus shut with their team inside. This South Pitt team may be the best, most talented 1a team since the T$$AA moved to 7 classifications instead of 3. They are big, well coached and the fastest 1a team in a long time if not ever. While they do not throw the ball great they are capable of taking short passes and making them huge plays with yards after the catch.

As for last years "questionable calls" which some Hampton fans have referred to in their loss to FC, I would have to say the worst call of that game was the Hampton qb "trying" to run over FC's Mr. Football finalist LB right before the half. That play sealed the game for FC and from my perspective about 10 yards away the ref was not involved in that play.

Hampton 7

South Pitt 44

Okay, you have seen S Pitt play this year. How can you make a prediction without having seen Hampton play THIS YEAR. I'm sure SPitt is better than last year, but so is Hampton. So I don't believe anyone can take your prediction seriously. Remember this is 2007, not 2005 or 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speed really dont matter when your getting hit!!!!!!!!! i bet they dont like power football in the PITT.

Old Pirate says longhair, you are obviously a youngon and have very little info regarding SP. The Pirates are not a team that want take it right at you. Sonnyboy, SP may get beat, but... it will take a huge effort from the Bulldogs and they will bring it so be ready.

Old Pirate says longhair, you are obviously a youngon and have very little info regarding SP. The Pirates are not a team that want take it right at you. Sonnyboy, SP may get beat, but... it will take a huge effort from the Bulldogs and they will bring it so be ready.

Longhair don't play anymore and don't even have longhair. Playing for Carson N and wearing short hair. I don't look for this to be a pillow fight, I'm sure South Pitt can play just as phyical as anyone. Several people are underestimating Hampton ,but thats a good thing,alot of proud seniors on this team. They will come to win. I like the leadership and the Charactor on this Hampton team. If they get what they deserve,they will be State Champs. I've been associated with alot of Teams over the years, This is the best bunch of boys I've ever been around. Win or lose, I'll always remember this group. Just a great bunch. All of Hampton should be proud, they are being represented by a great bunch of boys.