Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

Can't argue with you at all Zone Pirate. I will have to have a heart to heart with Roop on the first move is up deal. If Roop would fire off the ball low with a purpose... well that is a scary thought. I hope he decides to do this Friday! Also, I noticed that you guys like to play d with 3 down lineman. Do you think South Pitt will do that against Hampton?

Dog truth, it's already an ingrained habit with Roop, he aint comin out of it for this game. So, I took a different approach with Roop. I told him to jump straight up, tuck booth feet up near his rear and land knees first into the guys back that goes low on him. That guy won't do it but once or twice and he'll get the picture. Roop has tried the move in practice today and he likes the outcome. I don't think SP lineman will like it much though! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dog truth, it's already an ingrained habit with Roop, he aint comin out of it for this game. So, I took a different approach with Roop. I told him to jump straight up, tuck booth feet up near his rear and land knees first into the guys back that goes low on him. That guy won't do it but once or twice and he'll get the picture. Roop has tried the move in practice today and he likes the outcome. I don't think SP lineman will like it much though! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Interesting strategy Dawgman. I hope South Pitt has lots of replacement lineman! On a serious note though, Roop needs to play with a purpose on Friday. Play every down like it is his last!

But can you imagine what a D-1 school will do with him? Right now, he is effective, but the next step is to be dominate, and that will come. You can't teach size, but you can blocking. Its kinda wild watching his counterpart wear down during a game, and for his size, he actually has pretty good stamina. BTW, I am liking your level-headed post on here zone. Trust me, no matter what anyone says on here, South Pitt has our attention and our respect, but we also think we have a legitamate shot, as you all do too. That's what is setting this up to be a slobber-knocker. I am thinking of a score, a prediction if you will. But I will hold on to it until Thursday night or Friday morning.

Has he been offered by anybody? To be honest I think his path will lead him to a smaller school.

You are correct....If he is a Senior he will not change now. The problem with a big guy that can easily dominate the smaller kids he faces in 1A is that he picks up bad habits because he can get away with it and still whip the other guy.

All the SP players have been already been warned to not be under him if he falls /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I saw once when he got chopped he fell like a ton of bricks on the kid. Didn't look like it was fun. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Are the guys he tried it on going to get out of the hospital by game time??? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Are the guys he tried it on going to get out of the hospital by game time??? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You know, we had a hard time getting a real human to try out this exercise, so we finally settled for a practice dummy. Poor Roop thought he'd crushed the thing to death and was trying to nurse it back to life. Gotta love the big lug.

He's one of those guys that it takes a lot ot get him mad, but when he gets mad,,,,,,,,,,,,,WATCH OUT!

You'd think he'd get tired of his shins hurting every Saturday by now.

I hope you all have a safe trip down here. This is a very rowdy crowd down here so you better be mentally tough or the wall gang members will get in your players heads really fast. I know you have to be a good team to be 13-0 but man untill you've witnessed probaly in all classifications the fastest team in the state of TN, all I can say is watch and you want be dissapointed.

Sportman, you must have lost your cartoon mind if you think SP is the FASTEST TEAM IN TN IN ALL CLASSES. Now I'll give them credit where credit is due, they sound like an awesome team & they are definitely the favorite in the Hampton game but you need to leave your single A world now & then. If you want to see speed just go watch a 3A, 4A, or 5A game in round 4.

Sportman, you must have lost your cartoon mind if you think SP is the FASTEST TEAM IN TN IN ALL CLASSES. Now I'll give them credit where credit is due, they sound like an awesome team & they are definitely the favorite in the Hampton game but you need to leave your single A world now & then. If you want to see speed just go watch a 3A, 4A, or 5A game in round 4.

short hair does care is back.... sorry pitt dont pack your >>edited