Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

Those Unapproved Website videos are from last year. I covered South once this season and he has surpassed last year in his abilities, if you can believe that. Like the video from Rivals said, he is the best quarterback to come out of our area (Northeast TN/Southwest Virginia) since Steve Spurrier. I don't count Shawn Witten because he ended up being a receiver at Virginia Tech - but Shawn was a great all-around player himself.

Phillips is by far the best athlete from the area since the Wittens (Elizabethton) and Julius and Thomas Jones of Powell Valley (Va. and Heath Miller of Honaker (Va.). Now everybody knows Phillips is good. But having seen South and being very familiar with Maryville, fom top to bottom, they do not match up with Maryville with the exception of Phillips and maybe one other guy. If Phillips got to line up with some of Maryville's guys, look out. He's turned rust into gold in most cases with South.

My pick is Maryville by two touchdowns. But I think Phillips alone makes it a good game. Ron, you'll be impressed with him like you were with Shawn Witten a few years back. This South team has nothing on that Elizabethton team. Of course, I don't know how much this Maryville team matches up with that one in 98 either.

Those are great athletes yes but to say "by far" I could argue there have been a few others in this area that could be added to that list between Whitten and Phillips. Gerald Sensabaugh (DB, NFL) just to name one...I'm sure there are more "athletes" from other schools.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South is going to crush Mary-ville. I mean what a bunch of girls they are...oh we're sooo good, we smudge our class down to a 4a so we can feel great about ourselves! Come on, it's like a bad movie where everyone in town is so obsessed about football....maybe you should learn how to do something other than play football...

We also play a little basketball in the largest classification. We won a little tournament at the end of last season.

About the rest or your post, I hope a moderator is aware.

matback iz she purty, big, purty big, or purty and big?

map, eye'm lookin' forwurd two the V.C.C.' s. Sound's like naller, choclit, and strawburry is neopollytun.

Ain't hit good two bee frum a 'peacefull little town' except 'bout too hours on Fridee evenuns in tha fall!!!.......

STARS i've got em in all categories

On another note according to fireballs22the "Tn school board" is now the governing body of Tennessee high school athletics and they are going to move us up to 5a. When did that happen? I was under the impression that the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association was still in charge. I guess I'll have to cancel my date tonight with cousin Viloula and try to pick his brain to see what else i've missed.

Gray Ghost, I'm a little upset that you would think that Fireballs is me. I mean I know you don't like me, but I'm far too intelligent to write something like that. You've got to be kidding me. And you know what? I'm sick and tired of all of you people telling me to shut up because you don't have an argument. I've backed up everything that I have said with facts and history, and all you guys say is well you should just stop typing cause you're being mean.

My Mom and Dad went to Cosby. They still have that Eagle blood also. You should have seen how mad they got one time. I can't remember if it was the Alcoa announcers or the William Blount announcers that said this. In Blount County they show the Alcoa,William Blount and Heritage playbacks. Those announcers were ripping Cosby for making the playoffs with a 1-9 record. They were saying it was a joke that Cosby made the playoffs. My Mom and Dad were upset. It wasn't Cosby's fault that there were only 5 teams in their region.

All my Uncles and Aunts from Mom and Dad's side went to Cosby. I have several Cousins and 2nd Cousins who went to Cosby. Some are going to Cosby now. My Cousin Shirley's Granddaughter goes there now.Her last name is Costner. One of Cosby's greatest football players ever is my 2nd cousin Lacy Gates. I watched Cosby 3 times Lacy's senior year. I watched the Union County,Chuckey Doak and North Greene games that year. Another 2nd Cousin was on that team Andy Clark. Andy's Mom Susie and Lacy's Mom Brenda are my 1st Cousins. Susie and Brenda's dads are brothers. Wayne and John My dad is Wayne and John's brother.

What a small world. Andy's cousin Tinker is my brother in law. His dad's name is Bubby Clark. I know Ashley Costner too. lol. Ill probably come to the Maryville game this weekend. I played football for Cosby. I graduated in 07. Me and My bro are now playing at Emory and Henry.

let's go South. everyone in Hampton is cheering for you. i think it will be alot closer than most of these people are thinking...

Lord Vader thanks for the kind words. The Rebel Alliance(South) is very well equiped, they're more dangerous than the Empire realizes. The Empire doesn't consider a small NET team to be a threat. An analysis of the plans has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. The Rebel Alliance will be required to maneuver straight down the field and skim the turf to a point. The target area is only 20yds long. It's a small thermal endzone port, just below the goalpost. A precise hit by Captain Phillips(the force is strong in this one) followed by the rest of the Rebel Alliance will start a chain reaction which should destroy the Empire. Only a presice hit will set off a chain reaction. The endzone is raysheilded so we will have to use Fletchon torpedoes. The Empire knows if the Rebel Alliance has obtained a complete technical reading of this team, it is possible, to find a weakness and exploit it. In the words of Master Carter " Try not! Do or do not...there is no try." /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

My appologies to George Lucas. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Remember South; your focus determines your reality.

We also play a little basketball in the largest classification. We won a little tournament at the end of last season.

About the rest or your post, I hope a moderator is aware.

We are also one of the best school systems in the state! contrary to popular belief, academics are much more important to the Maryville School Board than football or basketball-we be edjumacated and stuff!!!

I've been playing with some numbers this morning, and suddenly what I see on paper is making me think that this game could be closer than what my gut is telling me. I'll post some of my findings later.

Thank the Lord-somebody actually wants to talk about the game friday night-what a novel idea

what's South's D and runningbacks like? what D do they run? how's their special teams?

by the way didn't you "play" with some numbers before the red bank game? i know i was pleasantly surprised to watch the Red Rebels dismantle the lions-what a whoopin. let's hope they can keep it rollin' Move them Chains-Go Red Rebels!!!!!!

I've been playing with some numbers this morning, and suddenly what I see on paper is making me think that this game could be closer than what my gut is telling me. I'll post some of my findings later.

papa don't leave us hanging like that. i've got to have a root canal this afternoon and probably won't be back on til lat tonight.

nicely done itstartshereman, thats pretty good lol.

All petty bickering aside....As we contiue to pray for Morgan Edwards, his doctors, and the safety of these young men both on the trip down here as well as on the field of play, I ask that you all remember Sean Taylor's family in our prayers. In case you haven't heard, the Washington Redskins safety was shot in his apt early on the morning of the 26th in the leg and the bullet severed his femoral artery. He passed away around 5:30 this morning, according to an ESPN.com article. Taylor was 24.

I'm actually a current player from Maryville and I'm just really bored playing at such a dominating school. We're good at everything and it's really just embarressing! The best football, basketball and nobody has a better banjo section than us! One of my cousins was the kid in Deliverance and he was on the red rebels high school marching band years ago and everyone knows how good he was. Honestly our women are the hottest in the state too!!! Thats why we always marry our cousins......( ok sometimes our own moms and dads ) because they're sooo beautiful. It's really not that bad, it's just our personel preference. So I guess I'm just letting off a little steam! The south will rise again....yeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa