Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

Let me just say that I'm sorry about the blogs I have added tonight they have been out of line and I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Now let me adjust my prediction on the score of this amazing game on the horizon South 6 Maryville 82. I know it seems like a stretch but man Maryville is the best football team east of California! If I were the Wisconsin coaches I would beg coach Carter to not play Curt, after all it is just a football game and we certainly don't want Curt ruining his career going against all of the future NFL players on Maryville. So please, everyone I've offended...I'm truly sorry for any sleep you may have lost over my derogatory comments towards Maryville and the wonderful residents that reside in that peaceful little town. Goodnight and may peace be with you.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got on Unapproved Website and tri cities.com to watch highlights of Sullivan South and Curt Phillips. The more I watch the more I am impressed. I saw tacklers just bouncing off of Curt Phillips. Maryville better be ready to gang tackle this friday.

Those Unapproved Website videos are from last year. I covered South once this season and he has surpassed last year in his abilities, if you can believe that. Like the video from Rivals said, he is the best quarterback to come out of our area (Northeast TN/Southwest Virginia) since Steve Spurrier. I don't count Shawn Witten because he ended up being a receiver at Virginia Tech - but Shawn was a great all-around player himself.

Phillips is by far the best athlete from the area since the Wittens (Elizabethton) and Julius and Thomas Jones of Powell Valley (Va. and Heath Miller of Honaker (Va.). Now everybody knows Phillips is good. But having seen South and being very familiar with Maryville, fom top to bottom, they do not match up with Maryville with the exception of Phillips and maybe one other guy. If Phillips got to line up with some of Maryville's guys, look out. He's turned rust into gold in most cases with South.

My pick is Maryville by two touchdowns. But I think Phillips alone makes it a good game. Ron, you'll be impressed with him like you were with Shawn Witten a few years back. This South team has nothing on that Elizabethton team. Of course, I don't know how much this Maryville team matches up with that one in 98 either.

acdcfan

Anyone who is a AC/DC fan has to be alright.

Maryville is much better coached than they were in 1998. Maryville is much more polished now on offense.

Brent Burnett is a better quarterback than Toki McCray was.

Running backs are about even.

The receivers Maryville has now is better.

Maryville is better in the secondary this year.

Kicking game was much better in 1998.

Where the 98 team was way superior is in the offensive and defensive lines. 98 offensive line was the best I ever seen.Every lineman on that team played college football. 2 of them started at D1 Schools.

Linebackers were better in 98.

I can't wait to see Curt Phillips. There will be 2 great quarterbacks on display as Brent Burnett is big time. I think Sullivan South will score some points on Maryville. Curt is too good. But! Maryville will win because Burnett will have more weapons around him. Aaron Douglas is one of the best tight ends in the country. He is 6,7 250lbs and runs a 4.75 He has great hands and is a devastating blocker. Steven Shiver is a 6'4 200lbs WR/DB who runs a 4.6 forty. He is an outstanding receiver and will knock your head off from his defensive back position. Another great WR/DB is Tyler Clendenen. Tyler is 6' 180lbs and runs a 4.55 Another WR/DB is Caleb Clement. Clement is 5'11 175lbs. He runs a 4.7 forty. He will knock your head off.

You are a joke. A real moron. How do you get Maryville is incest. Id say Sullivan County has more incest people that Blount County. You are just making yourself look really, really stupid. I am from Cosby and love to watch Maryville. Coach Q amazes me. BTW, Rebel Ron, good luck to your runnin' Rebs. Didnt you say your folks went to Cosby?

My Mom and Dad went to Cosby. They still have that Eagle blood also. You should have seen how mad they got one time. I can't remember if it was the Alcoa announcers or the William Blount announcers that said this. In Blount County they show the Alcoa,William Blount and Heritage playbacks. Those announcers were ripping Cosby for making the playoffs with a 1-9 record. They were saying it was a joke that Cosby made the playoffs. My Mom and Dad were upset. It wasn't Cosby's fault that there were only 5 teams in their region.

All my Uncles and Aunts from Mom and Dad's side went to Cosby. I have several Cousins and 2nd Cousins who went to Cosby. Some are going to Cosby now. My Cousin Shirley's Granddaughter goes there now.Her last name is Costner. One of Cosby's greatest football players ever is my 2nd cousin Lacy Gates. I watched Cosby 3 times Lacy's senior year. I watched the Union County,Chuckey Doak and North Greene games that year. Another 2nd Cousin was on that team Andy Clark. Andy's Mom Susie and Lacy's Mom Brenda are my 1st Cousins. Susie and Brenda's dads are brothers. Wayne and John My dad is Wayne and John's brother.

South is going to crush Mary-ville. I mean what a bunch of girls they are...oh we're sooo good, we smudge our class down to a 4a so we can feel great about ourselves! Come on, it's like a bad movie where everyone in town is so obsessed about football....maybe you should learn how to do something other than play football and sleep with your cousins! All you Mary-ville fans may think it's ok to sleep with your cousins but outside of your incest filled town, it's really just disgusting.

have you seen my cousin? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have had it!!! I am sick and tired of people like you getting on here with no intent other than to stir up trouble. This is a place to have good CLEAN conversations and I am fed up with you coming on here and making comments that give a whole school a bad name. Just to everyone out there who hasnt really figured it out yet, this punk is does not speak for the real supporters of SSHS. He is a no class, low -life with nothing better to do. So please, even though I am not from South I know that they have more respect for Maryville this coming friday than one can fathom. I know if this was my school I would be outraged at the name that this hoodlum is trying to create for your school. I for one would love to see this person removed from coachT for good. I am sorry for anyone that scum bag has offended!!

You are right, this jerk is in no way a South fan or even a student at South! Because if he were a South fan why would he have waited until this week to start posting, I think some of those threads during the regular season would have drawn him out before now!

IMO this is probably panther08 just trying to cause a stir, check out what time he started posting on this thread, HMMM 2 minutes right after panthers last post! Just ignore him he will go away! Besides the Maryville faithful are not stupid, they know that some one from South would ever make comments like those.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!! WOW this is turning out to be an intriguing match-up!

As with any game of any given night even the best are beatable. Maryville has the recent history and the record but all are meant to come to an end and I'de like to see the South Rebels do so Friday night as myself and my family will travel to watch this matchup. I think our Rebels will be fired up and in the right mindset to pull off an upset.

I wish both teams the best of luck and a safe game, But regardless of what happens the "Rebels" will win. I think this game will be closer than most think also, I'm sure Maryville will have depth and size on us but our guys will match them in heart.

South Rebels 28

Maryville 24

You are right, this jerk is in no way a South fan or even a student at South! Because if he were a South fan why would he have waited until this week to start posting, I think some of those threads during the regular season would have drawn him out before now!

IMO this is probably panther08 just trying to cause a stir, check out what time he started posting on this thread, HMMM 2 minutes right after panthers last post! Just ignore him he will go away! Besides the Maryville faithful are not stupid, they know that some one from South would ever make comments like those.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!! WOW this is turning out to be an intriguing match-up!

Sounds like a possible plant to me (trying to start a fire for Maryville), or someone who already had their steak eaten by Maryville(jealous of Maryvilles success). Either way it's totally classless to get on here and act like the North end of a Southbound horse.

have you seen my cousin? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

matback iz she purty, big, purty big, or purty and big?

map, eye'm lookin' forwurd two the V.C.C.' s. Sound's like naller, choclit, and strawburry is neopollytun.

Ain't hit good two bee frum a 'peacefull little town' except 'bout too hours on Fridee evenuns in tha fall!!!.......

Let me just say that I'm sorry about the blogs I have added tonight they have been out of line and I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Now let me adjust my prediction on the score of this amazing game on the horizon South 6 Maryville 82. I know it seems like a stretch but man Maryville is the best football team east of California! If I were the Wisconsin coaches I would beg coach Carter to not play Curt, after all it is just a football game and we certainly don't want Curt ruining his career going against all of the future NFL players on Maryville. So please, everyone I've offended...I'm truly sorry for any sleep you may have lost over my derogatory comments towards Maryville and the wonderful residents that reside in that peaceful little town. Goodnight and may peace be with you.

This guy is not from Sullivan South, obviously. One thing that he is, obviously, is an idiot. He is an insult to football, any sport, and the character that the teachers, coaches, and parents have worked hard to build. I am embarrassed for anyone to think that this guy is associated with the fine people of Sullivan South. (be sure to see his earlier posts)---let's ignore him. React but don't reply directly to his posts.

Pepvol, I am by no means attempting to be a spokeman for Maryville. I am simply a football fan who is simply amazed by a team that has won 58 straight football games. That's an incredible number. I mean 58 games in a row is almost too much to fathom.

I had that chance to go watch South play against Mo West so I can say that my "speculations" are backed up by what I witnessed that night. South is in a situation similar to Hawaii in a way. All they can do is go out there week in and week out and beat the team that lines up in front of them. They can't help who they play, and I understand that. The fact of the matter is that NET has a smaller and less impressive talent pool then the knoxville blount county area. So I'm simply saying, as a football fan, that I am not going to fall all over myself about a kid who is putting up ridiculous numbers against sub par teams.

If you'll read my post on the Red Bank thread, I am well aware that Maryville always does things the right way. They are a classy bunch of guys. They will kick your tail and then tell you how excellent of a game you played. I don't really know why you felt the need to defend Maryville's class. Everyone on the board knows that I am a Powell grad and supporter. And no one was calling Maryville's class (or emphasis on education and life lessons) into question.

Panther I've been reading your posts on here for the last 4 weeks and I just couldn't stand idly by and read another without sayin something. Would you please quit typing and give all of us slow, weak, untalented, country bumpkins up here in the NET a break from your posts or should I say magazine columns!