Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

First off nothing but respect from this South Rebel for the Maryville Rebels and for what they have accomplished over the years. I have never been to Maryville for a game but will be attending this Friday night; some help is needed. Since I know nothing about the Maryville HS campus, is the stadium located at the high school? Is there visitor side seating or does everyone sit on the same side? How early do you have to arrive to get a descent seat? Any help is appreciated.

i really appreciate that classiness and respect, it gets really old people telling us we have nothing but luck winning game after game, so thanks..and yes, the stadium is at the school, and yes there is a visitors side, decency of seats depends on how avid the fans are for the visiting team, sometimes their side is completely crowded before ours is even 3/4 of the way full, and their seating is not too terribly small, but id say absolutely no later than 6, but i normally get my seat in the student section around 5:15, and the visitors stands are close to half filled soon after that and with this being semi-finals, i am sure it will be no different...hope that helps a little, safe travels /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

black hole? i've actully never heard that one before... but i like it.

Good luck to Maryville and South hopefully be a good game.

my freshman year the cheerleaders threw out shirts that said "together we seek to dominate and destroy any opponent who dares to escape the black hole"thus, in 2004, the black hole came to life as the maryville high school student section...

I'm not a Maryville or Sullivan South fan but I have seen Phillips play several times. South probably does not have a good enough overall team to beat Maryville, but I can promise Maryville this...you ain't seen nothing like Phillips coming at you all year. He's the real deal whether he is throwing or running.

I respect Curt Phillips a lot. But! Maryville has seen Randall Cobb this year. I can't imagine Phillips being more elusive than Cobb.

Rumor has it that Coach Carter, on the recording of his highlight show today is just gonna go ahead and forfeit the game to Maryville this Friday night. Yep, said his Rebels didn't stand a chance from what he had heard. Just gonna call it a season and be done with it. Said it just made sense because Maryville was so doggone good. Talked about how our QB (Phillips) coudn't throw a rock into the Patrick Henry Lake, and he was slower than molasses in winter time, looked like he runs in quicksand. Said the runningbacks (Fletch, Shanks) fold up like a dollar bill when the're hit. The line O & D was so soft their nickname was the Doughboys and I don't think that was a reference to WWI. The recievers(Martin,Johnson,K.K....) couldn't catch a football with a bushel basket. The defense gives up ground worse than France in ....well almost any war. So South should just move on, count their blessings, wait until next year, and just play teams in NET because they can at least have a chance to win a few. Whew! I was worried we might actually have to play Marryville. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Remember this SS Rebs:" Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and such affirmations that destiny can do nothing but obey."

i appreciate that sattire, haha...and that was a great quote, im pretty sure my RED rebels have it mastered /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I respect Curt Phillips a lot. But! Maryville has seen Randall Cobb this year. I can't imagine Phillips being more elusive than Cobb.

CP is Tim Tebow like except he's right handed 4.5.. 40 around 6'3" 225 or so and very elusive keeps D backs on their heels with his abilty to throw on the run he is just one tough dude period....

Rebelron,

We (Mo. West) scrimmaged Alcoa this year and played Sullivan South (as you know). IMHO I would agree that Phillips doesn't have the elusiveness that Cobb has but he is almost as fast, and is MUCH more powerful and harder to tackle. He is (as has been mentioned before) a High School version of Tim Tebow. I think he is probably the best individual offensive player Maryville has played since Jason Whitten. I will be interested to get your take after next Friday.

I still pick Maryville to win, because I think they will outscore Sullivan South.

I know it is the semifinals of the AAAA playoffs but I honestly don't expect this game to be any different than a typical Maryville beatdown of Lenoir City, South Doyle, Clinton, etc. The overall strength of the Knoxville area teams in AAAA is much stronger than the AAAA teams in upper East Tennessee. Maryville makes mincemeat of the Knoxville area teams on a regular basis so if you do the math, you know what is coming next Friday night, especially since Maryville appears to be playing better now than they have all season long.

We hear it every week. "Maryville may have size/speed/talent, but our team has heart." We've heard that almost every week since a cold Saturday in November in 2003. SS May be good, but I don't see them coming close to knocking off the Rebs.

I would have to say it is the heart of the Red Rebels that makes the difference.They roll like a machine but the kids are not like that at all. You look in their eyes and talk to them and they have that heart to stink it up and play the game.

The start of it was at the WB game , they7 gave all they had and GQ gave them the win. Do what you are told and give 100% and you have done your job and the team will win.I defy anyone to question the heart of this team.They do not expect teams to roll over for them , they prepare and come to play every week.The character of this team gives them the edge every week, not their size/speed/talent. If you look at that this team is not as big, fast or talented as those of the past.If it is down to heart then this season will end up the same way last year did.

SIR,I AM A REF,UMPIRE IN TN,AND GEORGIA,B-BALL,BASKETBALL.I WISH ALL FANS HAD RESPECT 4 THE GAME AS U DOSIR,I AM A REF,UMPIRE IN TN,AND GEORGIA,B-BALL,BASKETBALL.I WISH ALL FANS HAD RESPECT 4 THE GAME AS U DO

Thank you Sir! You are probably one of few people that actually see where I am coming from on my post ALL these boys have worked hard to reach this point in thier seasons, they deserve much more respect than some are willing to give or admit. I am not sure if it is due to jealousy or lack of success, but something definately keeps them from wishing ALL these players the best!

Good Luck to you in all your upcoming games, I know that even the Refs and umpires also can use well wishes! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Phillips doesn't run a 4.5 even on his scouts.com profile he runs a 4.6 fastest i have heard is 4.55 and he doesn't have the game speed to match that time from the game that I saw. And like i said sims runs harder then phillips and Maryville handled him just fine. And they did it while having to worry about an above average QB and really really REALLY athletic receivers passing game.

Before Maryville fans start saying there's no way for Sullivan South to win this game, keep in mind that they did thrash Morristown West a couple of weeks ago - the one team that's beaten Maryville in their last 113 games.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I believe most of those fellows from that Mo West team have probably graduated by now..what's your point?

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Oh, just being my typical cautious self. I don't want Maryville players to get over-confident and have a let-down. Morristown West does have a good coach, obviously, and had different players on the two teams that they beat Maryville with in the last 113 games. I wasn't expecting Sullivan South to beat MoWest this year to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I think Maryville will win proved they don't expect an easy win. I honestly believe that the only team that can beat Maryville right now is themselves (which they've almost done twice or so this year.)