Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

Before Maryville fans start saying there's no way for Sullivan South to win this game, keep in mind that they did thrash Morristown West a couple of weeks ago - the one team that's beaten Maryville in their last 113 games.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I believe most of those fellows from that Mo West team have probably graduated by now..what's your point?

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

my point is that my senior year i thought we were unstoppable because no one could stop our running game to save there lives, and maryville makes it look like childs play. they mess everything up. it was like all year we were running through walls made of cheap glass and then we ran into the wall of china.

they play flawless football, they play as a team, there really is no way to explain it until you play them. it really is unreal as transplant stated.

when we beat them we played a perfect game and just got down and dirty with them.

anyways, good luck south and good luck maryville. no one get hurt.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville eats your soul and kills your dreams. then they act like it wasnt a big deal.

lol, oh boy, i'm having flashbacks like i was in nam.

Kinda like South did to you guys!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Played for the south team that started this streak of consecutive playoff appearances from 2000-present... at that time coach carter was a secondary and wide receivers coach... with each passing year south has gotten just a little better... Maryville is a giant, powerhouse program with a winning tradition unparalled by any in recent memory in our state... I have much respect and admiration for the maryville program as im sure all of us do here in the south nation... at some point a giant must sleep, leaving a small window of opportunity open... South is more than a one man show, everyone knows about the talents of #10... but he doesnt get very far without the other 10 guys doin some dirty work... South will be huge underdogs, but you know what... all the pressure is on maryville, no one expects south to win... Play loose, play fast, play hard, play together... Streaks are meant to be broken, dominance cannot last forever... Strap it up and go to work boys, rebel nation will be there in blue and gray... Good luck to both sides, may all our boys be safe and injury free

Played for the south team that started this streak of consecutive playoff appearances from 2000-present... at that time coach carter was a secondary and wide receivers coach... with each passing year south has gotten just a little better... Maryville is a giant, powerhouse program with a winning tradition unparalled by any in recent memory in our state... I have much respect and admiration for the maryville program as im sure all of us do here in the south nation... at some point a giant must sleep, leaving a small window of opportunity open... South is more than a one man show, everyone knows about the talents of #10... but he doesnt get very far without the other 10 guys doin some dirty work... South will be huge underdogs, but you know what... all the pressure is on maryville, no one expects south to win... Play loose, play fast, play hard, play together... Streaks are meant to be broken, dominance cannot last forever... Strap it up and go to work boys, rebel nation will be there in blue and gray... Good luck to both sides, may all our boys be safe and injury free

Nice post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We hear it every week. "Maryville may have size/speed/talent, but our team has heart." We've heard that almost every week since a cold Saturday in November in 2003. SS May be good, but I don't see them coming close to knocking off the Rebs.

Rumor has it that Coach Carter, on the recording of his highlight show today is just gonna go ahead and forfeit the game to Maryville this Friday night. Yep, said his Rebels didn't stand a chance from what he had heard. Just gonna call it a season and be done with it. Said it just made sense because Maryville was so doggone good. Talked about how our QB (Phillips) coudn't throw a rock into the Patrick Henry Lake, and he was slower than molasses in winter time, looked like he runs in quicksand. Said the runningbacks (Fletch, Shanks) fold up like a dollar bill when the're hit. The line O & D was so soft their nickname was the Doughboys and I don't think that was a reference to WWI. The recievers(Martin,Johnson,K.K....) couldn't catch a football with a bushel basket. The defense gives up ground worse than France in ....well almost any war. So South should just move on, count their blessings, wait until next year, and just play teams in NET because they can at least have a chance to win a few. Whew! I was worried we might actually have to play Marryville. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Remember this SS Rebs:" Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and such affirmations that destiny can do nothing but obey."

You son are a disgrace to the great viking nation, you are also a spoiled lil brat. You lost to South back in week 10, and then in the first round you got embarassed by volunteer so get over it or just go to the basketball games! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And Rebs ease up on punkinhead, he is one true fan and he will be pulling for South, but just got a little caught up in all the Maryville numbers (those things can look a lil monumentous, but you still have to play the game).

This will be one awesome game, all those in attendance will be in for a treat no matter which team you root for!

I just want to pass along my congratulations to both schools for making it this far enjoy this guys it is a once in a lifetime experience! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WELL EXCUSE ME!!!! I NEVER DID SAY HOW AWESOME TENNESSEE HIGH WAS THIS YEAR OR ANYTHING! GAH...GET OVER IT GREYGHOST!

I just think you all are in for it. AND - No, you all are not us and it is not 2004.

HOWEVER, I have seen these (maryville) guys play and know for a fact you all are in for a beating. Sorry! Thats just how it is.

My example was -- THS had an exceptional team in '04, went undefeated, then went to maryville and got stomped. How many people actually thought we would have gotten beat that bad that year!

I agree with whoever said "Go down there with big hopes but be expecting the worst!!!!!"

WELL EXCUSE ME!!!! I NEVER DID SAY HOW AWESOME TENNESSEE HIGH WAS THIS YEAR OR ANYTHING! GAH...GET OVER IT GREYGHOST!

I just think you all are in for it. AND - No, you all are not us and it is not 2004.

HOWEVER, I have seen these (maryville) guys play and know for a fact you all are in for a beating. Sorry! Thats just how it is.

My example was -- THS had an exceptional team in '04, went undefeated, then went to maryville and got stomped. How many people actually thought we would have gotten beat that bad that year!

I agree with whoever said "Go down there with big hopes but be expecting the worst!!!!!"

First off if you knew how to read you would have seen that I didn't say that you were bragging about Tn. High, I said you were a disgrace to thier fan base I know alot of Tn. high fans and they wish South nothing but the best, as I am sure if the roles were reversed they would be supporting you guys. The Rebs have enough of an up hill battle to fight with out people like you(from thier own conference not giving them thier support). Look at couch and cap they continue to support the Rebs, I know that it is hard to pull for some one when they have beaten you recently, but that is where CLASS shows.

Secondly you must not have ever read any of my other post, I am an Indian fan through and through, but we were unable to slow down a extremly good rb(Sterling) from farragut and our road ended. But I wiil continue support any team from Region 1 that is in the playoffs, Hampton, South, and Bearden. I hope that all three bring home those "gold balls" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thirdly '04 was in the past nobody on either team is going to care what happen then, all these players are playing for the NOW.

Kinda like South did to you guys!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

not when i played. we spanked south! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> :

sophmore year 35-7, and senior year 48 to 20 up at death valley.

The Rebs have enough of an up hill battle to fight with out people like you(from thier own conference not giving them thier support). Look at couch and cap they continue to support the Rebs, I know that it is hard to pull for some one when they have beaten you recently, but that is where CLASS shows.

I wiil continue support any team from Region 1 that is in the playoffs, Hampton, South, and Bearden. I hope that all three bring home those "gold balls" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thirdly '04 was in the past nobody on either team is going to care what happen then, all these players are playing for the NOW.

Thanks Ghost! Some folks out there act like just cuz we're from Pactolus means we ain't got no smarts. We are all more than aware of Maryville's prowess. But what are we supposed to do, roll over and play dead? Not gonna happen! Our team will go down there and give them our very best game, and win or lose, we will leave with our heads held high. What we don't need is a bunch of people telling us how bad we're going to get whupped. We are well aware of the possibility. We just choose to ignore it and BELIEVE. If you choose not to, and you are not from Maryville, why don't you keep your negativity to yourself? We have no use for it! Thanks to all those from NET who do support us!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />