Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

First off nothing but respect from this South Rebel for the Maryville Rebels and for what they have accomplished over the years. I have never been to Maryville for a game but will be attending this Friday night; some help is needed. Since I know nothing about the Maryville HS campus, is the stadium located at the high school? Is there visitor side seating or does everyone sit on the same side? How early do you have to arrive to get a descent seat? Any help is appreciated.

I think I can answer some of these........ Yes the have visitors stands, and the field is located on the school campus. You can park across the street and walk right to it! You will need to get there about an hour early or better.

Maryville wins by 21

PS don't go near the 30yd line club on the home side...The smell of Garbiage will knock you down /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off nothing but respect from this South Rebel for the Maryville Rebels and for what they have accomplished over the years. I have never been to Maryville for a game but will be attending this Friday night; some help is needed. Since I know nothing about the Maryville HS campus, is the stadium located at the high school? Is there visitor side seating or does everyone sit on the same side? How early do you have to arrive to get a descent seat? Any help is appreciated.

Hey man..was it you I sat with at the Game last night?

Well 2 straight weeks in maryville for knoxrebel one ugly win and one beautiful win. keep rollin maryvile! as much as i would like to see someone beat maryville.....i just dont see it happening. West had the best chance so far and came up just short. continue to blow them out red rebels.....it just makes the west/maryville game look that much better lol

maryville 42

sullivan south 17

Yes the stadium is at the school,big visitors side with a lot of seating, last night Red Bank had it full but thats the first time i've seen that in the playoffs this year.get there by 6 you should have no trouble getting a seat. have a safe trip down.

Well 2 straight weeks in maryville for knoxrebel one ugly win and one beautiful win. keep rollin maryvile! as much as i would like to see someone beat maryville.....i just dont see it happening. West had the best chance so far and came up just short. continue to blow them out red rebels.....it just makes the west/maryville game look that much better lol

maryville 42

sullivan south 17

knoxrebel in the for what its worth dept. i had a guy turn to me last night and say it wouldn't have mattered who won last week Red Bank could not have stayed on the field with either of us (west or MHS) abd from this maryville fan he's right.

MARYVILLE REBEL BOYS----------KUDOS TO YOU ALL.

I HAVE NEVER ENJOYED A FOOTBALL GAME SO MUCH IN A LONG TIME,

AS I DID LAST NIGHT.

YOU GUYS CAME OUT AND SHOWED EVERYBODY WHO TALKED TRASH ABOUT YOU ALL

LAST WEEK ON THIS THING, THAT IT WAS YOUR FIELD AND YOUR NIGHT AND YOUR WIN.

CONGRATS.

BUT-------------DON'T STOP NOW. KEEP COMING OUT TO PLAY THE NEXT 2 GAMES THE

WAY YOU CAME OUT PLAYING LAST NIGHT AND YOU GUYS WILL CAKE WALK IT.

BUT YOU GOTTA KEEP THE HEART AND THE TUFF PLAYING LIKE LAST NIGHT.

THE COLD WEATHER IS HARD ON THESE OLD BONES BUT I WILL STICK IT OUT WITH YOU GUYS AGAIN NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK AFTER.

YOU KEEP WINNING AND I WILL BE THERE TO YELL YOU ON.

AGAIN, GREAT JOB.

NEXT WEEK------------------------------

MARYVILLE REBS---42

SOUTH REBS-------14 MAYBE 17 (THAT JUST DEPENDS ON IF JUSTIN S. WILL LET THE SOUTH HAVE THE 17 )

That Mo West team and this years version are a little different. Listen I've been saying for a while that this is the year that Maryville will get beat, but after what I just saw them do to Red Bank there's just no way. If they come out and play that way they will walk to a state title. I have seen South play once this year (against Mo West) and I watched Red Bank play Powell. Red Bank is better up front then South and they are a lot more athletic. Phillips isn't as good of a natural runner as the Sims kid (27) for Red Bank is and Maryville absolutely shut him down because they are gap sound and they fly to the football. The mercy rule will come in to effect at some point in this game.

Too bad we ain't got the "mercy" rule on this board! Or too bad this ain't Survivor so we could vote you OFF the island. Or wuz you ever ON the island? You need to get your flute fixed and practice.

I remember the last time Maryville faced a team from Northeast Tennessee with a great quarterback. In 1998 a loaded Maryville team struggled to beat Elizabethon because they had a great quarterback(Shawn Witten) who could throw and run. From what I hear Curt Phillips is amazing. Sullivan South has all of my respect. I expect a tough game next week.

Let me be the first to say Sir you have shown a tremendous amount of class, your team will be a heavy favorite to win, but you still give respect to your opponent. That is class, I know if you have a son playing that he to is a class act. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family( and if you have a son playing).

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Carter and his staff do a tremendous job and Sullivan South has a great team this year. Phillips is certainly a GREAT High School player (Coach Cut might want to re-evaluate offering that kid!). However, Sullivan South is getting ready to experience something they have never experienced before.......

Love them or hate them. Maryville is unbelievable! I have never seen anything like it at a public High School.