Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said all along it will be South and Maryville, and I have also said that South would not have much of a chance. I have changed my mind about South not having a chance. South will show up ready to play and Kurt Phillips will step out of a phone booth with an S on his chest. He is a beast, a machine, and I promise you Maryville will have some guys on Defense that will have a tough time sleeping this week after they see him on film. Maryville is a great program and the 2007 team is a fine football team, but you will not stop Mr. Phillips. I know everyone in Maryville remebers the dismantling of Tennessee High, but Tennessee High did not have one of the best QB's in the nation nor did they have Coach Carter and company. The best I recall Tennessee High had only one player on the 2004 team play college ball. Bottom line, be ready Maryville cause your gonna get Phillips to the left , Phillips to the right, Phillips up the gut. My question is can the South Defense slow down Maryville it may not matter. I liked the smile on Phillips face Friday night when he said "I'm looking forward to Maryville" So why not shock East TN, no the State, no the nation..... South 31 Maryville 27

Good Luck to Both

Looking forward to the trip next Friday night, never been to Maryville!!! I will bet $10,000 to anyone that the REBELS win!!

Good Luck to both sides, but of course I hope for more luck to my South REBELS!!!

Plan on leaving around 3 or so from kingsport.

Will be looking for a bite of supper, any suggestion on good restaurants in the area of the school, remember I have never been there before so go easy on me y'all. LOL

Maryville your rep speaks for itself! so how do you be the best, well you take on the best and South is ready and anxious to play the best in the state, and that has been proven over the past several years! Very much looking forward to this next challenge!!

Good Luck and will see you all next week!!

JDRebel

Hey JDReb,

StarsnBArs has recommended some fine eatin esatblishments in Mairvul as he so appropriately calls it and he even recommended a motel for mama and me so you might look at some more threads where he posts or ask him on here. He seems to have some good info. I done told 83Rebel to go get him some hot pockets daggone it I mean hot hands and some of that high dollar underarmor stuff and he's set for the game. It's gonna be a goodn for sure. Liked your humor about a "rebel" winnin it. Yeah, since ain't nobody playin 'cept the Rebels. You are one sharpe tool in the shed thar. Hope you and yours had a great Turkey Day and are ready for some football. I hear Bochepus a singin it now!!!!

I have said all along it will be South and Maryville, and I have also said that South would not have much of a chance. I have changed my mind about South not having a chance. South will show up ready to play and Kurt Phillips will step out of a phone booth with an S on his chest. He is a beast, a machine, and I promise you Maryville will have some guys on Defense that will have a tough time sleeping this week after they see him on film. Maryville is a great program and the 2007 team is a fine football team, but you will not stop Mr. Phillips. I know everyone in Maryville remebers the dismantling of Tennessee High, but Tennessee High did not have one of the best QB's in the nation nor did they have Coach Carter and company. The best I recall Tennessee High had only one player on the 2004 team play college ball. Bottom line, be ready Maryville cause your gonna get Phillips to the left , Phillips to the right, Phillips up the gut. My question is can the South Defense slow down Maryville it may not matter. I liked the smile on Phillips face Friday night when he said "I'm looking forward to Maryville" So why not shock East TN, no the State, no the nation..... South 31 Maryville 27

Good Luck to Both

Mabey we can count sheep!

Come on buddy, if you've got doubts about your team you're better off not supporting them in the first place...you need to reconsider who you're pulling for and stop being so spineless...yea it's maryville, yea they're good but by golly we are Sullivan South and if that aint enough to get you fired up about this game then maybe I should remind you that we are pretty dang good ourselves. There are 4 teams left in this thing and you know how we got there? The #1 quarterback in the state, a fine bunch of FAST receivers and a running back that'll knock the crap out of you and then keep running, seriously how many times was the play called dead last night because 3 or 4 guys were on Fletcher and couldn't get him to go down. And I don't know if I've ever seen the trenches so alive with hit after hit right in your face from both sides of the line. If I was in a down right all out brawl I would bring the best and the best are the O and D linemen working there butts off getting the wheels turning making plays to open up victories on both sides of the ball. Oh and by the way our defense is pretty stout and coached by the best defensive coach around, if Haynie hadn't made some genious defensive adjustments on defense he has the past couple weeks it might have been hard to win shootouts against Moeast & West or Greeneville. Everyone is already saying little ole south going up against mighty Maryville but granted that Maryville is mighty they've built a program there but if you haven't noticed Stacy Carter & Co. is in the process of building a mighty Sullivan South here in Kingsport (hence 3 MLC Championships in a row). And how do you take building a dynasty like Maryville's to the next level? You beat Maryville. You don't go to their place with your tail tucked between your legs hoping to keep it close. You go in there hit them in the mouth and let them know that we mean business and we aren't gonna let down until we are Mighty Sullivan South and all roads end in the Valley. No disrespect to Maryville because I think that everyone in Tennessee can say that Maryville deserves a huge amount of respect for what they have done but the moment you let them beat you mentally you're beat physically also. So if the moment you found out we were playing Maryville last night you thought we were gonna lose, don't bother showing up to the game on Friday because I can guarantee you 16,10,15,5,35,11,7..etc. etc. have one thing on there minds and that is beating Maryville and playing for a State Championship. Good Greif

Amen! Rebel Nation

Good Luck to Both

HAHAHA!! Keep dreaming! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hmm, I've wanted to see Maryville play for a long time, now I get to see them maybe (most likely) beat my Rebels.

Should be interesting, I know most people will think I'm dumb for saying this, but I hope it's a close game.

Maryville Rebels--42

South Rebels--35

Go South!! Rebel Nation!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Hey! Squash for brains get the seeds out! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> South will go into this thing focused and do their best. As fans it is our job to support that effort. Get with the program!

Rebel Nation all the way!!!!

Good Luck to Both

This stuff looks very familiar /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Before Maryville fans start saying there's no way for Sullivan South to win this game, keep in mind that they did thrash Morristown West a couple of weeks ago - the one team that's beaten Maryville in their last 113 games.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I believe most of those fellows from that Mo West team have probably graduated by now..what's your point?

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

HAHAHA!! Keep dreaming! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You son are a disgrace to the great viking nation, you are also a spoiled lil brat. You lost to South back in week 10, and then in the first round you got embarassed by volunteer so get over it or just go to the basketball games! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And Rebs ease up on punkinhead, he is one true fan and he will be pulling for South, but just got a little caught up in all the Maryville numbers (those things can look a lil monumentous, but you still have to play the game).

This will be one awesome game, all those in attendance will be in for a treat no matter which team you root for!

I just want to pass along my congratulations to both schools for making it this far enjoy this guys it is a once in a lifetime experience! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to South for an outstanding year so far and us folks over here in Church Hill are rooting for you all the way. Play your game and dont get caught up in all their hype! They put on their football uniforms the same way you boys do there's nothin special about any of them. Good Luck Friday night and I hope for an injury free game for all these fine young men playing in this GAME.