Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

Let me be the first to say Sir you have shown a tremendous amount of class, your team will be a heavy favorite to win, but you still give respect to your opponent. That is class, I know if you have a son playing that he to is a class act. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family( and if you have a son playing).

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GrayGhost, Rebelron has sons playin', we jest don't know how many!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Carter and his staff do a tremendous job and Sullivan South has a great team this year. Phillips is certainly a GREAT High School player (Coach Cut might want to re-evaluate offering that kid!). However, Sullivan South is getting ready to experience something they have never experienced before.......

Love them or hate them. Maryville is unbelievable! I have never seen anything like it at a public High School.

Its called FOOTBALL CULTURE SHOCK

But hey just step in the ring and start swinging and don,t stop till the final whistle! You never know somthin good might happen /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off nothing but respect from this South Rebel for the Maryville Rebels and for what they have accomplished over the years. I have never been to Maryville for a game but will be attending this Friday night; some help is needed. Since I know nothing about the Maryville HS campus, is the stadium located at the high school? Is there visitor side seating or does everyone sit on the same side? How early do you have to arrive to get a descent seat? Any help is appreciated.

You are in for a treat.....I went to the Maryville-Tennessee High semi-final game a few years back when I was living in Chattanooga and that place was rocking...Maryville mauled the Vikings that night....

Looking forward to the trip next Friday night, never been to Maryville!!! I will bet $10,000 to anyone that the REBELS win!!

Good Luck to both sides, but of course I hope for more luck to my South REBELS!!!

Plan on leaving around 3 or so from kingsport.

Will be looking for a bite of supper, any suggestion on good restaurants in the area of the school, remember I have never been there before so go easy on me y'all. LOL

Maryville your rep speaks for itself! so how do you be the best, well you take on the best and South is ready and anxious to play the best in the state, and that has been proven over the past several years! Very much looking forward to this next challenge!!

Good Luck and will see you all next week!!

JDRebel

Coach Carter and his staff do a tremendous job and Sullivan South has a great team this year. Phillips is certainly a GREAT High School player (Coach Cut might want to re-evaluate offering that kid!). However, Sullivan South is getting ready to experience something they have never experienced before.......

Love them or hate them. Maryville is unbelievable! I have never seen anything like it at a public High School.

Coach Cut don't want a dual threat QB in Tenn look where the last one went transfered out and when to ol miss but if you think the last good dual threat before that won them a national title. So i think your right he should look once again but i believe Curt is set and ready to signing the final dotted line to Wis. Good luck to the south rebels got to pull for them seeings is how my roommate is a former rebel and NET.

-Ed Smith

that coming from a TN High fan that got man handled by Maryville! South will play Maryville much closer than TN High did. Forget about it. Don't wish for a similare South defeat just because TN High could not stay on the field. I will bet $100 that South plays much closer then TN High did.

I wouldn't be surprised if the score is closer than 49-0. If you look back over the past 3 years, Maryville has only had one game where they won by a larger margin - and that was against a 2-8 South Doyle 55-0 in 2005. But don't think for one second that they havn't had other opportunities to hang similar or worse scores on an opponent. Last year for example, they were beating an undefeated Mo' West team 37-0 at halftime. Mo' West practically steamrolled their way into the Semifinals last year. The score next week will be as close as Maryville allows. GQ will want to keep the game close in preparation for their matchup against Maplewood or Henry County.

I'm not wishing for a similar defeat; I hope that one of the three Region 1 teams (Hampton, Bearden, South) can get over the hump and make it to Murfreesboro.

Hmm, I've wanted to see Maryville play for a long time, now I get to see them maybe (most likely) beat my Rebels.

Should be interesting, I know most people will think I'm dumb for saying this, but I hope it's a close game.

Maryville Rebels--42

South Rebels--35

Go South!! Rebel Nation!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Come on buddy, if you've got doubts about your team you're better off not supporting them in the first place...you need to reconsider who you're pulling for and stop being so spineless...yea it's maryville, yea they're good but by golly we are Sullivan South and if that aint enough to get you fired up about this game then maybe I should remind you that we are pretty dang good ourselves. There are 4 teams left in this thing and you know how we got there? The #1 quarterback in the state, a fine bunch of FAST receivers and a running back that'll knock the crap out of you and then keep running, seriously how many times was the play called dead last night because 3 or 4 guys were on Fletcher and couldn't get him to go down. And I don't know if I've ever seen the trenches so alive with hit after hit right in your face from both sides of the line. If I was in a down right all out brawl I would bring the best and the best are the O and D linemen working there butts off getting the wheels turning making plays to open up victories on both sides of the ball. Oh and by the way our defense is pretty stout and coached by the best defensive coach around, if Haynie hadn't made some genious defensive adjustments on defense he has the past couple weeks it might have been hard to win shootouts against Moeast & West or Greeneville. Everyone is already saying little ole south going up against mighty Maryville but granted that Maryville is mighty they've built a program there but if you haven't noticed Stacy Carter & Co. is in the process of building a mighty Sullivan South here in Kingsport (hence 3 MLC Championships in a row). And how do you take building a dynasty like Maryville's to the next level? You beat Maryville. You don't go to their place with your tail tucked between your legs hoping to keep it close. You go in there hit them in the mouth and let them know that we mean business and we aren't gonna let down until we are Mighty Sullivan South and all roads end in the Valley. No disrespect to Maryville because I think that everyone in Tennessee can say that Maryville deserves a huge amount of respect for what they have done but the moment you let them beat you mentally you're beat physically also. So if the moment you found out we were playing Maryville last night you thought we were gonna lose, don't bother showing up to the game on Friday because I can guarantee you 16,10,15,5,35,11,7..etc. etc. have one thing on there minds and that is beating Maryville and playing for a State Championship. Good Greif

Come on buddy, if you've got doubts about your team you're better off not supporting them in the first place...you need to reconsider who you're pulling for and stop being so spineless...yea it's maryville, yea they're good but by golly we are Sullivan South and if that aint enough to get you fired up about this game then maybe I should remind you that we are pretty dang good ourselves. There are 4 teams left in this thing and you know how we got there? The #1 quarterback in the state, a fine bunch of FAST receivers and a running back that'll knock the crap out of you and then keep running, seriously how many times was the play called dead last night because 3 or 4 guys were on Fletcher and couldn't get him to go down. And I don't know if I've ever seen the trenches so alive with hit after hit right in your face from both sides of the line. If I was in a down right all out brawl I would bring the best and the best are the O and D linemen working there butts off getting the wheels turning making plays to open up victories on both sides of the ball. Oh and by the way our defense is pretty stout and coached by the best defensive coach around, if Haynie hadn't made some genious defensive adjustments on defense he has the past couple weeks it might have been hard to win shootouts against Moeast & West or Greeneville. Everyone is already saying little ole south going up against mighty Maryville but granted that Maryville is mighty they've built a program there but if you haven't noticed Stacy Carter & Co. is in the process of building a mighty Sullivan South here in Kingsport (hence 3 MLC Championships in a row). And how do you take building a dynasty like Maryville's to the next level? You beat Maryville. You don't go to their place with your tail tucked between your legs hoping to keep it close. You go in there hit them in the mouth and let them know that we mean business and we aren't gonna let down until we are Mighty Sullivan South and all roads end in the Valley. No disrespect to Maryville because I think that everyone in Tennessee can say that Maryville deserves a huge amount of respect for what they have done but the moment you let them beat you mentally you're beat physically also. So if the moment you found out we were playing Maryville last night you thought we were gonna lose, don't bother showing up to the game on Friday because I can guarantee you 16,10,15,5,35,11,7..etc. etc. have one thing on there minds and that is beating Maryville and playing for a State Championship. Good Greif

Maryville respect's South and we welcome them to the BLACK HOLE!!!