Tennessee All Star Classic

Golfendude

EAST wins 26-6 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

proud of all 10 Rutherford County guys, also excited to see some of the talent across the rest of the state.

That's Right! Go East! I Said That The East Would Dominate. Didn't ever really seem close. Wilks had a long catch in the first half and a few in the 2nd but that's all i really remember. Cobb from Alcoa looked amazing out there at QB. Great arm, accurate, and great speed. Heard he's going to Kentucky, hate for all that talent to go outta state. Sterling earned player of the game, and that Marshall kid had one heck of a run in the first half for a long TD. Other than a few timing problems for kicker mike hammons, he showed off his leg, and has one heck of a hang time that caused a fumble in the second half. The east came out hitting too, even Cobb laid out a huge block for Wilks! Overall a great game by the east!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was also thinking the same thing about the spear.. but then thinking about it, if he were at riverdale his stats would have stunk cause riverdale never passes the ball, EVER.. and that play was not pass interference (atleast in my opinion).. the east did dominate though with both Spurlock and Rod both having pancake blocks

i agree with you i didnt think that it was pass interference neither, when they showed it on replay it doesnt even look like rod ever touches the guy looked like he fell down on his own

HOW DID STERLING GET THE MVP HONOR OVER THE MARSHELL KID?HOW DID STERLING GET THE MVP HONOR OVER THE MARSHELL KID?

He did not. Cobb, QB Alcoa was MVP. Sterling had a nice reception on a screen pass (35 yds or so), and a decent run that was called back on a holding call. He was bottled up. Kid from Ooltowa was imprressive all week in practice, maybe 140 or so today. Explosive, tough to bring down. He should have been the MVP for the East on Offense. QB from CPA was the offensive MVP for the West. Threw some nice balls, under a lot of pressure. West Defensive MVP was the Consigliaro (Sp? Sorry) out of Independence. Can't remember who the defensive MVP of the East was. Hightower played well at DE, Vic Smith from Fulton at DB, played very well. Tait from Catholic had some big hits @ MLB, #60, DT from siegel has unlimmited potential. The OL for the West played well, particularly, McLeroy, Spurlock, and Chambers. Johnathan Sharpe TE/DE out of AC played well, particularly on special teams. Great to see ll tehat talent. Thanks to all those involved.

ruse?

He did not. Cobb, QB Alcoa was MVP. Sterling had a nice reception on a screen pass (35 yds or so), and a decent run that was called back on a holding call. He was bottled up. Kid from Ooltowa was imprressive all week in practice, maybe 140 or so today. Explosive, tough to bring down. He should have been the MVP for the East on Offense. QB from CPA was the offensive MVP for the West. Threw some nice balls, under a lot of pressure. West Defensive MVP was the Consigliaro (Sp? Sorry) out of Independence. Can't remember who the defensive MVP of the East was. Hightower played well at DE, Vic Smith from Fulton at DB, played very well. Tait from Catholic had some big hits @ MLB, #60, DT from siegel has unlimmited potential. The OL for the West played well, particularly, McLeroy, Spurlock, and Chambers. Johnathan Sharpe TE/DE out of AC played well, particularly on special teams. Great to see ll tehat talent. Thanks to all those involved.

ruse?

Just returned from game. East squad was very dominant, but the West was willing. Outstanding concept for high school football in the state of Tennessee. Good luck to future endeavors for all the participants.

Andre Sterling was the Toyota Player of The Game for the East although Brian Marshall ran very well too and Works added a touchdown as well. The East just looked like the better team out there today and there defense was dominant.

SOUNDS LIKE THE FARRGUT ARE STILL TRYING 2 GET STERLING A AWARD.HE DIDNT WIN 5A BACK OF THE YEAR OR MVP OF TODAYS EAST WEST GAME.

SOUNDS LIKE THE FARRGUT ARE STILL TRYING 2 GET STERLING A AWARD.HE DIDNT WIN 5A BACK OF THE YEAR OR MVP OF TODAYS EAST WEST GAME.

The announcers on TV did say Sterling was the "Toyota Offensive MVP." I do think that the Marshall kid may have had better numbers (and wow, what a run!)...both ran the ball well, with great cuts and power.

Vic and Hump did great jobs for the East. Falcon fans are very proud of those two exceptional players, and more importantly exceptional people!!!

Thanks for bringing some measure of reality to all of this. Personal opinion is one thing... reality is another!

Facts:

Randall Cobb - Alcoa - East Offensive MVP

Brian Marshall - Ooltewah - 7 carries for 92 yards.

Andre Sterling - Farragut - 9 carries for 26 yards.

the commentators during the game picked sterling to be MVP for the east. that wasnt the official pick of the people from toyota and others who decide on that. i think marshall probably should have been mentioned then too cause he had a couple of highlight runs where he bounced off defenders. sterling still had a nice game though, there was a 20 yard run called back because of holding and he had a 36 yard grab on the first third down of the game. cobb, marshall, and sterling were all deserving. i liked how the coaches on both sides tried to get all the players involved. i think all backs and receivers had atleast 1 opportunity for the ball to come their way. i can empathize with the kickers' performance today because its hard to work with a new holder and snapper on short notice. congrats to all players who participated in today's game /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />