The RAT Plan

riverrat

You are correct...my friend. Boyd would have the same problem. I guess the only way to counter that would be to have a lot of local non-region games. Of course...that would be dependent on the number of region games.

South Pitt has had to go to Copper Hill every other year for over 20 years to play Copper Basin. Charleston was in their region before the school was closed. South Pittsburg pounded Boyd this year and the multiplier was a moot point for this year. We like to pound them regardless if they are 1a or 2a and have been doing that since 1977. The church schools are kind of interesting from a hypothetical recruiting stand point. I would expect them to "Recruit" students from families from their respective denominations. I wouldn't expected to see baptist players on a catholic team or church of christ players on a baptist team. If so, those would be obvious red flags. The problem is its "illegal" for those criteria to be evaluated.

I really didn't like it when the split was implemented. I am from a public school backgound. I do think that schools like Brentwood Academy, McCallie and Baylor belong in 5a in the current system. But give me a break on Kings Academy (formerly Harrison-Chilhowee) St. Andrews-Sewanee and a few others being in Division II. It probably helped them be competitive by moving them out of DI where those schools never had a winning record. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe putting the privates in regions under the Z system where they compete against each other for playoff spots is the way to go. There could be a private regions possibly two in A, AA, and AAA and split out for the playoffs just like the publics.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pitt has had to go to Copper Hill every other year for over 20 years to play Copper Basin.

That`s only one region/district opponent. When I mentioned USJ under the RAT plan, they would have not one region or district opponent within an hour`s drive. If it was one or two opponents then it might not be so bad. But when you start considering all the sports they play and and all of them having to make numerous trips to Memphis just to play district games in each sport and then think of all the travel time spent then that`s a little too much IMO. Plus it takes away a whole lot of study time being on the road so much.

That`s only one region/district opponent. When I mentioned USJ under the RAT plan, they would have not one region or district opponent within an hour`s drive. If it was one or two opponents then it might not be so bad. But when you start considering all the sports they play and and all of them having to make numerous trips to Memphis just to play district games in each sport and then think of all the travel time spent then that`s a little too much IMO. Plus it takes away a whole lot of study time being on the road so much.

Look at USJ's current schedule. Trinity...Harding...JCS and potentially...Briarcrest could all be region games. If they had a 5 team region...that could be all but one of their region games. Their schedule would not change much.

at Trinity Christian

Humboldt

Harding Academy

Dresden

at Briarcrest Christian

Milan

at Westview

Jackson Christian

at Gibson Co.

Peabody

Look at USJ's current schedule. Trinity...Harding...JCS and potentially...Briarcrest could all be region games. If they had a 5 team region...that could be all but one of their region games. Their schedule would not change much.

at Trinity Christian

Humboldt

Harding Academy

Dresden

at Briarcrest Christian

Milan

at Westview

Jackson Christian

at Gibson Co.

Peabody

I was going by what was originally posted in the plan. The region games that you have listed on that schedule are as follows..

Humboldt 20 minutes away

JCS 5 minutes away

Gibson County 25 minutes away

Peabody 30 minutes away

Westview 1 hour away

Dresden 1 hour away

Besides, those are football games. I`m also talking about other sports as well. Football is played on Friday nights whereas basketball, baseball, track, cross country, tennis, volleyball, etc...are typically played during the week. Here is the division they would be in according to the RAT plan.

DIVISION II-AA

Christ Presbyterian Academy 310

Boyd Buchanan High School 347

Battle Ground Academy 356

Goodpasture Christian School 360

Ensworth 370

Christian Academy of Knoxville 373

University School of Jackson 378

Harding Academy 396

Memphis University School* 431

Brentwood Academy 446

Montgomery Bell Academy* 462

Webb School of Knoxville 488

Evangelical Christian School 515

David Lipscomb High School 526

Knoxville Catholic High School 548

Notre Dame High School 561

Briarcrest Christian School 612

Pope John Paul II High School 651

Baylor School 748

St. Benedict at Auburndale 776

Father Ryan High School 926

McCallie School* 1250

Christian Brothers High School* 1700

You can look and see who they would be in the same district with.

USJ 378

Harding 396

MUS 431

ECS 515

Briarcrest 612

St. Benedict 776

CBHS 850

All of these schools are at least an hour away. That is a whole lot different than what they have now.

I was going by what was originally posted in the plan. The region games that you have listed on that schedule are as follows..

Humboldt 20 minutes away

JCS 5 minutes away

Peabody 30 minutes away

Westview 1 hour away

Dresden 1 hour away

Besides, those are football games. I`m also talking about other sports as well. Football is played on Friday nights whereas basketball, baseball, track, cross country, tennis, volleyball, etc...are typically played during the week. Here is the division they would be in according to the RAT plan.

DIVISION II-AA

Ensworth 370

Harding Academy 396

Brentwood Academy 446

Baylor School 748

McCallie School* 1250

USJ 378

Harding 396

MUS 431

ECS 515

Briarcrest 612

St. Benedict 776

CBHS 850

All of these schools are at least an hour away. That is a whole lot different than what they have now.

VG, Many schools that are serious about their programs are already traveling those miles to play games. Many Chatt. teams both private and public are playing teams from Knox. and Nashville and with return games, on an ongoing bases in All Sports.... Rats plan never said that you couldn't play those more local teams.

Sorry but IMO Rats plan has merit

Humboldt 20 minutes away

JCS 5 minutes away

Peabody 30 minutes away

Westview 1 hour away

Dresden 1 hour away

DIVISION II-AA

Ensworth 370

Harding Academy 396

Brentwood Academy 446

Baylor School 748

McCallie School* 1250

USJ 378

Harding 396

MUS 431

ECS 515

Briarcrest 612

St. Benedict 776

CBHS 850

I do think aid and non-aid schools should be in separate classes. I don't think the size of the school makes much difference in aid schools.

VG, Many schools that are serious about their programs are already traveling those miles to play games. Many Chatt. teams both private and public are playing teams from Knox. and Nashville and with return games, on an ongoing bases in All Sports.... Rats plan never said that you couldn't play those more local teams.

Sorry but IMO Rats plan has merit

The more away teams you play the more it costs. Privates have to pay all those costs. While it wouldn't be bad for us as there are a lot of privates in our area, JCS would definitely suffer financially, as would many others.

The more away teams you play the more it costs. Privates have to pay all those costs. While it wouldn't be bad for us as there are a lot of privates in our area, JCS would definitely suffer financially, as would many others.

BC, I honestly don't know how other public schools handle their travel cost , but in Hamilton Co. (Chatt. area) travel cost are incurred by the booster clubs (which is Football, Band) for lesser "minor" sports, travel is handled by parents (carpools) driving their own child to the games.

Yet, we still mange to to play those long distant games and look forward to them, even on week nights.

Not trying to be a smart donkey, but isn't JCS already playing those teams that would be in their new distict anyway?