Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about your past experiences a-town! It'd be nice if we all were to talk respectfully about football and the guys who put it on the line each week, without all this emotion and disrespect. No need for it. Its a game, its an adventure for each of them. They deserve the respect of the "talkers" on each side. Not a "you're nothing but trash" attitude. Neither you nor I, nor the rest of us should belittle the other. Cuz if it gets too much "Coach" will shut it down - then we won't get to share our intellect. Come on, let's ALL do it right this time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not on here belittling anyone, I am just stating the way I feel about a particular program and school. I have no ill will towards any of the players, I am just stating how that I believe that Alcoa is on another level and it is EXTREMELY satisfying to see us put them out every year. I wouldn't mind to see us beat them every year in the finals for the next ten years. There is a little trash talk but it is all in good fun. I don't wish any ill will towards the families and fans of GP either. I am once again stating that it satisfies me to get to dominate them every year. I hope that you can understand. It is the same way if you are a die hard fan for Tennessee, you would love nothing more to beat Florida every year and dominate them while doing so. You do not feel sorry for the fans or the players because your team won. I dont think describing highschool football as an adventure is good terminology. I would guess that you didn't play competitive football growing up but I could be wrong because in sports there is trash talk, rivalries, and hard feelings between players and programs. So I do not think that you should get so emotional about it and just join in on the fun. Go Alcoa and there will be some dominating done on Friday by the Tornadoes. Alcoa by 28

Well why don't you tell Thompson to be a team player and split his ACT scores with some of his teammates so everyone will atleast have a 8. Amazing how man college prospects Alcoa's had over the years and how many are actually playing college football. I guess academics isn't a top priority over there, huh?

Hmm...here's a list of Alcoa alum playing college football:

'04- Brandon Brewer- Maryville College

'06- Brandon Warren- Florida St. (will be playing for UT next year)

'06- Dustin Lindsey- Coffeyville CC (committed to UT, but getting looked at by Clemson, Oklahoma, UCLA, and Va. Tech to name a few, and will be playing at one of these universities next year)

'06- Joei Fiegler- GA Military Academy (transferred from UT-C, having a great year as the starting QB for the #4 team in the NJCAA, also leads the nation in punting, and could easily do so at the D-1 level)

'06- Martin White- Austin-Peay

'06- Logan Love- Tennessee (walk-on)

'07- Kyrus Lanxter- Kentucky

'07- Rae Sykes- Coffeyville CC (redshirting this year, but will be playing for UT in 2 years)

'07- Chris Shiverdecker- Carson-Newman

'07- Darrell Tate- Maryville College

'07- Corey Brewer- Maryville College

Having eleven players currently playing college football is just terrible isn't it? Get your facts straight next time you try to find another reason to find excuses to say our program is doing something bad, besides probably beating your team.

Well why don't you tell Thompson to be a team player and split his ACT scores with some of his teammates so everyone will atleast have a 8. Amazing how man college prospects Alcoa's had over the years and how many are actually playing college football. I guess academics isn't a top priority over there, huh?

As far as academics are concerned Alcoa is one of the top schools in the state. If you can afford the subscription you might want to check it out for your self:

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USthreeRsphp/S...CountyID_0.html

Great job Cougars, Great job Tornadoes.

I am really looking forward to watching this contest.

Both teams end up in the same place they finished last season.

This Cougar team will not brag, trash talk or try to show off, they

will simply show up Friday night and play rock'em, sock'em football

for 4 quarters of football and may the best team win in the end.

Hopefully with a Cougar victory! Good Luck to both teams and I

hope no players on either side get hurt.

Go Cougars!