Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

How does Maryville get all the talent up there?? Someone told me kids can pay extra to the school of their choice?? Is that true??

I saw Maryville and Alcoa last year at state. I can guarantee you Maryville doesn't recruit. They are basically avg. players with a few good ones mixed in but they execute almost to perfection.

Alcoa is the opposite as they are loaded with athletes. I can't figure that part out since Alcoa has around 800 fewer students than Maryville. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has home grown talent and superior coaching, as does Alcoa. Not sure about the "pay extra" part of your question. Both schools accept tuition under guidelines such as grades etc. but neither recruits if thats waht your hinting at (You may not be but many others do so don't take offense if you aren't)

Not hinting at recruiting by any means, both schools have great administrations and coaching staffs along with being very community oriented so im sure that has quite a bit to do with it, im sure Alcoa's stands were packed against DCA, I was embarassed by the turnout at the Goodpasture game last Friday, especially the student section, Peabody had more fans there which is sad....

I saw Maryville and Alcoa last year at state. I can guarantee you Maryville doesn't recruit. They are basically avg. players with a few good ones mixed in but they execute almost to perfection.

Alcoa is the opposite as they are loaded with athletes. I can't figure that part out since Alcoa has around 800 fewer students than Maryville. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Alcoa population is only around 15-20 thousand people, im going off the last 2000 census info...so that does seem odd they have more athletes.......discipline, fundamentals, and execution are the keys to success at any high school program, Maryville is the benchmark for excellence in those departments

GP fan here, ive seen the Cougars play 3 of their 4 playoff games and Im quite impressed with their speed this year, I dont think it will be enough to get by Alcoa they just have too much talent in my opinion. I will say this though, if Martin keeps getting the type of skill position players he has been getting the last two years and upgrades the defensive staff maybe we can close the gap sooner than later GP fans, after all we werent supposed to be in the Boro this year!!

Too bad for Alcoa fans you will always be in Maryville's shadow in East Tennessee, maybe one of these years you can beat the Rebs and talk all your trash to them !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

From all of the pre-season propaganda Alcoa was not suppose to be in the Boro this year...

Being in Maryville's shadow (3 time 4A champs) is too bad for Alcoa (3 time 2A champs)? We love it when East TN (Blount Co. especially) brings the Gold balls back home. BTW Maryville swept this year's 4A Mr. Football awards.

This will be another long night for Goodpasture. I haven't seen them play personally, but I know DCA beat them and I watched the Alcoa/DCA game yesterday on TV replay. DCA struggled to even get a 1st down the entire game against the Tornadoes and I really felt sorry for DCA. It was really a "men among boys" type game. They mentioned in that game that DCA had beat Goodpasture in week 8 (fairly late in the season) and now I'm finding out on here that it was 28-7 at one point. WOW. Whether or not GP was "sleeping" or not, if the DCA team I watched on TV is the same team that beat GP, and that's ANY indication whatsoever, then Alcoa will once again have a cakewalk in Murfreesboro.

This will be another long night for Goodpasture. I haven't seen them play personally, but I know DCA beat them and I watched the Alcoa/DCA game yesterday on TV replay. DCA struggled to even get a 1st down the entire game against the Tornadoes and I really felt sorry for DCA. It was really a "men among boys" type game. They mentioned in that game that DCA had beat Goodpasture in week 8 (fairly late in the season) and now I'm finding out on here that it was 28-7 at one point. WOW. Whether or not GP was "sleeping" or not, if the DCA team I watched on TV is the same team that beat GP, and that's ANY indication whatsoever, then Alcoa will once again have a cakewalk in Murfreesboro.

Road 2 3 I did go to the DCA Goodpasture game @ DCA. They dominated the first half was up 28-7 . I dont think Alcoa has anything to worry about. If i was them I wouldn't even practice this week. Total blowout. If I hadn't seen a team play then i also would look at their only flaw of the season and base their ability on that game. That is being an excellent observer, going to remember that in the future

Road 2 3 I did go to the DCA Goodpasture game @ DCA. They dominated the first half was up 28-7 . I dont think Alcoa has anything to worry about. If i was them I wouldn't even practice this week. Total blowout. If I hadn't seen a team play then i also would look at their only flaw of the season and base their ability on that game. That is being an excellent observer, going to remember that in the future

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The big money in the T$$AA got what they wanted with the new playoff format. They got their two shots at Alcoa by two of their 3 Nashville privates. But as everyone has known all year, it's not enough to matter. In reality, unless you're an Alcoa fan...because Goodpasture has none, it's sad when every year the same "open zoned" team from east tn gets to play the same private school from middle tn. Is that the level playing field that the T$$AA says they're trying to create? I hope both teams do well in the off-season on those recruiting trails... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .