Smyrna vs. Independence

I saw some Independence players at the awards deal today I didn't see a real preppy in the bunch ( that is always the perception if you are from anywhere in Williamson county) as a matter of fact peddigrew looked like he would be right at home riding to the game on Smyrnas bus ( that is a compliment by the way).

what type dbs does Independence have? any shut down corners that can go one on one with Rod?

going from millington and the wing t to smyrnas spread run then throw will certainly a change up.

It may be a change from last week, but Indy has faced a lot of spread this year in 6-5A, the transition shouldn't be too terrible.

As for shut down corners that could go one on one with Rod... well, are there any shut down corners right now in 5A that could go one on one with him? The guy is a freak.

Like the comment about Pettigrew, I would say that your perception holds true for most of Northern Wilco, not as much middle Williamson, or the southern part.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some Independence players at the awards deal today I didn't see a real preppy in the bunch ( that is always the perception if you are from anywhere in Williamson county) as a matter of fact peddigrew looked like he would be right at home riding to the game on Smyrnas bus ( that is a compliment by the way).

what type dbs does Independence have? any shut down corners that can go one on one with Rod?

going from millington and the wing t to smyrnas spread run then throw will certainly a change up.

Isaac Baugh (27) is our best corner, i don't think he will "shut him down" (i dont think anyone can) but he wont allow much, and the throws will have to be PERFECT (i know sonny can do that but i mean PERFECT) to get it in.

Now that is a good one....INDY ..a preppy group.......man INDY is out in the "country"

Indy by 3

Now that is a good one....INDY ..a preppy group.......man INDY is out in the "country"

Indy by 3

I know that but others presume williamson county is all brentwood most dont realize Williamson has some rural areas especially south Williamson.

Someone noted earlier this could be nissan vs saturn ------------------ well it s not its Indy vs Smyrna. Nissan did not contribute a dime to Smyrna football.

I should get some film today on Indy so I will have a lot better idea of what we are facing tommorrow.

The only place to at least see some Smyrna on film is at www.storkmontgomery.com

I predict a Smyrna victory for a few reasons:

Experience. The Bulldogs have been on this stage before. The second reason is one that some might not think of: I think Smyrna will play expecting to win this game, feeling like they deserve to be playing in this game. Independence might keep it close for a little bit, but does not have any playoff experience prior to this year. Granted, Ravenwood was in the same situation a few years ago and won. It would be unfair to compare the two. Ravenwood had great athletes on that team.

Smyrna 28-10

this is a very good analysis. I think the game will be a lot like Smyrna vs Ravenwood last year. I think that final prediction will be very close.

I dont understand how the last 3 teams Smyrna has beat has said that this is there year because of one reason or another. Smyrna ultimatily takes this one because no one can stop Smyrna's passing game and Smyrna's defense has really stepped up lately.