South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Hey Geno and all Pirate fans. I have been going to Pirate games all my life and have missed very few games. And although I don't think this team is as good as the 1994 team, not that I was partial to that team /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , they are definitely good and will win Friday night. They proved how good they were last week with their win over Hampton, who had size and speed. I don't know anything about McKenzie, except they are the best team in the west, but South Pittsburg will win. And I am not saying that to be cocky toward anyone, but it should be a good game. GO PIRATES!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its hard to say until Friday, but these Rebels maybe as good as or better than Hampton and Gordonsville. I agree the Pirates should win but I do remember the call on the 2 point conversion in OT of the '86 Title game. Things can happen and I hope they take care of business early, continuously and often in the game Friday to keep Lady Luck and the Zebra's from having a say in the game. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo how does this year's SP team match up with TC in '05? I seen UC in '05 & McKenzie this year and McKenzie is better than UC in '05. I say McKenzie is better because their offense is much more balanced compared to UC's. UC probably had more size but McKenzie has more speed overall. Someone further out West (like PurpleandGold) may have a better idea on this than I do but I say McKenzie is better than UC in '05.

The way I see it is, South Pitt is more expoosive on offense and Trousdale's 05 team was better on defense.South Pitt can play the power game or they can just out run you, if you cheat on the run ,they will hit you with a pass. Everything they do is set up by #24. Don't even start thinking they only have one guy, the Jones kid is one of the best backs in the state. Wouldn't be surprised to see hom win Mr Football next season. They have weapons all over the field. Their line is not all that big ,but they are extremely strong and they know how to block. Its just a good team with players everywhere. I don't see them losing. Like all the good teams,they are a very well coached team.

Hey Geno and all Pirate fans. I have been going to Pirate games all my life and have missed very few games. And although I don't think this team is as good as the 1994 team, not that I was partial to that team /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , they are definitely good and will win Friday night. They proved how good they were last week with their win over Hampton, who had size and speed. I don't know anything about McKenzie, except they are the best team in the west, but South Pittsburg will win. And I am not saying that to be cocky toward anyone, but it should be a good game. GO PIRATES!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mckenzie had a huge wall to over come last friday night.

Mt Pleasant gave Mckenzie all it wanted but,Mckenzie had to get over that size and speed all 4 quarters that MT. Pleasant gave them................... If the Pirate play friday night they will be playing 2a. Because Mckenzie will be bring that gold ball back west after friday afternoons win.

Kicking a field goal against South Pitt is like taking a knife to a gun fight, you better get you a 1st down ans score a td,if not you just lost 4 points. Another thing is ,you have a double edged sword, kick the ball deep to them and there is a good chance ,the next time you see them ,they will be in the end zone, kick it short and give them good field position and you find yourself in another mess, once they get a 1st down or so, they can go for it 4 downs. The best any only chance Isee for Mckenzie is to score every time and hope for a turnover.And yes South Pitt could score against Maryville. Sullivan South scored 21 on um and their offense isn't as explosive as South Pitts. You are gettng ahold of a grizzly bear with pms.. This bunch can , put it up the field.

Pujo, Old Pirate likes you more all the time. That is some funny stuff, one quote OP will have to remember & use. The SP folks sure appreciate the kind words the kids are getting. A kind thank you from this Old Pirate.

Old Pirate has to go shopping this after noon with the boss. OP hates to admit that, but OP knows where his bread is buttered.

The way I see it is, South Pitt is more expoosive on offense and Trousdale's 05 team was better on defense.South Pitt can play the power game or they can just out run you, if you cheat on the run ,they will hit you with a pass. Everything they do is set up by #24. Don't even start thinking they only have one guy, the Jones kid is one of the best backs in the state. Wouldn't be surprised to see hom win Mr Football next season. They have weapons all over the field. Their line is not all that big ,but they are extremely strong and they know how to block. Its just a good team with players everywhere. I don't see them losing. Like all the good teams,they are a very well coached team.

Pujo you are so right. We are not a one man team and Jones is a great player!! That's the thing about SP, they are a multitalented team with multitalented players. They can play where and when needed. And size doesn't really matter /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> that's been proven in the past two games. GO PIRATES!!

To my knowledge, I don't think Charter has ever showed the state championships in West Tennessee. I know they use to show them in middle Tennessee. My sister lives in Smyrna and I am going to ask her to tape it for me.

I ask a employee of Charter yesterday if they were going to televise and she said she did not know but they should.

Charter televised the games Huntingdon played in the state finals a few years back. They sure should do ours as well!!!!! Dub me a copy of your tape when you get it V&T1!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not going to go back and read all thirty-something pages, but I'll assume someone has at least mentioned the '69 team. I'm kinda partial to that team - probably the greatest team to ever come from SPHS. And Wigfall - what can I say? But like I said, I'm partial. But this year's team is probably even better. There's a brotherhood on this team. They love each other. They'll fight for each other. They'd die for each other. And they will be victorious. I remember a similar speech from Vic's dad (where do you think Vic got his name??). Yes, I fully expect SPHS to be victorious Friday afternoon.

It's not astro turf. It's the new stuff that is much like grass. You can wear regular cleats on it and be ok. We went to a passing league there this summer.

Bethel College has the same turf on their field here in McKenzie and the Rebels practiced on it yesterday. I'm sure they will again today too. I was told they were going on to Murfreesboro tomorrow so they may practice there Wed.???????

>>>>He is history...just ignore him...he may not be a Hampton fan<<<<

As a mom of a former SPHS State Champ, both football AND baseball, I resent this statement. You know NOTHING about our program at South Pittsburg except we beat your GOOD football team last week and now you have a bad case of sour grapes!!! It's nothing but jealousy!! I have not posted on here very much but I request to any moderator that you be banned from even reading much less posting false statements about our program or anyone else's. It is folks like you that get rumors started that create problems that don't even exist!!! TIME TO SHUT UP AND GO PLAY ROUNDBALL FOR A WHILE. I hate to be this way, our folks were nice to your folks last week and not ONE true SP fan on this site has said anything derogatory about Hampton's FINE football team. I am sure we will meet up again in the future and remarks such as this only make something bad that could be a fun rivalry in the future so GROW UP and act like someone decent like I am sure your school's administration TRIED to teach you. If this person is not a true Hampton fan, I apologize now to the fine folks of Hampton High School for blaming this on a Hampton fan. This is totally ridiculous and UNTRUE. There is NO program in the State of Tennessee that is more top notch than the South Pittsburg program in any classification. Some folks are only jealous of the GOOD reputation of SPHS and of our PIRATE tradition.

GO PIRATES!!!!!