South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came back on there right after the game and got my crow and had it with some hot sauce. Yes I said that Mckenzie would win but ya'll had something to say about that. And I did say that ya'll had a every goog team and that ya'LL are the best 1a team in Tenn.......................................

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We got a great compliment from the Alcoa coaches that were watching the first half of our game from the hospitality suite in the press box. At half time as we were coming down a MTSU official got in the elevator with us. He had been sitting next to the Alcoa coaches and they had told him that South Pittsburg had more overall speed than any high school team he had ever seen. The big compliment was that he thought we would beat them if we played.

You are really on top of the world this morning and rightfully so but get real about playing maryville you score nothing and probably have to throw in the towel due to so many injuries. or mercy rule in the first qtr, enjoy your moments of running up the score because your time will come to be on the recieving end. as for now congrats to so pitt on a tremendous year,

First of all, you have a lot of gall coming on here to belittle kids that just won the 1A State Championship. Where is your team, sitting at home watching????? Everyone knows that year in and year out, a 1A team cannot compete with some 2A,3A,4A, and 5A teams. But every once in a while, a "special" team comes along that has the ability to do so, regardless of the fact that they only have 30-50 kids to choose from instead of 80-100+. The Alcoa Tornadoes have had one of those teams in the past few years and many believe that this years SP team could do the same. They demolished us (Marion County), Boyd Buchanan, and they also beat a pretty good Tyner Ram team. All of these teams are 2A Teams. Who is to say that they couldn't compete with Alcoa this year?? It's ont SP or any other "small" school's fault that they don't get to play any "larger (i.e. 3A,4A,&5A) teams. You can give thanks to Mr. Carter for that. He sees the need for 25 different classifications for one reason..........I'll let all of you figure that out. I believe that TSSAA should go back to the 3 classification format. It would make for some very interesting games. When SP won in 69 there wasn't 7 classifications. How big were the schools that couldn't beat them way back then??? When Marion County won in the mid 90's, they beat the likes of Soddy-Daisy, Baylor, McCallie,etc. Seems to me like they could "hang" with the "bigger" dogs!

Secondly, SP never ran the score up on any team that they played all year! When you have Junior, Sophmore, and Freshmen RB's, QB's, and linemen in in the second half, and you are strictly handing the ball off left and right, and continue to score, IS THAT REALLY RUNNING THE SCORE UP????? Maybe since SP's QB (#5) isn't a good passer, SP should have left him in the games in the 2nd halves to throw all the time......but hey, that's trying to run up the score, isn't it???? I guess starting the 2nd halves, SP should have just come out and took a knee on downs 1,2,and 3 and then punted, or maybe they should have just punted on first down every time.

It's guys like you that don't understand that it's not a coaches job to tell his younger players to go in the games and try NOT to score. I guess that would help build their characters for the next season. Maybe I just don't understand Football. Maybe you are right!

We got a great compliment from the Alcoa coaches that were watching the first half of our game from the hospitality suite in the press box. At half time as we were coming down a MTSU official got in the elevator with us. He had been sitting next to the Alcoa coaches and they had told him that South Pittsburg had more overall speed than any high school team he had ever seen. The big compliment was that he thought we would beat them if we played.

A compliment like that just goes to show that what class a school in doesn't mean squat. The # of students a school has, not the talent or ability of it's athletic teams, determines what class it is in. Our high school here is 3A (if I heard correctly, close to 4A). They've won only 2 games since they won the state championship 2 years ago, unless you count our win this year in the jamboree against Cookeville HS (5A). A team is only as good as it's players and coaching staff. (Not degrading LA here...just used them as an example.) Sure, the bigger schools have more players to choose from, but you can have only 11 of them on the field at a time. I think S. Pitt's 2007 team could hold their own with many teams in the classes above them and beat the fire out of a lot of 'em. That's this ole gal's opinion, anyway.

I came back on there right after the game and got my crow and had it with some hot sauce. Yes I said that Mckenzie would win but ya'll had something to say about that. And I did say that ya'll had a every goog team and that ya'LL are the best 1a team in Tenn.......................................

YEP U TOOK IT LIKE A MAN AN BACK FOR MORE. GOOD JOB!

First of all, you have a lot of gall coming on here to belittle kids that just won the 1A State Championship. Where is your team, sitting at home watching????? Everyone knows that year in and year out, a 1A team cannot compete with some 2A,3A,4A, and 5A teams. But every once in a while, a "special" team comes along that has the ability to do so, regardless of the fact that they only have 30-50 kids to choose from instead of 80-100+. The Alcoa Tornadoes have had one of those teams in the past few years and many believe that this years SP team could do the same. They demolished us (Marion County), Boyd Buchanan, and they also beat a pretty good Tyner Ram team. All of these teams are 2A Teams. Who is to say that they couldn't compete with Alcoa this year?? It's ont SP or any other "small" school's fault that they don't get to play any "larger (i.e. 3A,4A,&5A) teams. You can give thanks to Mr. Carter for that. He sees the need for 25 different classifications for one reason..........I'll let all of you figure that out. I believe that TSSAA should go back to the 3 classification format. It would make for some very interesting games. When SP won in 69 there wasn't 7 classifications. How big were the schools that couldn't beat them way back then??? When Marion County won in the mid 90's, they beat the likes of Soddy-Daisy, Baylor, McCallie,etc. Seems to me like they could "hang" with the "bigger" dogs!

Secondly, SP never ran the score up on any team that they played all year! When you have Junior, Sophmore, and Freshmen RB's, QB's, and linemen in in the second half, and you are strictly handing the ball off left and right, and continue to score, IS THAT REALLY RUNNING THE SCORE UP????? Maybe since SP's QB (#5) isn't a good passer, SP should have left him in the games in the 2nd halves to throw all the time......but hey, that's trying to run up the score, isn't it???? I guess starting the 2nd halves, SP should have just come out and took a knee on downs 1,2,and 3 and then punted, or maybe they should have just punted on first down every time.

It's guys like you that don't understand that it's not a coaches job to tell his younger players to go in the games and try NOT to score. I guess that would help build their characters for the next season. Maybe I just don't understand Football. Maybe you are right!

PREACH ON!!!!

Zone,

I sat up by 2 dads from Alcoa during the 3rd andpart of the 4th Qtr.'s. They were very complimentary of your team. They ALSO made some very nice comments to me. One said "I'm glad we came down early to watch this game today. We've heard the "Buzz" about this Pirates team and wanted to see 1st hand how good ya'll were." The other dad said "the ONLY team we've played all season that could beat ya'll is Maryville. And I'm glad that we aren't playing you guys today, cause I'm not sure that we could hang with you either."

Now, I know that they were being nice, but I did get a little sincerity from there statements as well. Great compliments for the Coaches, Team and players for SP. CONGRATS on a Great season!

ssssssss Posted 20 minutes ago

south pittsburg vrs alcoa would have been the game to watch...to bad!!! I must say I did enjoy watching the mckenzie quarterback....hes a good one

Yes he is a good QB and that showed late in the 4th qtr. SP had a few younger players in the game and had relaxed defensively, but he had a great arm. He also impressed me with the way he scrambled (Often). SP put a lot of pressure on him at times and he tried to make things happen. His receivers dropped a few passes, and he misse on a few throws, but you could still tell that he was a good QB. He will make a pretty good QB in somebody's system in college. GOOD LUCK to him.

Also, I think SP's QB is as stable as they come. I have gotten to experience him "First Hand" for the last few years, and I believe that he is one of, if not, the best to come out of the Sequatchie Valley. He runs the offense well and doesn't make mistakes. He hasn't gotten the recognition that he deserved because they don't have to throw the ball, but he has proven over the past few years, that he can throw and throw it well. I believe he only threw 2 or 3 int's this season. Pretty impressive to me. Too bad he isn't about 6'1 or 6'2 or we would probably be watching him on Saturday's somewhere. Best QB that I remember seeing from SP in all my years!

We watched part of the game in the hotel before grabbing something to eat then going to the stadium to watch the rest of the game. SP was really impressive. The way they played reminded me of Alcoa. In the '70's we had to play SP, and it was always a scary game. Both teams have a lot of tradition.

Congrats on the win, SP, and congrats to McKenzie for a great season!

Well, I made it to the game, and WHAT A GAME!! I am so glad I went!! Outstanding!! Congratulations to a GREAT team of young men. I didn't see any showboating or bragging or any poor sportsmanship on either side (except the penalty on MHS coach). GREAT game! Wonderful athletes- I wish them all the best for their college careers!

I have seen several other HS football teams in my time, and I must say I am so proud to be a SPHS alum!

To Pirate Tom- Saw you at the gaem but didn't get to come chat with you (sorry)... You're looking well! And I have read most of your posts, and you STILL are SUCH a class act! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Duck after seeing this game I have one thing to say. I'm glad ya'll won last week. I wouldn't have wanted to have taken that beat down this week. That ain't nothing against ya'll. SP deserves it that's for sure.

theyoungtiger,

I have to say that it was VERY tough to watch that game yesterday from the stands!!!! Especially knowing that our offense sputtered for 3 quarters before coming to life in the 4th. No doubt, SP's speed on defense had a lot to do with it but, a lot of the lack of offensive production was our own making too. We didn't enjoy taking that whippin' but, it was great just to get there!!!

maybe we can all do this again sometime in the near future and see how it goes. I believe that South Pittsburg is setting in pretty good shape for a little while and wouldn't count them out of the running next season. They are one of the best high school football teams I've ever seen in ANY class!!!

I'm thinking the matchups yesterday would have been better if SP had played Alcoa and we had played Goodpasture.