LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

I'm looking forward to this one. If Lipscomb is ever going to do it, this is the year. I hate to be the East Tennessean to go against the grain, but I think Lipscomb's experience will pull them through in a close one. They are a too well coached team not to breakthrough for one of these, and Fulton has gotten a lot better, but they are still young.

That doesn't mean I'm not cheering for the Falcons though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your talking about 3A then your facts are wrong. You said Lipscomb has three silver balls. Well since we are talking about 3A then this is Lipscomb's 3rd year in 3A therefore they have two silver ball in 3A. In order to find a third silver ball you would have to go back to when Lipscomb was in 2A which is why I brought 2A up in the first place.

no i think my facts are very RIGHT! This is their 3rd trip to state in 3A therefore they have 3 SILVER balls

Oh, that's right. Playing in a 1A, 2A, 4A or 5A championship game has no comparison whatsoever to a 3A game. So whatever happened in the two championship games that DL won in 2A could in no way, shape, form or fashion, indicate that the coaches might know a thing or two about the game. Since it wasn't 3A, after all. Man, I sure hope Fulton never changes classifications - who knows, their coaches might turn out to be slobbering idiots! I mean, since there's obviously no comparison to 3A.

Makes perfect sense....

well since this IS the 3A state championship i figured we would be talking bout 3A football...the other classifications have no significance to what we are talkin bout in this thread GENIUS!

Not a fluke......It was AE's first win against the Irish in 5 tries. Catholic was playing without Zak Tait (D-1 lineman prospect) Vann and Pfleger (starting backfield) Johnson (center) injured early in the game. Trussler (LB) Giles (DE) and Robbins (FS) making appearances after being out injured and at less than 100%. 3 missed extra points in a 1 point game. AE scoring on a kickoff return, converting on 3rd and about 40, blown call of a recovered onsides kick. No excuses, that's football but..........

I'd say fluke.

okay a fluke would be if AE had won by a lot. they didnt. its not a fluke if a team cant convert on key oppurtunities (extra points). and on 3rd and 40, dont make excuses for your team. if Catholic couldnt stop AE, then AE was obviously a better team. as far as 1st win in 5 tries, the past is the past. again i say, AE beating Catholic was no fluke. just Catholic mistakes.

I'm looking forward to this one. If Lipscomb is ever going to do it, this is the year. I hate to be the East Tennessean to go against the grain, but I think Lipscomb's experience will pull them through in a close one. They are a too well coached team not to breakthrough for one of these, and Fulton has gotten a lot better, but they are still young.

That doesn't mean I'm not cheering for the Falcons though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

no disrespect Solomon, but will everyone quit saying 'young'. obviously it hasnt mattered this year about how young a team is, espicially if you have great playmakers like vic smith, ken tyson, and derrick humphrey.

no i think my facts are very RIGHT! This is their 3rd trip to state in 3A therefore they have 3 SILVER balls

Ahhh well a bold prediction. Maybe its not your facts but your grammar that needs to be checked. Since the game has not been played yet shouldnt it be will have three silver balls. Not that I think this but I believe DL can win. Last time I checked its not like they send the trophies to the predicted winners before the game. Honestly prospect I dont understand your attack of Lipscombs program or coaches. I as well as all DL fans have been nothing but complimentary of Fulton and their program as well as their well earned victory last year. Also all the Fulton fans were very complimentary of Lipscomb until you burst on the scene claiming Fulton was unstoppable, Lipscomb's coaches couldn't get the job done, and that you wished you could fina an old Tshirt that stated that getting second in the state made Lipscomb losers. I have no problem with you having confidence in your team but why maliciously attack another program. I as all other Fulton and Lipscomb fans have said they are looking forward to seeing a first class football game with both sides showing class and discipline. By the way Lipscombs head coach was elected to coach in the new Tennessee coaches elected all star game in December. That means the coaches around the state selected Lipscombs coach to be the leader. They dont do that if someone does not know how call plays.

well since this IS the 3A state championship i figured we would be talking bout 3A football...the other classifications have no significance to what we are talkin bout in this thread GENIUS!

Look, Prospect, which I assume is short for "Prospecting for Brains" because you sure don't seem to exhibit any, you're the one who brought up the fact that, apparently, the Lipscomb coaches can't coach. I realize that your logic isn't much to follow, and not even you are following it, but coaching is coaching. 3A or any other "A" has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure where you live, but apparently it's in a vacuum.

Here's a suggestion, before you post another illogical, nonsensical post where you change the rules mid-stream, why don't you just lay out all of the ground rules (i.e. can't talk about anything other than anything that might make Fulton look better or you look smarter - the last of which will be a stretch), that way maybe at least some of the people who know you can follow you.

Oh, and while your at it, why don't you broaden your horizons a bit and look at some other classes of football. Why, I hear even Alcoa and Maryville have decent non-3A teams. But wait, that was on this thread. How in the world could that have happened? By PforB's standards, this is a 3A only thread!

I sure hope someone else is driving you to M'boro, the way you change directions midstream, you'll never get there.

okay a fluke would be if AE had won by a lot. they didnt. its not a fluke if a team cant convert on key oppurtunities (extra points). and on 3rd and 40, dont make excuses for your team. if Catholic couldnt stop AE, then AE was obviously a better team. as far as 1st win in 5 tries, the past is the past. again i say, AE beating Catholic was no fluke. just Catholic mistakes.

Call it devine intervention, great execution, capitalizing opportunity.... but, I'm also sticking with Fluke. Catholic is a different team since week 7 due to the injury bug and the mad gypsy woman playoff curse. If it wasn't a fluke, then why didn't that same team show up at Fulton. Regardless of the margin of victory.... If AE beats Fulton, or even gives them a close game, then you can say AE turned it up a notch. AE took advantage of a Irish team with no air in their bagpipes.

Like a healthy Catholic team ... a victory against David Liscomb will be a 4 quarter challenge.

Go Falcons!