LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

Photo, funny. Yeah, I have not really bought into the Fulton is very young thing either. Young up front, but Coach Black is a hoss. Also, the skill guys are veterans. Hump, Smith, Tyson, and the kid from SD are upperclass guys. Cobb, Stokes are winners that have been here before. Also, the reality is that even if some of the guys are young, it does not mean they can't play. Example, Antwan Hammilton. Lastly, I hate that all that stuff went down w/Stinson, but I am really proud of, and have been very impressed with Blair. Next yr., folks will say Fulton has an experienced front, but lacks veteran skill guys. Won't matter next year either.

ruse?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it devine interention, great execution, capitalizing opportunity.... but, I'm also sticking with Fluke. Catholic is a different team since week 7 due to the injury bug and the mad gypsy woman playoff curse. If it wasn't a fluke, then why didn't that same team show up at Fulton. Regardless of the margin of victory.... If AE beats Fulton, or even gives them a close game, then you can say AE turned it up a notch. AE took advantage of a Irish team with no air in their bagpipes.

Like a healthy Catholic team ... a victory against David Liscomb will be a 4 quarter challange.

Go Falcons!

A voice of sanity and intelligence, floating in maroon-colored water. Have a safe trip and don't think anything strange if you hear a "tinge" of bagpipe music. It's all in your head. On second thought, as a gesture of district comradiere, we're sending the bagpipe lady to help get you fired up. It's an early Christmas present. I hope the guys are watching game film of AE jumping up and down on the Falcon on the bus ride in the morning. You don't need to fear all private schools.

Falcons-Bring home the gold, the plaid clashes with your uniforms.

I always pull for region 5-3a. But this region 2 blabber and ALL the great teams and woulda coulda shoulda.....seems like the only other team from up there besides Fulton was a Middle Tn team Livingston that made it. The rest of you guys are just also rans like the rest of us.

Most of this thread was boasting, pat on my own back, interaction between Fulton followers. If DL has been this quiet.....I would kinda beware.

Anyway Here's to a region 5 win..DL.....and hopefully a dose of some humble pie from region 2.

A voice of sanity and intelligence, floating in maroon-colored water. Have a safe trip and don't think anything strange if you hear a "tinge" of bagpipe music. It's all in your head. On second thought, as a gesture of district comradiere, we're sending the bagpipe lady to help get you fired up. It's an early Christmas present. I hope the guys are watching game film of AE jumping up and down on the Falcon on the bus ride in the morning. You don't need to fear all private schools.Falcons-Bring home the gold, the plaid clashes with your uniforms.

Thanks for the support... But as far as the bagpipe Lady present.... you've outdone yourself. Don't be surprised if we regift that souvenir.

I always pull for region 5-3a. But this region 2 blabber and ALL the great teams and woulda coulda shoulda.....seems like the only other team from up there besides Fulton was a Middle Tn team Livingston that made it. The rest of you guys are just also rans like the rest of us.

Most of this thread was boasting, pat on my own back, interaction between Fulton followers. If DL has been this quiet.....I would kinda beware.

Anyway Here's to a region 5 win..DL.....and hopefully a dose of some humble pie from region 2.

Actually Fulton,LA, and Austin-East have all won state titles since 2001. In the past 6 seasons they have won 5 titles by 3 schools and finished runner-up the other time.

I'd say they have plenty reason to brag if they want to.

Then again, facts don't usually stop folks like yourself from forming opinions.

Well, the fact that LA is positioned towards the middle part of the state is not what our argument is all about as far as Region 2 being the best. Yeah, they're closer to Middle than East, but that's just how the cards fell. The point is, the fact that LA played against Region 2 competition throughout the year and won the State with 5 losses. The level of competition they faced prepared them to beat both Notre Dame and DL solid after they got past Catholic in the 3rd round. So, in essense, you actually helped support our argument for Region 2 being the best. I would take Kingston and Anderson County against Region 4 & 5's #4 and #5 best teams any day of the week. Region 2's "Big Three" of Catholic, Fulton, and AE are by far better than Region 4 or 5's top three schools. The fact is, you talk like Fulton is the only good team in our region because they continue to go to the state every year, but the Falcons toughest tests have came in rounds 2 & 3, against Region 2 opponents. If Catholic gets past Fulton last year, then they would have beat DL as well. LA just proved that WHOEVER gets out of Region 2 is a better football team than what Region 4 or 5 has to offer. Beat Region 2, whoever it is, and then try and make an argument. We simply state facts, we don't boast about things just to be boasting.

Well, the fact that LA is positioned towards the middle part of the state is not what our argument is all about as far as Region 2 being the best. Yeah, they're closer to Middle than East, but that's just how the cards fell. The point is, the fact that LA played against Region 2 competition throughout the year and won the State with 5 losses. The level of competition they faced prepared them to beat both Notre Dame and DL solid after they got past Catholic in the 3rd round. So, in essense, you actually helped support our argument for Region 2 being the best. I would take Kingston and Anderson County against Region 4 & 5's #4 and #5 best teams any day of the week. Region 2's "Big Three" of Catholic, Fulton, and AE are by far better than Region 4 or 5's top three schools. The fact is, you talk like Fulton is the only good team in our region because they continue to go to the state every year, but the Falcons toughest tests have came in rounds 2 & 3, against Region 2 opponents. If Catholic gets past Fulton last year, then they would have beat DL as well. LA just proved that WHOEVER gets out of Region 2 is a better football team than what Region 4 or 5 has to offer. Beat Region 2, whoever it is, and then try and make an argument. We simply state facts, we don't boast about things just to be boasting.

What he said /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Will miss the game due to a basketball game in Kentucky but I think I've seen this show before..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

FALCON VICTORY!

Again, ...AND once more let me point out that reasoning that region 2 has in getting to the finals is usually true for DL in region 5. However, that is only my opinion just like your propanda opinion above. People could handle some of your fans loyalty but it comes across as arrogance. Even with Fulton winning the last two years, I think you will find the two silver balls at a region 5 school which renders any arguments a "moot point" as far as region 2 is concerned. I could state here that in 2004 and 2005 that region 5 had the best six teams anywhere......but who ends up with the ?????

I'm looking forward to this one. If Lipscomb is ever going to do it, this is the year. I hate to be the East Tennessean to go against the grain, but I think Lipscomb's experience will pull them through in a close one. They are a too well coached team not to breakthrough for one of these, and Fulton has gotten a lot better, but they are still young.

That doesn't mean I'm not cheering for the Falcons though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ahem.

To those who say experience doesn't matter-

1) 4 Fulton turnovers.

2) 10 penalties, including 2 offsides which changed drives and lead to 15 DL points.

3) DL's lines dominated the 4th quarter. (Although Cobb did look amazing basically getting every yard he did himself.)

DL was a very experienced team that has been here before. They are very well coached. In games like this, experience matters.

Don't worry though Fulton. I've got a feeling this isn't your last trip to Murfreesboro, and 2nd place ain't bad at all in what most thought would be a rebuilding year.

Congrats to the Mustangs! Very good team that is well-coached, and the players looked to be great sports on the field as well. You guys deserve this. Congrats again!