CSAS vs Temple

dadoffour

That's a good question. Against McCallie, at Temple, I was dissapointed in the lack of fans. Hopefully, now that this year's team is showing it can play, the fans are getting energized. I'd like to see the place rockin' Friday night.

The gym is going to be packed out tonight with red, white and black...no worries there. I mean, for all the smack CSAS is talking about temple guys' team, they sure sound quite confident. Wouldn't it stink for CSAS to lose miserably and then blame it on the creaky bleachers? Talk is cheap. Let's get the game on!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I bet CSAS is anxious to play a Temple team that doesn't have Skogen/Newson/Smith. They've waited several years for this and I'm sure they're expecting to roll.

I find it humorous that teams make excuses for why they cant beat their opponents b/c those teams have certain incredible players. Temple couldn't help that they had really good players!

CSAS wins 76-50 with an excellent team effort all around. The game was close through the first half with Temple having the edge in the first quarter. CSAS led by a few going into the second half and just pulled away from there. Ultimately, CSAS's numbers were just too much for Temple. TTA is solid through their starting five but dropped way off after that while CSAS could still bring in players and not lose very much at all. A great game and a tremendous effort by both teams. I look forward to seeing them play again.

Heisman watch: Sexton was the probably the best player on the court. I don't know how many he ended up with, but he was playing like a man out there. Fun to watch. Hampton, Cobb, and Townsend all played great as well.

CSAS wins 76-50 with an excellent team effort all around. The game was close through the first half with Temple having the edge in the first quarter. CSAS led by a few going into the second half and just pulled away from there. Ultimately, CSAS's numbers were just too much for Temple. TTA is solid through their starting five but dropped way off after that while CSAS could still bring in players and not lose very much at all. A great game and a tremendous effort by both teams. I look forward to seeing them play again.

Heisman watch: Sexton was the probably the best player on the court. I don't know how many he ended up with, but he was playing like a man out there. Fun to watch. Hampton, Cobb, and Townsend all played great as well.

it was a great game for CSAS fans. after a 14-7 1st quarter i was kinda shaky but my boys pulled through. townsend was lights out. mckoy impressed me this game with his hustle he was always in the right spot and making plays when needed. it was good to see both johnsons out there too. with all the guards CSAS has why play ball? 2 points!!!!! someone needs to coach him up :cough cough:

Halfway through the first quarter I was thinking CSAS was all hype, then they proved me wrong in a big way. Their full court press probably forced over 30 turnovers, and they converted a lot of them into points. Townsend was in a zone, and Temple refused to guard him. Halfway through the 4th quarter Temple either ran out of gas, or gave up, hopefully the former, and didn't get back on defense, allowing a lot of fast break points.

Highlight of the night was Sexton's 2-handed jam, in traffic. Unfortunately it only got Temple 2 points.

Hopefully this game will be a good learning experience for Temple. They've got a big game next Thursday against Ooltewah.

ball isn't in the game to score. he is in there to clog the middle and get some rebounds he knocks down his free throws. he does not try to force his offensive skills on anyone. he is a solid roll player for csas. he gives great effort. just because a kid is 6'7 or so does not mean he should be a dominate offensive player. csas wins with depth and everyone accepting their roles on the tea,. very athletic, and very unselfish bunch of players.

Patriots thrash Temple

Saturday, December 08, 2007

By Jaime Lackey

Staff Writer

The buzz created by a state-championship rematch surrounded Friday night's basketball game at Tennessee Temple, but Arts & Sciences showed just how different last year's top two Class A teams are this season.

After trailing at the end of the first quarter against the team they lost to four times a year ago, the Patriots turned up their pressure and ran away with a 76-50 victory.

"We just wanted to wear them out," CSAS coach Mark Dragoo said. "After a while, you could tell they were getting tired."

The Patriots' plan succeeded even better than they had hoped, leaving the Crusaders mentally and physically exhausted. CSAS forced 29 turnovers, including 17 steals, and outscored the home team 65-36 over the final three quarters.

"I told our guys in the locker room that was the first time I'd ever seen a Temple team quit," said first-year Crusaders coach Caleb Marcum, a former Temple player. "It's gut-check time for us. How are we going to respond? We can't look back; we have to look forward."

An early 9-0 run gave the Crusaders a 14-7 lead, but an 11-of-13 performance from the free-throw line and a late 3-pointer from Terrell Townsend helped CSAS take a 30-26 advantage into the break.

"We were wanting some payback, but Coach told us these are two different teams this year," Patriots senior Dontay Hampton said. "But a lot of us still had that payback mindset, which messed us up in the first half. Everybody really wanted to get back in the game. We knew we were a better team than that."

Temple started the second half with three starters in foul trouble, and the Patriots opened with two 3s from Townsend. CSAS then expanded a nine-point lead to 17 in a one-minute span, as Curtis McKoy scored on a putback after a Crusaders turnover, Hampton twice found Hassan Cobb after steals, and Townsend made two more free throws.

Jeremy Sexton, who led all scorers with 25 points, started the fourth with two 3s for Temple (5-3), but 16 unanswered points by Arts & Sciences ended any chance of a comeback.

"We knew it was going to be tough," Marcum said. "We knew we'd have to play the best we'd played all year. They're a great team and they're very athletic, but we didn't execute on either end. And when you don't execute, it gets ugly, and that's what happened."

Townsend and Hampton each finished with 22 points, and Hampton's impressive night also included 11 rebounds, nine steals and six assists. Cobb and McKoy totaled 10 points apiece, with McKoy adding four steals and four assists as the Patriots improved to 8-1.

"I told them this was just the next step for us to see where we are in our region compared to other teams," Dragoo said. "And doing it on the road was big for us.

Patriots thrash Temple

Saturday, December 08, 2007

By Jaime Lackey

Staff Writer

The buzz created by a state-championship rematch surrounded Friday night's basketball game at Tennessee Temple, but Arts & Sciences showed just how different last year's top two Class A teams are this season.

After trailing at the end of the first quarter against the team they lost to four times a year ago, the Patriots turned up their pressure and ran away with a 76-50 victory.

"We just wanted to wear them out," CSAS coach Mark Dragoo said. "After a while, you could tell they were getting tired."

The Patriots' plan succeeded even better than they had hoped, leaving the Crusaders mentally and physically exhausted. CSAS forced 29 turnovers, including 17 steals, and outscored the home team 65-36 over the final three quarters.

"I told our guys in the locker room that was the first time I'd ever seen a Temple team quit," said first-year Crusaders coach Caleb Marcum, a former Temple player. "It's gut-check time for us. How are we going to respond? We can't look back; we have to look forward."

An early 9-0 run gave the Crusaders a 14-7 lead, but an 11-of-13 performance from the free-throw line and a late 3-pointer from Terrell Townsend helped CSAS take a 30-26 advantage into the break.

"We were wanting some payback, but Coach told us these are two different teams this year," Patriots senior Dontay Hampton said. "But a lot of us still had that payback mindset, which messed us up in the first half. Everybody really wanted to get back in the game. We knew we were a better team than that."

Temple started the second half with three starters in foul trouble, and the Patriots opened with two 3s from Townsend. CSAS then expanded a nine-point lead to 17 in a one-minute span, as Curtis McKoy scored on a putback after a Crusaders turnover, Hampton twice found Hassan Cobb after steals, and Townsend made two more free throws.

Jeremy Sexton, who led all scorers with 25 points, started the fourth with two 3s for Temple (5-3), but 16 unanswered points by Arts & Sciences ended any chance of a comeback.

"We knew it was going to be tough," Marcum said. "We knew we'd have to play the best we'd played all year. They're a great team and they're very athletic, but we didn't execute on either end. And when you don't execute, it gets ugly, and that's what happened."

Townsend and Hampton each finished with 22 points, and Hampton's impressive night also included 11 rebounds, nine steals and six assists. Cobb and McKoy totaled 10 points apiece, with McKoy adding four steals and four assists as the Patriots improved to 8-1.

"I told them this was just the next step for us to see where we are in our region compared to other teams," Dragoo said. "And doing it on the road was big for us.

This looks to be Draggo and CSAS's year! Good Luck!