District 13AA

GCPioneer

LOL, now we'll call him "The Wizard of Gibson Co.". He seems to win no matter where he's at and I think he's definately going to be bringing some hardware to the Gibson Co. area within the next few years. I'm curiouse as to how many threes we hit tonight. I'm guessing we hit about 13 of 'em. Jeniqua shot extremely well tonight as did Butler. I'm looking forward to Thursdays game against Milan. I think it's ours if we want it bad enough. Milan sure came out sluggish tonight against a team that was capable of beating them despite beating them by 18 points.

BTW, this is off topic. Gibson Co. named their gym after Mr. BO Booth, former principle of Gibson Co. This happened in the final regular season game against Dyersburg in between the girls and boys game. Mr. Booth obviously deserves it and was not expecting this. He has hosted MANY tournaments and hosted them well!

Should be a great night of Basketball on Thursday night, two good semi-final games potentially. GC did look good last night, and Milan was fine. You say sluggish but that is Milan, playing to the competition at times. I think Thursday's GC/Milan can easily go either way. If, if, Milan handles the press, they will be in good shape and get some easy baskets. Gray will be the key, as how she handles the pressure (and she usually handles it well), will be the difference maker. Butler and Jennings must knock down their open looks when they get them, and they will get them. Too close to call.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great night of Basketball on Thursday night, two good semi-final games potentially. GC did look good last night, and Milan was fine. You say sluggish but that is Milan, playing to the competition at times. I think Thursday's GC/Milan can easily go either way. If, if, Milan handles the press, they will be in good shape and get some easy baskets. Gray will be the key, as how she handles the pressure (and she usually handles it well), will be the difference maker. Butler and Jennings must knock down their open looks when they get them, and they will get them. Too close to call.

I thought DC came out and played very well defensively to start the game I don't think Milan was really "sluggish" either, they just took a little time to make adjustments. Coach Volbert called a timeout shortly into the 2nd quarter and after that it was all Milan. Hamm and Joyner made a bunch of terrible passes that led to turnovers throughout the game. If not for that, it would have been much worse. Glenn was a beast inside and Q played well also. The seniors played well. I think the key to Milan/GC is not how Gray handles the press, she will be fine, but how well Hamm and Joyner handle it and also, how well Milan's big girls handle the more physical play of the GC inside players. I have seen Glenn, in particular, appear intimidated at times this year against the more physical players.

Gibson Co. hit 11 3-pointers last night. "Guru of Gibson" has a nice sound to it.

I'd like to say congratulations to Crockett Co. and Dyer Co. on their seasons. The teams did a great job of representing their schools.

We have one semifinal set, as mentioned - the fourth meeting between Gibson Co. and Milan. The 4/5 matchup is tonight between Westview and Dyersburg, with the winner advancing to play Obion Co. in the other semifinal.

I coined the phrase "Guru of Gibson"......it is trademarked and therefore you need permission to use it....it is OK with me though.

I also have the phrase "pukebag in HAAAAYYYYYYWWWOOOOOOODDDDD" coined also.....with last night's win, it guaranteed a trip back to the puke fest gym the Wizard (oops, now Guru) once appeared in (once is why the pukebag was needed, Lash still sends Christmas cards to the Wizard for that...lol)

Not so HeavyD...remember the phrase....."So when do we play again, or where does this put us?"...everybody needs a Far----......

I just got physically sick again.......

Guest nwtnsports

My bad, PRR. I knew I had heard it, but forgot you said it first! Thanks for letting me off the hook this time.

Haywood upset third-seed USJ last night. Factor in the return trip, and it's going down next weekend in Brownsville.

I'm feeling sick, too. They might need to start selling bags in Milan's concession stand!

I'm feeling sick, too. They might need to start selling bags in Milan concession stand!

Take a Tums! It'll feel better .. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No doubt Milan is playing the best basketball of late..

Winners of 12 in a row including wins over GC and OC /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Playing on their home floor- they'll be tough to beat .. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Had to be over 100,000 then as he made a hundred every tournament game @ GC

USJ could use some bags as HAYWOOOOOOOOOOD got them last night. I feel so bad all the time, NSHD could I be pregnant, OH NO Is that strip GC blue or OC blue, Westview blue OHHHHH the pain, even more blue Nside OHHHH I may be!!!!

Final from Milan....Martin Westview 52, Dyersburg 30. Congrats to Coach Stephenson on this win. It was supposed to be a close game as it was a 4 v 5 matchup and Westview made a statement. Dyersburg obviously hasn't been playing well as they lost to GC in the final reg. season game 73-31 and then lost to Westview 52-30 tonight. Tough luck for them and good luck next season!

They just said on the radio. This is the 16th straight year Westview has made it to the region tournaments! Awesome Job to them!

Had to be over 100,000 then as he made a hundred every tournament game @ GC

USJ could use some bags as HAYWOOOOOOOOOOD got them last night. I feel so bad all the time, NSHD could I be pregnant, OH NO Is that strip GC blue or OC blue OHHHHH the pain, even more blue Nside OHHHH I may be!!!!

What ARE you talking about?