Lake County vs. Humboldt

LakeCountyFan142311

I think LC can certainly win this game. To do so Channin has to stay out of foul trouble. We have some good young players but based on what I have seen so far I don't see anyone stepping up and filling the void that losing Channin would create. I don't see Avery getting into foul trouble at all. Also the best five players need to start. Will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine. We don't have a starting lineup. I haven't seen Humboldt this year but you have to know they are good. I plan to be there early. Go Falcons!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..what does that mean...Probably that Halls wasn't hitting from the outside that night..From what I read..U.C. struggled with a Bradford team before having a big 3 rd quarter,out scoring Bradford 31-7 and putting the game away and winning 69-49....So..that tells me U.C. must have been behind at the half..Union City beat Bradford by 20 points at U.C...Lake Co had their way with Bradford ,played their reserves early and won by 28 at Bradford..So by your theory..Lake Co should beat U.C. by 8 points..And U.C. beat Humboldt.....Remember two years ago..Humboldt had that loaded team with with Toylon Smith..Kelcey Rose and Epperson and everyone had Humboldt winning and clamiing the 1st place in the district..Lake Co blowed them out at Humboldt..So..You never know how a game plays out..Halls played well that night and if you were there or read about the game you would have seen that Russell ?Avery had 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes and didn't play but about 4 minutes of the first half..And Channin was playing in foul trouble..Let Cordero Wade play just 4 minutes in the first half and Epperson have about 3 fouls and Lake Co going down low,I would think he would play a little softer and I would like Lake Co's chances..So..I wouldn't read to much in the Lake Co-Halls score

No,UC was ahead at half......UC actually outscored Bradford something like 51-17(I guess you can call that struggling) in the second and third periods....UC only scored 4 points in the 4th quarter playing all the freshmen and allowed 15....

UC used the game to practice half-court defense...They did not press at all in the first half....It must be nice to use a district game as a practice session /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> ....Don't be fooled by the 20 point win,it was a blowout...

Union City went down to Halls and beat them with the Tigers shooting well from the outside 98-72 and UC has already beaten Humboldt,holding double-digit leads for alot of the game,in Humboldt....

BTW,Wade and and Epperson won't be in the foul situation you speak of because they are more disciplined than Geanes and Avery...

I don't read too much into the LC-Halls score because for some reason Whitby seems to coach these kids by putting them at a disadvantage.....Look throughout the years at some of the scores LC will beat teams by...Seems they will struggle with teams they should straight murk and then beat a Humboldt 5 out of 6 times.....It's sometimes hard to get a read on this team..I guess you would have to see them every night to understand them....

I left with about a minute to go in the game and Humboldt had a 9 point lead..Lake Co was chasing the ball and Humboldt scored on a layup..Congrats to Humboldt on the win..Epperson also didn't play tonight as he was getting ready for the East-West all-star football game...Had Lake Co wo..we would have heard ..yall won because Epperson didn't play..Had we lost like we did..it's yall must be terrible to let Humboldt win without him..So ..a no win situation..Lake Co pretty well controlled thegame the entire first half..building a 7 or 9 point lead at one time and controlled the tempo of the game....I felt good about how we was playing and Humboldt was having trouble scoring and Russel Avery was lighting them up for about 19 points in the first half..The score was tied with about 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter when Lake Co was bringing the ball down the floor and Carlos Young made a couple lazy passes two times in a row and Humboldt came down and scored on two layups..The very next play Channin Geanes was bringing the ball close to halfcourt..put the ball behind his back and a Humboldt was waiting and stripped him of the ball and another layup..That was the key to the game...Humboldt deserved to win..No excuses..Everyone may be right..Lake Co needs a point guard..But..they'll still give some teams trouble on a certain night with their athleticm and their height...I still think these two teams are close as far as talent..Lake Co played hard and good defense..May have got a little tired as Humboldt had more depth..Cordero Wade is a good player as well as Taylor..but I thought #24 really played well for them tonight..Another key to Lake Co losing was only Russel Avery brought his A game..Russel was the best player on the floor and probably scored 35 points..Humboldt actually gave Patrick Robertson and Abbot good 3 point shots and they may have been a combined 2 for 15..Channin Geanes..supposedely one of the premier players in the West Tenn area needs to step up..He didn't hit but a couple outside shots and maybe scored on a couple drives..He has to control the ball at the top of the key on offense and drive to the basket and either shoot a short jumper,a layup or pass the ball to Russell down low if someone picks him up..I thought Russel Avery was the only player for Lake Co to show up on both ends of the floor..Right now..may just be the best player on the Lake Co team in all aspects or all around game..No whining..No excuses..Humboldt deserved to win..Lake Co has the talent to win..just need better play from the guard spot and lazy passes..May get away with those passes against some teams..but U.C. Humboldt and Trenton will probably be stealing those passes and shooting layups all night long...Congrats again Humboldt

Had I known E.J. wasn't playing I would have picked Lake County.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Scoreboard has Humboldt winning 73-56...

If that's how it ended up..Humboldt must have scored several layups as Lake Co was chasing the ball or shot a bunch of free throws..Wouldn't think we would foul as really not having a chance to win..I would have picked Lake Co had I'd known also..I really don't think Lake Co played really bad..just lazy passes that Humboldt picked off and turned into layups..I thought we had the tempo in our favor...playing good defense..both Russel and Channin on the floor and not in foul trouble..Patrick Robertson was the only player to foul out and he wasn't a factor at all..He had several good looks for 3 point plays and missed all but about 1 shot..Lake Co just had no guard play..No depth..Lake Co had about 3 players to leave the game for a few minutes because of blood on their jersey..I was on pins and needles watching the two replacements at the guard spots when Channin and I believe Carlos left the court to go to the dressing room..Congrats to Epperson on his football nomination and to Humboldt ...Hopefully Russel will get a little help from now on..Had Lake Co had Channin or Patrick hitting from outside..could have been a ball game...I believe Russel will give any team trouble..U.C. included..but after the guard play I saw tonight...U.C. is probably going to be getting a lot of lay-ups..and the score could get ugly!

E J is not the team in fact it's only in the previous two games that he's started playing like the E J of last year. It's nice to know that Humboldt can win without him. Humboldt came out flat in the first period but that had a lot to do with L C press. It took awhile for Humboldt to adjust. The first half wasn't good for them. But they made adjustments in the second. THey stepped up their pressure which affected L C. Tremendous efforts from Cordero Wade 22 points, Tevin Crayton 21 points, and Raymond Parham 14 points as well as good minutes from the others. Russell Avery is the real deal 31 points. Congrats to the Vikings on a great comeback and win.

E J is not the team in fact it's only in the previous two games that he's started playing like the E J of last year. It's nice to know that Humboldt can win without him. Humboldt came out flat in the first period but that had a lot to do with L C press. It took awhile for Humboldt to adjust. The first half wasn't good for them. But they made adjustments in the second. THey stepped up their pressure which affected L C. Tremendous efforts from Cordero Wade 22 points, Tevin Crayton 21 points, and Raymond Parham 14 points as well as good minutes from the others. Russell Avery is the real deal 31 points. Congrats to the Vikings on a great comeback and win.

Big D..Which player was #24..He was very quick and played very well as most of the other players..I knew with Eperson not playing..we would catch some flak as to not being good..But you're right..Humboldt had several other players step up..No excuses from me...Congrats to Humboldt on the win..Looks like it's U.C. and Humboldt and then either Lake Co or Trenton..Lake Co has to have Channin Geanes play better ball .

Well, This just in Lake County isn't good at all. I made the trip to LC last night and should have stayed home. LC played for half and then they left and went home. They had to have had more than 20 TO's on token pressure not that in yo face UC pressure. defrense still a problem and I'm still not impressed with #30 and #31 they just lack intensity. I believe the Avery kid had about 30 pts just was unstoppable kudos to him, the only LC player to show up the whole game. I was waiting for Taylor to get off for Humboldt but they really didn't need him. With Trenton coming up Friday LC will lose two in a row and God speed to you on Jan. 4.

Channin Geanes finished the game with only 1 foul and Russel had 2. Humboldt held Geanes to 10 points and only 3 field goals. Avery had 31, he can shoot the ball!

Epperson didn't play for Humboldt. Tevin Crayton stepped up in his place and had 21 points, Raymond Parham had 14, Hunt chipped in 7, and Cordero Wade had 22. Humboldt led by around 10 points for most of the 4th quarter and outscored Lake Co 44-22 in the second half.

Heard the Falcons only beat Halls by 2(70-68) well dat doesn't say much for the falcons takin on a Humboldt team that beat Halls by about 40 last Friday with a very big game from Hbt's Cordreo Wade who ended up wit about 28...

Halls is a very good boys team this year! Every team has their bad games and the Falcons had one with Halls. Dont judge a whole season on one game. Humbolt will have to see us again! WE COMING TO YALLS DOOR! GET READY! IT SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME.