Next years Maryville Team?

jjones1115

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the Red Rebels have coming back next year? What will they do to replace this bunch of seniors and who will QB the squad next season?

In my eyes i dont know how they are going to win state. They finally lose pretty much all the good position players and even some of their line and defense. But who knows i mean Maryville and GQ always seem to get it done. Its like there just a machine that reloads every year. I have seen what they have coming up and it just doesnt seem possible but who know what Maryville will pop up with next year. I cant see after loosing Burnette, Douglas Shiver Clendenen Rodriguez and few other good players who else is left.

In my eyes i dont know how they are going to win state. They finally lose pretty much all the good position players and even some of their line and defense. But who knows i mean Maryville and GQ always seem to get it done. Its like there just a machine that reloads every year. I have seen what they have coming up and it just doesnt seem possible but who know what Maryville will pop up with next year. I cant see after loosing Burnette, Douglas Shiver Clendenen Rodriguez and few other good players who else is left.

Outside of Douglas and Burnette I was not really very impressed w/ any of their players as far as ability is concerned. With that said, they were all technically sound and obviously very well coached, they will be just fine next year IMHO.....

They will reload again and make another run at a gold ball. It's not the players !!!! It's the coaching and the belief system that they will win every game ..... GQ is the best coach I have ever seen. If he never leaves Maryville, he will break every coaching record in the country ..... As far as wins, state titles, ect....

No clue on who we will be able to replace all our departing stars with next year, but this has happened before about four times where everybody is wondering about a lot of positions during the offseason and Maryville still seems to get it done anyway. Maybe it's the confidence they get after beating Alcoa in the first game nearly every year.

But I do have to say, this might be the first time since 2000 that I think we're going to have so many question marks everywhere. Of course that 2000 team went 0-4 to start the season and then finished 11-4 and won state anyway, went 14-1 in '01 and 15-0 in '02. It's going to be real tough for us to play Alcoa in the first game next year because they return so many starters, so the coaches do have their work cut out for them this offseason if they want to win that game.

It'll be interesting to see what all they do.

Next year will be interesting.

We return 4 in the O-Line who have started.

A battle royal will be on at QB with good prospects and the best QB coach in the state to bring them along (GQ).

RB returns Shuler and probably promising Buddy Jones will be the other starter.

WR returns Jordan, hopefully injured Mason Trenda, and I hear a good transfer is already in school.

Defense returns Justin Smith at DE who should dominant next year. DT has 2 good players in Heath and Sullivan...Marcus Englehardt is good enough that he may see some rare action at both OG and DT.

All 3 starters return at LB.

Brazan and Martin return after both starting games at corner this season. Jordan will probably play some safety along with others......

Next year will be interesting.

We return 4 in the O-Line who have started.

A battle royal will be on at QB with good prospects and the best QB coach in the state to bring them along (GQ).

RB returns Shuler and probably promising Buddy Jones will be the other starter.

WR returns Jordan, hopefully injured Mason Trenda, and I hear a good transfer is already in school.

Defense returns Justin Smith at DE who should dominant next year. DT has 2 good players in Heath and Sullivan...Marcus Englehardt is good enough that he may see some rare action at both OG and DT.

All 3 starters return at LB.

Brazan and Martin return after both starting games at corner this season. Jordan will probably play some safety along with others......

Buddy Jones.....that is a high school running back's name if I have ever heard one.

That transfer your handywork there stars?

By the way, do they give you a break for a week or so, or do you recruit year round? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

By the way, do they give you a break for a week or so, or do you recruit year round? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Solly, when 'st we kongractulated tha teem and eye loaded momma STARS and tha young 'uns up in old Nellie Belle evurbody settled down and took a little nap on tha way back up 840........That iz eveurbody except ole STARS, eye wuz thankin' 'bout headin' down two tha little fellers Sunday Skool class tha next mornin' two check fer enny young 'uns with good speed runnin' down tha hallway....... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Well now that I have two former players nearly out the door of the house, it frees up some bedroom and supper table space, so I can schedule that Missions trip to Russia and maybe find a couple of 6-6 265 pound D tackles to become transfer students. They will learn a great deal from Guidance Counselor Ellis and Mathematics teacher Jimmy Gaylor while they learn about Amerika during a two year visit! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GQ and Co will find a way to get'er done unless that Brinks truck backs up to his door. UT should maybe get rid of Cutt and give the job to GQ. But heck GQ is used to winning and won??™t want lose all the big games like UT has become accustomed to and then pay the coach more money for doing it!

No Worries, the kids will step up and assume their traditional roles of leadership and Maryville football will be just fine.

As starsnbars said, there is already one promising transfer in school and I am sure there will be more to follow. Plus the talent that is already on hand and the very good coaching staff Maryville, will be just fine. I was one that at the first of the year thought Maryvilles streak would come to an end. Obviously I was wrong. So I have to believe it won't ever come to an end.

As far as G.Q. becoming O coordinator at U.T. Certainly he has the ability and knowledge. But one thing to keep in mind when you go to the College level. Everyone gets to recruit.

As far as G.Q. becoming O coordinator at U.T. Certainly he has the ability and knowledge. But one thing to keep in mind when you go to the College level. Everyone gets to recruit.

And there are more morons like you to put up with who give unfounded opinions based on jealous hearsay. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As starsnbars said, there is already one promising transfer in school and I am sure there will be more to follow. Plus the talent that is already on hand and the very good coaching staff Maryville, will be just fine. I was one that at the first of the year thought Maryvilles streak would come to an end. Obviously I was wrong. So I have to believe it won't ever come to an end.

I admit that I am a hater and was a little speculative about all the recruiting talk but after watching that game Sat. evening I will say that they do not recruit. Like I stated earlier, outside of Douglas and Burnette they really didnt have any great athletes/players that were that great IMHO. Lets start w/ that undersized offensive line, they pushed around a bigger, faster, and more athletic MW defensive line and they blocked their butts off. The 2 RBs were not that impressive to me, but to their credit especially the Shuler kid, they ran/played as hard as they possibly could have. I believe either 1 of those guys would be less than average behind a lesser offensive line. The WR were not great athletes either but they ran text-book routes and caught the ball really well. The whole defense just played mistake-free and each guy played their positions text-book but most importantly they played like a very cohesive unit. The bottom line is coaching, they were all technically sound b/c to be honest, if you knew nothing about MHS or MW and compared their personel MW would be favored to win.....