Next years Maryville Team?

jjones1115

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone realize that Maryville is 12 points away from being on a 10 in a row State championship streak??? That right there should just show how impressive MHS has been. This is a true high school football dynasty that started over 10 years ago

Yea, that's a neat point. But look at it like this the 97' loss to Pearl-Conn in the State Game that year 36-16. Then the 99' Semi 29-20 Loss to Knox Central and the 03' 17-14 OT Loss in the Semi to MTown West on top of that. That's two opportunities to advance to the state for chance to win and one loss in the game itself, since the 96' season you could say.

Could have been 11 gold balls in eleven seasons and that is just crazy!

By the way Tornado74 Congratz to Alcoa for what your program has accomplished in their own right. Even more impressive is the fact the Tornados did not see to even have a competitive game all year save for the annual MHS slobbernocker.

I would like to know if any HS football programs in the country whom, have four-peated, have ever before played each other the next season? That's one for the press and history types because that is what kind of game we got coming next season!

I would like to know if any HS football programs in the country whom, have four-peated, have ever before played each other the next season? That's one for the press and history types because that is what kind of game we got coming next season!

And I've got four reserved seats so I don't have to get there so early like this year at Alcoa. There was a great atmosphere at this years game though. The kids really liked the free stuff, and it had a real Freedomfest/Fall Festival atmosphere.

Concerning the transfer thing, I'm not surprised MHS has kids coming there every year. When you've nearly won 11 in 11 state championships, do you REALLY have to recruit? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

"Build it, and they will come..."

Anyway, but the majority of our players have been local-grown, heh.

It is called a TEAM and that is what we have. They are , technically sound and they are average players but they are disciplined and they are conditioned as well as methodical in executing their assignments. It often takes more than pure atheletic ability to get the job done. We'll be just fine.

Very good point. The kids who never get thier names in the paper are the blue collar of the team. Not the largest, fastest or most athletic, just average well coached and displined kids who play every down or just on the scout teams and workout as hard as the "Stars". There is no "I" in TEAM!

As for next year, I don't know who will step up but I expect the Rebels will find a way to win. Five-peat or defeat it does not matter, I'll be in the stands with as much support as ever! Go Reb's.

I will say this...it is one thing to take a uniquely talented group of kids and "ride" them to a title or two. But to win, year after year, with different kids churning through the system. It really is remarkable. Coach Quarles has really built something special up there....and he seems to do it with "ordinary" kids and not a parade of D1 signees.

I will say this...it is one thing to take a uniquely talented group of kids and "ride" them to a title or two. But to win, year after year, with different kids churning through the system. It really is remarkable. Coach Quarles has really built something special up there....and he seems to do it with "ordinary" kids and not a parade of D1 signees.

It takes a group of good assistants too. Speaking of that, any rumors about any of the assistants stepping out for jobs elsewhere? Lot of Head Coaching positions open this season.