Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Yes General it will go like this after tonights games.

1) No one will give much credit to the winning team if any at all.

2) They will say their team had a bad game or some starter would have been out of the game for whatever reason.

3) We will hear how bad the coach was and he didn't substitute right or play the right people.

4) The refs where horrible and it was all home cooking was the reason our team lost.

5) There will be someone on here blasting some young athlete about his ability, character or something else.

6) There will be some blow hard talking about how they could have done this better or that better.

If you read this whole forum that junk makes up about 90% of it. So for what its worth here are my suggestions.

If you are one of those people and you are a student do one of two things!

1) Get off your lazy tush and go play for your school.

2) Support your school with class and don't criticize,slam, or otherwise demean other players or teams.

If you are one of those people and are an adult this is for you!

1) Act like an adult and grow up

2) Go back to school where you can become the next Buck Van Huss

3) Put on a referee shirt and walk the walk not whine and only talk the talk

4) Remember out of all 9 teams there might be if your lucky 9 kids get to play some type of college basketball

For the other 10% I commend you on supporting your team and showing some class.

What if you are a REFEREE and get on this board, what should you do then? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were all on hear patting each other on the back I wouldn??™t bother and neither would you or 90% of the posters on here (I??™ll give you your 10%)??¦and this site would fail overnight! You sound like one of those people that get upset at the games because people are actually yelling at a ballgame. You obviously spent allot of time on your post and I respect that, but in doing so you are merely doing what people do on any message boards and that is exercise your first amendment right to express your opinion. So if some of these conversations get a little ???ugly??? for your taste you can exercise another right you have and LOG OFF! This is IMO intended to be informative and entertaining and I should think that any opinion posted on here is perceived as just that??¦an opinion??¦.nothing more nothing less. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually this site is to promote TSSAA high school athletes. It was not set up to bash or create controversy concerning other teams or coaches that one might dislike. You do have a first amendment right but it does not concern this site. This site is an at will site and you may be dismembered (pun intened) at the owner's choosing. I do agree that it is merely one's opinion of what is said on here and the validity of information given by "Secret ID's" is, at best, gossip column or toiletry reading. What OldDoc was eluding to.....have some class and promote your team. If 90% of talk on here is about putting down a team you dislike, then it goes to show one's character, or lack of. Schools with such rich tradition as DB, TN High, and Science Hill to name a few have prided themselves on having class. This site is a small window of opportunity for some to see the class exemplified by the fans of these highly touted programs. You may go back and see all of my posts on here, and you will find that I have not put down a coach or player or even a team. I try and promote all schools, especially from East TN. CAP.....you have children that have come through this board and been praised as well as talked about. You have to have tough skin to read through all the negativity. And yes you are right......everyone on here has the right to LOGFF and not read this stuff if they so choose. We all have choices to promote or destroy an athlete, coach, school program, or referee. So I ask as what OldDoc eluded to....What is your choice? GOD BLESS!!!!

PS....It was great to see your posts again OldDoc!!!!! Haven't read anything from you in a while.

Also, that was the 2ND FLAGARANT FOUL on Volunteer in the 1st HALF.!! Bennett (mouth piece in place) had already taken Justin Sylvester to the Turf (I mean Court) just a couple of min. before Javian Shivers mugged #42 Hardy. Shivers will be suspended for the next 2 games, that's 10 fouls gone from the Falcons game plan.

The frustrated player, Cradic, was so taken out of the game by the Indians Defense, it wouldn't have matter where he was during the 4th qtr. On the bench or on the court, he was not scoring. Cradic had 3 goods looks at the basket, 1 was a 3pointer and 2 were free throws. He made all 3 shots. I don't think he could even see the goal when he took his other 11 shots from the field.

Charlie Morgan has the Indians playing "Charlie Ball" as he calls it. 10 players play, and play a lot. Every night it seems someone else is the leading scorer with 12 points and the rest of the players have 6-10 pts, every game. DB's defense is awesome.

Roll Tribe Roll

I'm not attempting to defend the flagrant foul in no way with this post. It was a very dangerous, unnecessary and STUPID foul to committ in any manner of sport. I was at the game and when I seen it I was appalled to say the least and I'm glad the young man was not hurt. I'll make this statement in reference to this post and another I saw about if it was at Volunteer they would have been calling for blood! Well one good reasons Keith couldn't see the goal was because of the flagrant foul that happened just minutes after this one where he came off the court with BLOOD pouring out of the left corner of his eye from a very obvious elbow under the basket! So i guess you guys must have called for BLOOD yourselves and got it? I guess it is hard to make your other 11 shots when you got blood in your eye.

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on here. I'm not sure why I even bother responding to your senseless posts. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Then dont reply CAP1! Why is that such a ridiculous statement? Explain it to me.... or do you think your some kind of authority on here that everyone should listen to? IMO and thats all anybody has on here is an opinion you have no credibility whatsoever! You get on here and run your mouth about the almighty THS but then when they lose or something detrimental happens its everyone elses fault ie.. refs, TSSAA, coaches, etc... I dont come here and post my opinion and wonder... What is the great and wise "CAP1" going to think abou this? Because frankly I dont care!

OldDoc.....so much for promoting our teams......No one lets a negative situation die. And we wonder why our youth are as crazy as they are. Adults are setting the example of how to treat your fellow neighbor. GOD BLESS!!!

Ok so................Is Volunteer working on tackling this week in practice? There were several broken and missed tackles in the DB game. As a matter of fact, I only saw one tackle all night! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It's nice to see you've made it back from vacation. I was ready to call out an APB for you WACO..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not attempting to defend the flagrant foul in no way with this post. It was a very dangerous, unnecessary and STUPID foul to committ in any manner of sport. I was at the game and when I seen it I was appalled to say the least and I'm glad the young man was not hurt. I'll make this statement in reference to this post and another I saw about if it was at Volunteer they would have been calling for blood! Well one good reasons Keith couldn't see the goal was because of the flagrant foul that happened just minutes after this one where he came off the court with BLOOD pouring out of the left corner of his eye from a very obvious elbow under the basket! So i guess you guys must have called for BLOOD yourselves and got it? I guess it is hard to make your other 11 shots when you got blood in your eye.

Likewise, I won't defend an "obvious" elbow in an attempt to injure Cradic. I respect the kid as one of the top 2 or 3 shooters in this league and I want to see the best players in the league at there best. First, I have no insight into how the elbow was delivered and the intent behind it. I am totally certain though of the intent behind the foul prior to that which led to the technical/ejection and feel that the refs allowed the game to kind of get away from them way before that and maybe could have cooled heads early on. I will however state that one main difference between the 2 incidents is that I didn't see anyone in the DB stands cheer/clap when Cradic was fouled like I did when Hardy was taken down (the radio announcers even made mention of it). Like I said before, let's just play the games and enjoy the great players in this league. I can't recall a time when there have been so many great shooters in the league and it seems each team has at least one kid that can light it up when given an opening. Just my observation.

Like I said before, let's just play the games and enjoy the great players in this league. I can't recall a time when there have been so many great shooters in the league and it seems each team has at least one kid that can light it up when given an opening. Just my observation.

Great post maroon......too many fans and others can't see the good in this season for all the bad they put before them. I have seen as many pure shooters this season as I have in the past ten combined. I though the jump shot had become a lost art, and it's good to see it back again.

Actually this site is to promote TSSAA high school athletes. It was not set up to bash or create controversy concerning other teams or coaches that one might dislike. You do have a first amendment right but it does not concern this site. This site is an at will site and you may be dismembered (pun intened) at the owner's choosing. I do agree that it is merely one's opinion of what is said on here and the validity of information given by "Secret ID's" is, at best, gossip column or toiletry reading. What OldDoc was eluding to.....have some class and promote your team. If 90% of talk on here is about putting down a team you dislike, then it goes to show one's character, or lack of. Schools with such rich tradition as DB, TN High, and Science Hill to name a few have prided themselves on having class. This site is a small window of opportunity for some to see the class exemplified by the fans of these highly touted programs. You may go back and see all of my posts on here, and you will find that I have not put down a coach or player or even a team. I try and promote all schools, especially from East TN. CAP.....you have children that have come through this board and been praised as well as talked about. You have to have tough skin to read through all the negativity. And yes you are right......everyone on here has the right to LOGFF and not read this stuff if they so choose. We all have choices to promote or destroy an athlete, coach, school program, or referee. So I ask as what OldDoc eluded to....What is your choice? GOD BLESS!!!!

PS....It was great to see your posts again OldDoc!!!!! Haven't read anything from you in a while.

I THINK SOME FOLKS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SUCCESS BEING ENJOYED BY EAST AND VOLUNTEER (DON'T FORGET CENTRAL'S BIG WIN EITHER). THERE ARE THOSE POSTERS (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE JOKER) THAT GET ON HERE AND PROCLAIM NOT HAVING BASHED OTHER PLAYERS ON THEIR KID'S TEAM OR OPPONENT TEAM, THOUGH THEY HAVE DONE JUST THAT -- MAYBE JUST NOT THIS YEAR. THANK YOU GUYS (STOKOMO, MAROON AND GREY, OLD DOC, ETC.) FOR KEEPING THIS BOARD GOING WITH CLASS.

I THINK SOME FOLKS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SUCCESS BEING ENJOYED BY EAST AND VOLUNTEER (DON'T FORGET CENTRAL'S BIG WIN EITHER). THERE ARE THOSE POSTERS (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE JOKER) THAT GET ON HERE AND PROCLAIM NOT HAVING BASHED OTHER PLAYERS ON THEIR KID'S TEAM OR OPPONENT TEAM, THOUGH THEY HAVE DONE JUST THAT -- MAYBE JUST NOT THIS YEAR. THANK YOU GUYS (STOKOMO, MAROON AND GREY, OLD DOC, ETC.) FOR KEEPING THIS BOARD GOING WITH CLASS.

You forgot to mention me. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="