Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Does this include what coaches are teaching their players? Or the kind of actions that coaches and parents defend?

Sniff, sniff....aaahhh! Yep...the smell of negativity at its best. I should have guessed that whenever there is a jab to be thrown, you would do the honors. I wonder though.... is that a direct jab at me or someone else? If it is at me, then you don't know my coaching resume and you surely do not know my character. Let me know which is worse..... an assumption of bad coaching techniques or some "Secret ID" spreading venom? If you have that much of a quarrel with a particular coach, then by all means express yourself to a much broader audience like the Kingsport Times-News or Johnson City Press "Letters to the Editors"....... Oh wait!!!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> You have to give your REAL name to put an article in there. Yeah.... you should stay on here so no one will know who you really are. GOD BLESS!!!!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Edwards leads DB with 30 points tonight as the Indians easily handle Crocket with a 103-75 victory on the road. Central up next on Friday night.

What makes DB so dangerous is that they are a total TEAM. Each night someone else steps up and takes the lead. Who can you stop? No one because almost any of them can crank it up another knotch!!!!

Jordan Edwards leads DB with 30 points tonight as the Indians easily handle Crocket with a 103-75 victory on the road. Central up next on Friday night.

Charlie wasn't too happy that they gave up 75 points. Let's hope he can emphasize that not playing defense will get you beat against good teams (as in Central Friday night). Too many good looks at the basket for Crockett last night.

Sniff, sniff....aaahhh! Yep...the smell of negativity at its best. I should have guessed that whenever there is a jab to be thrown, you would do the honors. I wonder though.... is that a direct jab at me or someone else? If it is at me, then you don't know my coaching resume and you surely do not know my character. Let me know which is worse..... an assumption of bad coaching techniques or some "Secret ID" spreading venom? If you have that much of a quarrel with a particular coach, then by all means express yourself to a much broader audience like the Kingsport Times-News or Johnson City Press "Letters to the Editors"....... Oh wait!!!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> You have to give your REAL name to put an article in there. Yeah.... you should stay on here so no one will know who you really are. GOD BLESS!!!!

You danced all around that question. lol The question was not meant to question your character, from our dialogs on here I respect you for your opinions and the way you share them and for your loyalty to the Volunteer program, its players, and your fellow coaches. However, your continued defense of the style of basketball the Falcons play and for the things that Coach Whitt has said is puzzling and can only be perceived as support for it. You talk of me spreading "venom" and "hate" on this mesage board and ask the queston, "which is worse..... an assumption of bad coaching techniques or some "Secret ID" spreading venom?" I could see your point if there were no evidence supporting my views, but my opinions seem to get validated everytime the Falcons take the floor. So, considering we are past "assuming" and considering that the "venom" that is spread on the court by Volunteer is potentially life-altering, I would have to say that is worse. My motivation for posting about this was to bring light to the subject in hopes something could be done before someone got hurt. Before the season even started I said that if it was allowed to continue that eventually there would be an incident and someone could very well be hurt badly. Was I wrong there? Or did last Friday night confirm it?

At this point its a no-brainer! I don't know how good this Volunteer coach is. Their record is 6 wins & 12 loses, They lost 7 straight at one point and have lost the last two games by a combined 63 points. I think it may be time for him to change his stratagy. This "football" style just ain't cuttin' it. He either teaches it in practice or he has no control over his players. Maybe its time Stokomo took over the program down there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For those that may have missed the DB/Crockett game last night and picked up the SW Va Times-News(/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />) looking for the coverage...don't bother. They chose to cover the Science Hill/Volunteer matchup and the matchup of 1-8 Boone vs. 2-7 South /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Not even a recap or boxscore...how embarrassing. They could have at least sent John Moorehouse since UT football is over (not that he really had any insight other than mostly jabs at the UT fan base). What a joke. Oh well I would rather read Tricitiessports.com anyway since they actually GO to the games.

Maybe its time Stokomo took over the program down there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know as well as I do that getting a head coaching job around here is more about who you know. I am not with the "in" people that move and shake the coachings around here. I'm pretty confident in my ability and the type of program I would instill. You can never go wrong with Fundamentals. With that said......I would never try and undercut a fellow coach for his job. Whitt is also my friend and we roomed together at King College a long time ago. Where I will end up depends on availability and opportunity. If I get the chance to head coach somewhere it will be great. Head Coaching openings are very scarce around here and if one opens up, usually someone that knows someone else on the inside gets the job. We'll see after the season is over. But I don't see much movement in the coaching business.

Floor....you say I danced, but you danced "all around" my opinion. If you were so concerned ab out someone getting hurt, why didn't you write a "Letter to the Editor" of the Times-News or Press? I respect you and we should just move on from here. I respect your point that you made. The future will look much different than the past has anyway. GOD BLESS!!!!

I THINK SOME FOLKS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SUCCESS BEING ENJOYED BY EAST AND VOLUNTEER (DON'T FORGET CENTRAL'S BIG WIN EITHER). THERE ARE THOSE POSTERS (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE JOKER) THAT GET ON HERE AND PROCLAIM NOT HAVING BASHED OTHER PLAYERS ON THEIR KID'S TEAM OR OPPONENT TEAM, THOUGH THEY HAVE DONE JUST THAT -- MAYBE JUST NOT THIS YEAR. THANK YOU GUYS (STOKOMO, MAROON AND GREY, OLD DOC, ETC.) FOR KEEPING THIS BOARD GOING WITH CLASS.

teams mentiond above:

Volunteer: 6 wins 12 loses

Central: 9 wins 10 loses

East: 15 wins 6 loses

Volunteer at one point lost 7 games in a row and has lost their last two games by a total of 63 points. Central, although improved as of late, lost to DB by 52 points and at this point have a losing record (9-10). East, even with a 15-6 record has yet to beat a good team in this weak upper east tennessee region. So where is the "SUCCESS" ?

For those that may have missed the DB/Crockett game last night and picked up the SW Va Times-News(/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />) looking for the coverage...don't bother. They chose to cover the Science Hill/Volunteer matchup and the matchup of 1-8 Boone vs. 2-7 South /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Not even a recap or boxscore...how embarrassing. They could have at least sent John Moorehouse since UT football is over (not that he really had any insight other than mostly jabs at the UT fan base). What a joke. Oh well I would rather read Tricitiessports.com anyway since they actually GO to the games.

You mean that paper is still in print ? I thought they turned that building into a Flee-Market!

No Cap not me. I take it you think I am a referee. Unfortunately I am not in that good of shape to be chasing those young men up and down the floor. I am just an old school guy who likes to watch good competition and not bad sportsmanship and dirty play. I go all the way back to the DB-North Rivalry of Tranbarger (vs) Granville Arnold or TN High (vs) Central who had Steve Crowder. I like to watch all of the good coaches past and present. East TN has been blessed with some great coaches over the years as well as some very good players. I think if I am not mistaken the top 3 winningest coaches in Tennessee are from here, 1) Van Huss 2) Bayless 3) Warren. I just like to see kids being praised and communities supporting their teams and not always slamming or trying to run down them. Most of these kids will play 4 years of basketball and move on. Alot of them will be asked 10 years later why don't you support your old school and most will say that the way it was when I was in school. At your next game count how many former Vikings are in the stands and get back with me.