Union City vs Livingston Academy

UC could be the best team in the state in any class if they play like they did against LA. Congrats UC. LA a 4 or 5 in 14A, why does that even matter if it were true. LA beat Indy, UC beat Sycamore by 10, and Indy beat Sycamore by 20. Teams match up differently.

If LA had converted early it could have been different, but got behind and was forced to pressure more and play from behind outscored UC by 5 inn the second half. Congrats to UC. I'm gonna compliment you without insulting you like others in this thread from UC have done.

Thanks for the very kind words. Union City is good and we get to see them every game...their bad and good games. Some still think we are a ways from being as good as we were last year.

I like to trash talk myself to get folks shook up for the fun of it. Union City though can compete with any team around this area.

Now last year, the team to beat was Liberty out of Jackson...even ranked in the USA Today top 25 and we weren't last or this year anywhere close to them. We even played them last year and was able to play with them for a while.

Like I said, thanks for the kind words. These kids work hard on and off the court, the all have good grades and the coaches care. They represent our community by WELL and we are Pround of them. Shane makes the kids mind and show respect.

Each year, you NEVER see our kids look at the ref's wrong, say anything to them or show any kind of statement showing up other players, teams, fans or ref's.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the very kind words. Union City is good and we get to see them every game...their bad and good games. Some still think we are a ways from being as good as we were last year.

I like to trash talk myself to get folks shook up for the fun of it. Union City though can compete with any team around this area.

Now last year, the team to beat was Liberty out of Jackson...even ranked in the USA Today top 25 and we weren't last or this year anywhere close to them. We even played them last year and was able to play with them for a while.

Like I said, thanks for the kind words. These kids work hard on and off the court, the all have good grades and the coaches care. They represent our community by WELL and we are Pround of them. Shane makes the kids mind and show respect.

Each year, you NEVER see our kids look at the ref's wrong, say anything to them or show any kind of statement showing up other players, teams, fans or ref's.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Just no use insulting LA and middle tn. Both teams showed class. Good luck

UC could be the best team in the state in any class if they play like they did against LA. Congrats UC. LA a 4 or 5 in 14A, why does that even matter if it were true. LA beat Indy, UC beat Sycamore by 10, and Indy beat Sycamore by 20. Teams match up differently.

If LA had converted early it could have been different, but got behind and was forced to pressure more and play from behind outscored UC by 5 inn the second half. Congrats to UC. I'm gonna compliment you without insulting you like others in this thread from UC have done.

Not insulting LA.Just stating that they would be a 4 or 5 in district 14 A.Trust me,if UC wouldve kept attacking and not run clock,LA wouldnt have outscored them by 5.They probably wouldve been down by 25.LA playd hard and never quit and im not taking anything away from them.They are just not better than UC,Humboldt,and Lake Co.Just letting some people that didnt make the trip and some people who say we dont play any good teams know what type of team we playd.To say a team could finish 4th or 5th district 14A is a compliment.

Not insulting LA.Just stating that they would be a 4 or 5 in district 14 A.Trust me,if UC wouldve kept attacking and not run clock,LA wouldnt have outscored them by 5.They probably wouldve been down by 25.LA playd hard and never quit and im not taking anything away from them.They are just not better than UC,Humboldt,and Lake Co.Just letting some people that didnt make the trip and some people who say we dont play any good teams know what type of team we playd.To say a team could finish 4th or 5th district 14A is a compliment.

cool. there are so many ifs that could have changed this game. if LA had converted early they may never have fallen behind. but its over. i predict UC as state champs. good luck

UC is a great shooting and rebounding team. I noticed, according to their schedule, that before coming to middle TN, UC was averaging about 88 points per game. Only about 72 points per game in the Battle for the State against 3 middle TN teams. Just an observation.

Merry Christmas!!

You are right about that....Union City adapted to the style of play....Mt.Juliet was a slow,methodical,physical team..In the Sycamore game where UC scored 76 it was more of a case where UC started holding the ball with close to 5 minutes left in the game....In the LA game where LA tried to run with the Tornadoes it was again where UC was slowing down there in the fourth quarter...The difference is in West Tn teams will run with you most of the time...Then there are the teams that are just not that good that UC will run out of the gym,even putting freshmen in the entire 4th quarter....Last season UC went up there and scored over 100 on White House,91 on Ensworth and 74 on Brentwood Acd....So,even though their scoring dropped,they still won the games....That shows they have a coach that can make adjustments and players that are coachable...One thing that won't change is their effort,their hustle...They are rentlentlesss on the boards....They outrebounded everyone up their with probably the smallest line-up...They also played this tournament(the last two games) without one of their best players..Tony Wilkins can jump out of the building and is their second leading scorer..Shows they have depth as well....It is good to be exposed to this type of play in this type of arena...Except for the crowds,this tournament gives you a state tournament feel....

Humbolt would have won this tournament as well.

I cant say that they would have or if they wouldnt have,because you have to play the game.I can say this though,Haywood Co didnt win a game in this tournament and Haywood beat Humboldt by 7 points in a Hall Of Fame game.Haywood lost by 10,10,and 2 points.So i just cant say that Humboldt couldve won it.Not taking anything away from Humboldt,because they are a very good team and one that i dont want to see UC face in the regional semis again this year.

Not talking trash, but we all know what the what if's do, they do not play the game.

I noticed that on the main thread for the Battle of the State. Everyone was saying if their team would've slowed it down, if their team would've rebounded more, and the big IF is if we would've scored more points.... If every team had the what if's against Union City there wouldn't be anymore what if's to come up with. Admit the facts that Union City is just that much better.

Humbolt would have won this tournament as well.

So you are saying they both would have won? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If LA would finish 4 or 5 in your district, someone from there must win the state every year--like LA's football region!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />