Midstate top 10 comes out monday!

Jim Harrick

Congrats on a good ,but you guys didn't play anyone in the top 10 in the midstate, Mt. Juliet has a losing record !! (2-6) and you guys only beat them by 5 points ???

Ah.....I believe we beat Livingston Acd. in the Championship game and their lister #10 on the above list. WE lead by at least 20 points most of the game.

Look....no matter what you say, there aren't maybe 1 or 2 teams in the entire middle Tennessee are that could come close to beating Union City. Come to the western part of the State and see how tough it is. Also, when the state rankings come out, look at how many West Teams are in the top 10 verses the mid or eastern part of the state.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah.....I believe we beat Livingston Acd. in the Championship game and their lister #10 on the above list. WE lead by at least 20 points most of the game.

Look....no matter what you say, there aren't maybe 1 or 2 teams in the entire middle Tennessee are that could come close to beating Union City. Come to the western part of the State and see how tough it is. Also, when the state rankings come out, look at how many West Teams are in the top 10 verses the mid or eastern part of the state.

Well I can't recall all the past state winners in boys AAA basketball, but I know last year Maryville(East Tenn) beat Clarksville(Middle Tenn) 69-66, and the year before that Memphis Hamilton(West Tenn) beat Shelbyville(Middle Tenn) 76-75. Don't get me wrong I know basketball is very good in West Tenn, especially in Memphis area, but your statement about Union City is laughable!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well I can't recall all the past state winners in boys AAA basketball, but I know last year Maryville(East Tenn) beat Clarksville(Middle Tenn) 69-66, and the year before that Memphis Hamilton(West Tenn) beat Shelbyville(Middle Tenn) 76-75. Don't get me wrong I know basketball is very good in West Tenn, especially in Memphis area, but your statement about Union City is laughable!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What's so "laughable" about ( 4 ) Gold Basketballs, one of them just two years ago. We are undefeated and at least half of our wins have come from AAA teams.

It use to be that to get to the State Tournament, you had to go through Memphis but NOT anymore. You either have to come throught Union City, Lake County, Humboldt or Jackson.

Just go back to the TSSAA website and the past records, how many teams from the West have been there.

Just stating the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1)CPA

2)Antioch

3)White County

4)Lavergne

5)Mcgavock

6)Gallatin

7)Franklin

8)Clarksville

9)White House

10)Livingston Academy

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> CPA is the real deal.

A three point win over Lipscomb isn't that impressive.

Doesn't lipscomb have 4 losses?

That is a rivalry game and will usually be close, but a 44 point win over Harpeth with one starter out that got hurt in the Lipscomb game is impressive. CPA's only loss this season is to the #1 team in Kentucky by 14.

What's so "laughable" about ( 4 ) Gold Basketballs, one of them just two years ago. We are undefeated and at least half of our wins have come from AAA teams.

It use to be that to get to the State Tournament, you had to go through Memphis but NOT anymore. You either have to come throught Union City, Lake County, Humboldt or Jackson.

Just go back to the TSSAA website and the past records, how many teams from the West have been there.

Just stating the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

number one this is a midstate poll! last time i checked union city was on the west side of the tennessee river. number two, i probably wouldn't rank union city in the top ten in tennessee cause they are several teams in west tennessee that are a lot better. for example, union city beat jackson south side by 15 points. dyer county beat jackson south side by 41 points. white county beat dyer county.

PRESEASON TOP 10

1. Antioch ??”Five returning starters, two top transfers and a winning coach.

2. Gallatin ??” Seven seniors, including 6-6 post MarSallis Malone (73% FG).

3. Wilson Central ??”Loaded with good players who gained experience last season.

4. White County ??”What it lacks in defense, it easily makes up for in offense.

5. Franklin ??”Reached sectional last year and has a junior class that's stacked.

6. Clarksville ??” Graduated key pieces, but a great point guard goes a long way.

7. Ensworth ??” Solid supporting cast features Gary Pope, Miles Asafo-Adjei.

8. Shelbyville ??” Emmanuel Andrews called a sharp-shooting Dequan Twilley.

9. Centennial ??” Can challenge Franklin in District 11-AAA if its guards step up.

10. Station Camp ??” The lone AA team, but CPA and White House right behind.

My opinion ..

1. Antioch

2. LaVergne

3. White County

4. Franklin

5. McGavock

6. Gallatin

7. Oakland

8. Clarksville-Northeast

9. Centennial

10. CPA

PRESEASON TOP 10

1. Antioch ??”Five returning starters, two top transfers and a winning coach.

2. Gallatin ??” Seven seniors, including 6-6 post MarSallis Malone (73% FG).

3. Wilson Central ??”Loaded with good players who gained experience last season.

4. White County ??”What it lacks in defense, it easily makes up for in offense.

5. Franklin ??”Reached sectional last year and has a junior class that's stacked.

6. Clarksville ??” Graduated key pieces, but a great point guard goes a long way.

7. Ensworth ??” Solid supporting cast features Gary Pope, Miles Asafo-Adjei.

8. Shelbyville ??” Emmanuel Andrews called a sharp-shooting Dequan Twilley.

9. Centennial ??” Can challenge Franklin in District 11-AAA if its guards step up.

10. Station Camp ??” The lone AA team, but CPA and White House right behind.

My opinion ..

1. Antioch

2. LaVergne

3. White County

4. Franklin

5. McGavock

6. Gallatin

7. Oakland

8. Clarksville-Northeast

9. Centennial

10. CPA

Oakland beat Lavergne. Might have to swap them around.