Midstate top 10 comes out monday!

Jim Harrick

Yea, but if you dont think the rivalry between the two schools has something to do with the outcome of that game you are sadly mistaken. AA and AAA are also two differents talents as well.

No trust me, I know all about rivalries. However, regardless of how tight Lipscomb played them, I simply wasn't amazed by the talent CPA put on the floor. Miller and Mason are as good as any tandem in AA, and I think this team will make a run to sectionals at the very least, but I don't know about them winning state and I definitely don't think they would have the exact same success at the AAA level for the reason you just said...two different talent levels. CPA is a good team and they are extremely well-coached.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed.

Just wait HHS, these people aren't used to CPA being good at basketball. When CPA wins state this year and returns their best 3 players next year, they'll turn around.

People not used to CPA being good at basketball haven't been paying very close attention. Between 2000-2005 there were 101 wins (20 per year), 3 sweet sixteens, 2 regular season district championships, 2 region tournament championships, and 1 state tournament final four.

Last year there were 27 wins (maybe 28) and this current team has the benefit of having its three best players together last year, this year and next year. That is a luxury few teams ever have. Consistently CPA will have the best interior player on the floor that few teams on their schedule, if any, will be able to match up with (a real difference maker both offensively and defensively) and a perimeter that will be as good if not better than any other perimeter on the floor. Certainly there will not be a better outside shooter or ball quick handler. (And at times they will have the two best perimeter players on the floor.) In basketball, particularly high school, when you can take the floor night in and night out with the best interior and best perimeter, you have a great chance of being successful. Plus, there are others that make good, positive contributions as well.

When all said and done the 2000 decade should be a very good one for CPA basketball.

What's so "laughable" about ( 4 ) Gold Basketballs, one of them just two years ago. We are undefeated and at least half of our wins have come from AAA teams.

It use to be that to get to the State Tournament, you had to go through Memphis but NOT anymore. You either have to come throught Union City, Lake County, Humboldt or Jackson.

Just go back to the TSSAA website and the past records, how many teams from the West have been there.

Just stating the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take this wrong. UC is good, but good teams seam to fall and they will. The big Question will be how they will respound to getting beat. About the 4 gold basketball they are just dust collectors. The only one that matters is the one for this year.

For SURE, Union City Golden Tornadoes are # 1 in the mid state ranking since we just came up there and walked away as the Battle Of The State Champions as CHAMPIONS. The ONLY Single A team in the tournament and everyone we beat ( 3 AAA Teams ) was from the mid state so that would rank us #1. We are #1 state wide!

So you beat a few mediocre AAA teams from mid Tn. Congratulations. Livingston Acadamy is AA. Your people down there in the West should schedule some of these sorry teams. Try Murf. Oakland White co. Antioch Shelbyville Gallatin CPA. I will give you credit for one thing you sure are confident. Triple A teams have nothing to win when they play double A and single A teams. If they lose everyone says ooooo you are sorry you lost to a little single A school. If they win everyone says you should win you are triple A. FANS YOU GOTTA LOVE US. MIDDLE TN. B. BALL IS WAY SUPERIOR TO WEST TN. NO COMPARISON

it is interesting to see how no one has even mentioned ensworth, let alone insert them into the top ten. I'm not being biased, but its surprising no one has said anything about them they are a very very good team. Especially without Tavarres Jefferson who is one of the better players in the state as a junior. Jefferson, Gary Pope, and Miles Asafo-Adjei who are taking the lead roles for ensworth this season, all play on Z Mason and Hunter Miller's aau team during the summer and simply take over. Right now, Ensworth is in the Naples Florida tournament and they are competing in the finals today. Your thoughts?

So you beat a few mediocre AAA teams from mid Tn. Congratulations. Livingston Acadamy is AA. Your people down there in the West should schedule some of these sorry teams. Try Murf. Oakland White co. Antioch Shelbyville Gallatin CPA. I will give you credit for one thing you sure are confident. Triple A teams have nothing to win when they play double A and single A teams. If they lose everyone says ooooo you are sorry you lost to a little single A school. If they win everyone says you should win you are triple A. FANS YOU GOTTA LOVE US. MIDDLE TN. B. BALL IS WAY SUPERIOR TO WEST TN. NO COMPARISON

Much as I would love for you to be right, this statement couldnt be further from the truth. Basketball in west tn is just on a whole other level.