Midstate top 10 comes out monday!

Jim Harrick

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Northeast and Ensworth definitely desrve consideration for the top ten, but Ensworth has a loss to a Columbia which clouds the issue for me, and Northeast struggled some at the beginning of the season. Perhaps Northeast struggled due to football players missing/just returning? Not the case with Ensworth, as their loss to Columbia was December 20th.

As for Franklin vs. CPA, that would be a game worth watching, but I give the nod to Franklin. Too much depth, and the coaching would be a draw, whereas most nights CPA has a coaching advantage. To answer someone's earlier question, I don't think CPA wants any part of AAA on a nightly basis, although they would do just fine here and there.

When it's all said and done, I think that Antioch is at the top and everyone else is playing for second place. Just my opinion.

What's so "laughable" about ( 4 ) Gold Basketballs, one of them just two years ago. We are undefeated and at least half of our wins have come from AAA teams.

It use to be that to get to the State Tournament, you had to go through Memphis but NOT anymore. You either have to come throught Union City, Lake County, Humboldt or Jackson.

Just go back to the TSSAA website and the past records, how many teams from the West have been there.

Just stating the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You nutsssss. How about Temple.

If Miller, Anderson and Mason all get hot it would be 10 to 15 for CPA. Lots of ifs and buts in these scenarios.

Right, so leaving all of the ifs and buts out of this, Franklin is the better team night in and night out. The Rebels go like 12 players deep and all are capable of scoring double digits on any given night...In fact, NINE different Franklin players have scored 10 points in a single game this season. The starting 5s are pretty much even but Franklin's bench would dominate CPA's, no question about it.

I think Northeast and Ensworth definitely desrve consideration for the top ten, but Ensworth has a loss to a Columbia which clouds the issue for me, and Northeast struggled some at the beginning of the season. Perhaps Northeast struggled due to football players missing/just returning? Not the case with Ensworth, as their loss to Columbia was December 20th.

As for Franklin vs. CPA, that would be a game worth watching, but I give the nod to Franklin. Too much depth, and the coaching would be a draw, whereas most nights CPA has a coaching advantage. To answer someone's earlier question, I don't think CPA wants any part of AAA on a nightly basis, although they would do just fine here and there.

When it's all said and done, I think that Antioch is at the top and everyone else is playing for second place. Just my opinion.

I totally agree. CPA is a very good AA team. That's still not AAA ball. Not close. CPA doesn't have enough depth to go head to head with very good AAA teams on a night to night basis. Their bench is about 2 deep. Neither does Union City for that matter.

I'd say middle of the pack in a top 10 midstate is about where CPA belongs, not taking anything away from them. They are a very solid AA program. Liberty Tech they are not.

Right, so leaving all of the ifs and buts out of this, Franklin is the better team night in and night out. The Rebels go like 12 players deep and all are capable of scoring double digits on any given night...In fact, NINE different Franklin players have scored 10 points in a single game this season. The starting 5s are pretty much even but Franklin's bench would dominate CPA's, no question about it.

Night in, Night out I'm will still take CPA over Franklin because CPA has a better starting 5 than Franklin and until you can beat their starting 5 it does not matter what the bench brings.

This response was to playing a AAA schedule not A. Just because they are private doesn't mean they can recruit, only Div II can offer aid.

Why are you trying to get on here and insult our intelligence? CPA DOES and ALWAYS HAS recruited! They are a private school!!. Their enrollement does not come from their surrounding "area" it comes from ALL over the state. Please give us all a break will you! Regardless they have a fine squad and for all i know are in complete compliance with TSSAA rules which makes them LEGAL so its a moot point IMHO. However they aren't anywhere near as good as teams like White Co., Antioch or Oakland. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ah.....I believe we beat Livingston Acd. in the Championship game and their lister #10 on the above list. WE lead by at least 20 points most of the game.

Look....no matter what you say, there aren't maybe 1 or 2 teams in the entire middle Tennessee are that could come close to beating Union City. Come to the western part of the State and see how tough it is. Also, when the state rankings come out, look at how many West Teams are in the top 10 verses the mid or eastern part of the state.

Here we go again with the West Tn thing. First of all lets get some facts straight which you have decided to leave out. Livingston Aca is not AAA they are AA. Secondly after next year UC will also be AA as they have an enrollment exceeding 700 right now playing in Class A, against schools with an average enrollement of 300 so you do the math oh mighty kreskin! My last and MOST IMPORTANT fact is out class A, AA, and AAA 2 out of 3 are from EAST of the Tennessee river so lets give the whole "west tn dominace" thing a rest. There is very little defense played over there as we all know and it usually shows up at tournament time. So enjoy your last year in Class A UC man as after that i don't think you'll be heard from as often. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />