Quarles interviews at UT

Solomon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he just keeps interviewing with The Great Pumpkin because he didn't have anything to do on those particular days? He's already been quoted many times as to his desire to get a coaching position at Tennessee so I'm not sure how you arrived at a different conclusion than he has described he desires. If The Pumpkin calls he will come.

Maybe he can bring some values and guidance to the "punks" (only referencing the thugs that we all read about in the paper not the majority of good kids at UT) that are out doing drugs with potential recruits and giving our school a good name. TGP should run those kids off with no questions asked. Tolerance of drugs in the program has no place at UT or any other University or High School.

Good luck to GQ and Go Vols!

Ole Dad

GQ will not leave for UT. Why? From all reports I have heard he is a true family man with young children. If this is true, he will not be comfortable out on the road recruiting as much as he prolly have to be.

Ole Dad,

You know GQ ain't wanting to be away from the wife and kids as much as college coaches are. Either the Great Pumpkin didn't offer him the job OR he didn't except it. Either way he is still at Maryville where he can come and go with a lot more freedom than he would have at UT. My bet is he wasn't offered the job. Now before you get all upset off think about this...on the road recruiting in the fall, winter and spring. Many more hours in the office than he puts in at Maryville. Being offered the postion of: THE TIGHT END COACH, whoopty poop. Considering THE TE plays maybe 25 plays in a game. GQ is right where he needs to be! And that ain't a bad place to be.

Ole Dad,

You know GQ ain't wanting to be away from the wife and kids as much as college coaches are. Either the Great Pumpkin didn't offer him the job OR he didn't except it. Either way he is still at Maryville where he can come and go with a lot more freedom than he would have at UT. My bet is he wasn't offered the job. Now before you get all upset off think about this...on the road recruiting in the fall, winter and spring. Many more hours in the office than he puts in at Maryville. Being offered the postion of: THE TIGHT END COACH, whoopty poop. Considering THE TE plays maybe 25 plays in a game. GQ is right where he needs to be! And that ain't a bad place to be.

Going to be interesting what the TE's will do with the NEW OC at UT. My bet is that they will become way more involved than they have in the past.

My bet is that the guy who got it is because of the 'college' coaching experience he already has.

If GQ EVER wants to Coach at the college level he HAS to get some assistant time in first. You just do NOT walk right in to a college HC job as there is TOO much money involved nowadays. Unfortunately that does involve travel as it is part of the job.

On the upside for the rest of us in Murfreesboro, we WILL be able to continue to watch Maryville for at least one game a year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is the bet: after Maryville wins another title in '08 (possibly), they will be moved into 5A. Now the empire starts to crumble. They will not win a 5A title for 5 years!

I'd say it will depend on whether they can keep the entire staff together at Maryville as to how they will do in 5a as they can do that now with what they have. Maybe not the gold ball every year, but they will be a power to contend with every year. Maryville CAN play with the teams in 5A and they have the student base to do it also. The only thing that could hurt them severely is how they will handle the TOUGHER compitition that 5A will bring. Won't be no cupcake games in 5A that they have now to let key players to heal up with.

Keys to the continued success will be Staff staying together and future schedule as to exactly what Region they will be in.

For years they have had the greatest schedule. Now when they get into 5A, there butts will be travelling just like the rest of the world does. They have never played anyone outside of Blount Co in a non-region game, if my memory is correct. The farthest they have to travel for a reg. season game is to Clinton. When they get into 5A they will be on the road week after week. They scrimmage DB and OR but playing them instead of scrimmaging MIGHT BE DIFFERENT. Same with SDHS (and that aint South Doyle) and OHS and Farragut.

Here is the bet: after Maryville wins another title in '08 (possibly), they will be moved into 5A. Now the empire starts to crumble. They will not win a 5A title for 5 years!

Excuse me Sir.. As much as I like the BIG MV I'm not prepared to give them a State Championship victory this year. Just to go on the record for 08, I will make my pick for 4A and it will be the Henry Co. Patriots winning the State 4A Golden ball. I also pick our Clarksville Wildcats to win another 6 4A region. This will be a year of changes for Tennessee Prep football IMO. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />