Will Pinkstaff go with Baylor

wrestlingman06

I would drop this subject! If the Pinkstaff family has done something to make you take this subject so far, I'm sure that a simple direct Q/A between the two of you would come to a calm conclusion. As everyone knows, Pinkstaff's family does read the posts on Coach T. If this is a TRUE issue, than let's keep the posts as a reply to the topic. If Pinkstaff goes to Baylor, I would hope that anyone would be happy for Nelson. There is no need to support any negative information without fact. And just to answer your question, I do think highly of the Pinkstaff family. They never have anything negative to say on this thread or in person. As I said, DROP THIS SUBJECT. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Ok im giving up...its like your trying to kill an ant with a nuke....Look...your making this a bigger deal than what it really is...For some reason you, nodoginrace, your looking way to far into this...webb wrestling is not any good and you can bash it all you want...i am not a student, teacher, coach, or even have a kid that goes there... i understand you are jumping on me because i said a kid was asked to leave a school.... i guess i should have left that fact out when trying to detail a point...as he was only in the 3rd or 4th grade. This topic is about where Pinkstaff will end up. All i was saying, if you look at my origional comment, was that while some people are saying that he may go to baylor i was saying that he may very well stay because of his relationship to his Coach...i was detailing their relationship! Pinkstaff is a great athlete.....i hope CAK does not loose him to Baylor. CAK is an up and comming program...esp. if they have Pinkstaff on their team.

I was not present...so I will be forced to rely on the media and hear-say.... But I was led to believe that a freshman CAK wrestler beat a senior Webb wrestler??? I also was told that Webb's Campbell was defeated as well.?? Maybe Webb should have done more to keep a good coach.

just so we're all straight here...

campbell was defeated in ot by daniel shurina, the co-outstanding wrestler of the tourn, who is a great wrestler at knox catholic. the last 4-5 times they've met it has been a toss up. do you know how difficult it is to wrestle someone over and over?

and oh yeah, there was a freshman on webb's squad, since we are discussing freshmen, who won the other ow award by not even being scored upon.

all that to say, the tournament was a little skewed by the fact that 4 kil teams chose not to attend this year's traditional city championship tournament.

i don't really appreciate being badmouthed by the faceless.

webb head coach

ryan welch

please note...he has wrestled on the middle school level.

New to the wrestling boards, but I just wanted to weigh in and try and provide some perspective from a Knoxville wrestling fan who's an "outsider".

Coach Candela is a great guy and a good coach doing well at CAK. CAK has obviously improved dramatically over the last several years.

Coach Welch came into Webb last year and is obviously doing good things there, too. Webb's City championship last year along with 4 placers in the State Div II tournament is evidence of that (Coach Welch can correct me if I got that wrong).

The point for Knoxville area wrestling fans is that we need to keep improving so that we can catch up with the Chattanooga area teams; which seems to be the "cradle" of wrestling in this State, and so that we don't face the possibility of losing a talented prospect like Nelson Pinkstaff to one of those teams.

Regards and compete hard in the State championships coming up!

pinkstaff was asked to leave webb in 4th grade cause apparently he kept bullying kids around. not sure how relevant that is to the original question of whether or not he is going to baylor. and pinkstaff's dad wasnt the coach of webb when he was asked to leave so whoever said that earlier is just an idiot. also, i doubt pinkie is going to baylor cause his dad is one of the coaches of cak along with candela. also, its not like baylor is going to do much difference for him. obviously, pinkie has been getting along just fine on his own because he's been going to national tournaments since the age of about 6 and been doing pretty well in all of them. not to mention he can probably bench press about 245 by now.

on another note, people seem to be bashing webb or knoxville wrestling in general but the fact of the matter is that webb is one of the few schools in knoxville that actually make a point to wrestle in some of the tougher tournaments in tennessee instead of sticking around knoxville and wrestling just themselves and then getting rocked in the state tournament. i am not associated to webb but just able to open my eyes a little bit and see what's going on with knoxville wrestling.

and on that note, frankly i dont see why we have 14+ pages on whether a kid in 8th grade whos preoccupied aol instant messaging and working on his myspace is going to either cak or baylor. we all need to get back to our jobs, wife, kids, etc and let this kid whos probably had his grades drop by a letter grade by now cause of how much he's been reading this get back to focusing on doing homework, getting girls numbers, and wrestling for fun. or in otherwise, just being a normal 8th grader.

on that note, i'm going to go do some homework.

get over yourselves.

-mr.1480