• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

Congrats to Milan on a big win at home.

Obion Co. 22 10 10 14 - 56

Milan 13 13 16 15 - 57

Leading scorers: OC - Roney 19, Fussell 14, G. Reedy 11; M - Poston 18, Gray 16, Joyner 13

Field goals: OC 19-51 (37%), M 23-40 (57%)

Rebounds: M 24, OC 21

Turnovers: M 14, OC 10

Agreed, Great game to watch. Roney is amazing. How many times she can launch a shot and it seems to find the bottom of the net, time after time. Give her credit, she never quits, never. Reedy opened the game with 2 bombs, great set shooter. Thought gray did about as well as can be expected on fussell, 11 points, I think.

I said it last time, and I 'll go ahead and get it out of the way this time. The flagrant, cheap shot, intentional elbows to the face makes your team look like thugs. Your team leader Roney doesn't resort to it, others should not either. OC players, fans, and coaches surely can correct that issue, as I know there is more class to the program than that.

Thought Chantell showed up about 75% of the game. Glenn was in Europe or somewhere. Joyner stepped up big, and showed a lot of heart and guts, taking the elbow and then wiping off the blood and taking it right to the hole for 2 and then stepping up and hitting the end of the game free throws. Gray, Hamm, Simpson & Caldwell were all solid.

Game just helped Milan get closer to that 3rd place finish in the regular season, barring some more upsets. Don't know how Gc turned out, but if they won, they are in the drivers seat and control their own destiny, as well as OC controlling theirs for 2nd. Other than another great 13AA game, it meant a little confidence to Milan. There are bigger games to come, but what a preview.

Big win for Milan. Late in the second quarter it was 30-20 Obion with the Rebels in what seemed like control of the game. But then Milan ends the half with a 6-2 run and goes in down 32-26. Milan opens the second half with a Poston 3ptr and it was a new ball game. I thought Milan's defense in the second half really stepped up and competed. Gray did a monster job containing Fussell, which was the difference in the game. Big time free throws by non-seniors Joyner and "Q" in the last minute prevented Roney from stealing it at the end. The Lady Bulldogs appear to be saying "I'm not dead yet." You just gotta love this District 13 action.

I said it last time, and I 'll go ahead and get it out of the way this time. The flagrant, cheap shot, intentional elbows to the face makes your team look like thugs. Your team leader Roney doesn't resort to it, others should not either. OC players, fans, and coaches surely can correct that issue, as I know there is more class to the program than that.

I agree with you.. OC has always had tendencies to flagrantly throw elbows and such to the face. I don't know if they are taught that or it just runs down from players to players every year because it's not stopped. I think i could repsect such a talented team more if they we're so dirty. They have great players that work hard and well together. I just think they should play like the game should be played.

Congratulations to Milan on a big district win! That district sounds like it has a lot of action between some great teams! Hope to have some west tn teams winning big this year in state!

Early on it looked like it would be a blowout by Obion Co. Milan made a little run right before the half to cut the lead. Poston's three pointer to start the second half was huge. Milan executed a play to end the third quarter as well as I have ever seen them execute, with Glenn getting a lay up with 1 sec to go to tie the game. Joyner played well the whole game but her response to the cheap-shot elbow to the face (What constitutes a flagrant foul if this wasn't one?) was inspiring. In fact, all of the Milan players on the floor came to check on her and that incident seemed to strengthen their resolve to win. The key to the game was the Milan defense in the second half and I give Coach Volbert credit for making adjustments and getting the players to execute down the stretch.

I agree with you.. OC has always had tendencies to flagrantly throw elbows and such to the face. I don't know if they are taught that or it just runs down from players to players every year because it's not stopped. I think i could repsect such a talented team more if they we're so dirty. They have great players that work hard and well together. I just think they should play like the game should be played.

Congratulations to Milan on a big district win! That district sounds like it has a lot of action between some great teams! Hope to have some west tn teams winning big this year in state!

I've seen OC several times and never noticed them throwing cheap elbows. I'm sure they have, but I haven't noticed it in every game I've seen. Just because someone from your team gets caught with one doesn't mean the other team is a dirty team because your team may do it as well and you may not see it that way.

My question is, what else can you do whenever a girl is all over you trying to steal the ball and your trying to get the ball upcourt. One good elbow and she won't do it again. I know it sounds dirty but it's part of the game.

You have got to be kidding me... that was a pretty lame statement... you are condoning throwing elbows.... are you serious!!!... a great player should not resort to that kind of cheap shot...accident is one thing but on purpose is another...I did not see the game last night (OC vs Milan) so i can't comment on that one... but have seen OC play and they throw some cheap shots quite often... and get away with it... but they are not the only team...when a player intentionally tries to hurt another player.... that should not be tolerated... by any coach...