DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan got lucky. Siegel will dominate this year. They already have a great head coach but added another coach from a dominant middle school program. The guy is a baseball stud! Good pitching, good fielding, good hitting, great senior leadership...yes they will dominate. Go Stars!!!!

I can't wait to get my lawn mower.

Who is the coach they added?

riverdaleman, I haven't made it by OHS to check the Pats out this year. I will say that Tyler Burnett is doing well at Middle though! He knocked in the winning run against Arkansas! Kenneth Roberts of Siegel pitched the win! Great to see our district well-represented at MTSU.

Blackman is 3-0 and beat Montgomery Central 17-2 today but does anyone have any details?

College isn't allowing me to see them play.

To be truthful MC had nothing or at least threw nothing. I think it was their JV pitchers. BHS has been hitting well and the fielding is solid. They lost Sunday to Independence but didn't throw the normal starters and had 4 stupid baserunning mistakes. So as long as they don't beat themselves it should be a pretty good year the main problem is once again going to be pitching, there are 3 solid starters and there is good depth but nothing really outstanding in terms of complete shutdown pitchers, but the fielding and hitting is plenty good enough to win several games and contend for the district title.

Oh, what a way to start the district slate... Oakland tomorrow (away) and Wednesday (home).

GREAT GAME TONIGHT BY THE WARRIORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE TONIGHT AND AUSTIN HURT PITCHED AN AWESOME GAME HE GOT STRONGER AS THE GAME WENT ON GREAT JOB LITTLE HURT!!!!

WC hit the ball pretty good but our defensee made some really nice plays to end whatever threat was posed on us

our biggest threat was in the first inning when WC had runners on first and second with no outs hurt struck out one guy for the first out then a ground out to first base and then i think either a strike out or a ground out to third to end the inning

we got our run in on the runners at first and third and did a great job of base running to get them in

GREAT JOB GUYS SEE YOU TOMORROW AT THE RESERVATION

What a great game tonight at Oakland!

First off congratulations Blackman on the huge 2-1 win.

Great team play with Robbie Cooper pitching 6 innings with 12 K's, 3 hits and 3 walks. Game went into extra innings with Blackman finally plating the eventual game winner in the 9th. In the top of the 9th, Justin Bowers hit a one out triple. Dylan Myers was then hit by a pitch and Robbie Cooper plated the winning run ny grounding a ball between 1st and 2nd in the hole so there was no chance of a double play. He reached on a fielding error.

The bottom of the 9th brought Oakland's McConnell, Dodd, and Parsley to the plate. McConnell flew out to center then Dodd struck out. Parsley then doubled to center before Jonathan Sisco finally got the win for the Blaze.

Sisco pitched 3 innings giving up 2 hits, 3 or 4 walks, and had I believe 4 k's.

Cody Barrett suffered the loss for the Pats.

Way to go Blaze now let's go get the sweep and really start this season off right!

Cookeville wins 3-2 tonight Over the Siegel Stars in a team effort. Senior Bo Reeder gives up two unearned in the first inning of his first appearance on the mound as a Cavalier and then shuts down the Stars the rest of the way. Seniors Brandon Farley, Jerred Griggs and Michael Cox come through with big hits. Its great to see these guys pull out a big district win against a good Siegel team. The Cavs don't get a lot of press or attention outside of Cookeville, but they work hard and as a Cavalier fan I am very proud and happy for them. Great job tonight guys!

From the looks of the other scores on the night - this District could be a dog fight every night.