7aaa all-distict team

14pioneers

He comes from a long line of good basketball players. His Mom also was good she played Juco and his aunt Nena played for UMKS. His Grandad was an awesome player also. That is the reason he is such a good fundamental player. He knows the game and is a 4.0 student so he understands a play when it is called. Basketball is a lot mental as well as being blessed with a lot of talent.

Too bad his mom hurt her knee in high school. We had a good team that year. Seems like she hurt it against Clarkrange{85-86 season}. I could be wrong though. Its been a long time. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Nena helped lead us to the state in 1983.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your "facts" as you have stated aren't FACTS at all! This must be a couple of kids posting on here is all i know.

1. At NO TIME during the game was WC behind by 12 points, THAT IS A FACT!

2. White County was behind by 4 at the half, THAT IS A FACT!

3. Siegal was picked no worse than SECOND in preseason, THAT IS A FACT!

4. An arguement could be made that Hammonds, not Cutter is the MVP on Siegals team.

Please do us all a favor, before you start distorting the "truths" get your FACTS straight.

Delaney should and will be the MVP of this district and deservedly so. He has the best stats, on the best team in this district and one of the best in the state. You cant argue with those FACTS! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not gunna argue with you that Delaney should get MVP but there is no way in heck that White County is one of the best teams in the state.

hahaha....Maupins(O) best point guard in the district...now thats funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , I would take Akers(COOK)over him, I would take Smith(Leb) over him, I would take Brown over him, heck I would even take the traitor Hockenberry(O) over him!!! Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you either have a problem with dre or you really have some serious issues if you really believe that.....

and dajuan was........what about kendall why is he on third team that is a mockery to the district team selection committee considering he "WAS" the teams leading rebounder and scorer

Some of it is perception. DeJuan played a good bit last year, whereas Kendall played whenever Oakland was up big or in a game here and there, so more people knew about Dejuan, Kendall probably needed a monster season in order to be first team in the district. Hard to really make a judgement on which ones are better than the other, I like the way all 3 of them play and fortunately as it turned out, all 3 of them were able to make one of the teams.............

you either have a problem with dre or you really have some serious issues if you really believe that.....

I have no problem with him...he is just not the best point in the district......he does not score, he does not have alot of assits I mean his team is only putting out like 45-50 points per game. He is good but not in MY top 3 in the district....just my opinion.

I have no problem with him...he is just not the best point in the district......he does not score, he does not have alot of assits I mean his team is only putting out like 45-50 points per game. He is good but not in MY top 3 in the district....just my opinion.

Since when is the requirement to be a good point guard have to be that you score alot of points and assists. A point guard has to be an extension of the coach, the proverbial coach on the floor, Dre does that perfectly. The way Oakland plays, they are never going to score alot of points because King likes to be patient on offense, to wear the opposition down on defense. As good as last year's team was, I believe they only averaged 65 points a game or so, which is really good for Oakland given that they do well to average 55-60. Dre is the most valuable player on Oakland's team period. Without Dre, Oakland struggles mightily, especially when being pressured. Point guards shouldnt be asked to score alot, rather run the offense and be a leader on the floor, it is the single most important position in basketball, and Dre is the best pure point guard out there.

Yeah, its your opinion, no matter how wrong it really is.

A true point guard's role is nothing more to take care of the ball and set up the offense. Scoring is the last thing on a TRUE point guard's mind, but I forget you all have been poisened by shoot first point guards (more like shooting guards if you ask me).

A true point guard's role is nothing more to take care of the ball and set up the offense. Scoring is the last thing on a TRUE point guard's mind, but I forget you all have been poisened by shoot first point guards (more like shooting guards if you ask me).

Im pretty sure I mentioned assists as well....maybe you should read all of my post. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im pretty sure I mentioned assists as well....maybe you should read all of my post. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The more you talk....the less credibility you begin to have. Not too be rude or anything, but please don't talk too much.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Pretty sure I said a point guard's role is not to get assists? A TRUE PG sets up the offense and gets things flowing smoothly. A point guard is a coach on the floor, and should not be shooting more shots than the rest of his team combined.