7aaa all-distict team

14pioneers

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puckett is still playing limited minutes. We need more minutes out of him with the tourney coming up.

Puckett is fine. Its the coach's decision not to start him. Why? who knows. He has been well enough to go in after a few minutes so if you are able to do that you are able to start. Maybe because he was sick with the deal with his sugar bottoming out then a serious virus and then broke his hand all within a few weeks. I don't see punishing a player for being sick but then I'm not the coach. In little more than a half he scored 20 points and a lot of rebounds last night, and his time has been limited the whole year. I think the coaches who voted on the all district team probably thought he played a full game like the other boys. I don't know of a post in the district that could beat him out one on one.

Well Dre is a pure point, the floor general, so alot of times he isnt going to put up big numbers, but he does so many things that dont show up in the box score. Yeah, he could have been on the 2nd team, but to just be named I think is an honor of itself, alot of other guys could have been named, but the coaches thought enough of Dre to honor him. As for Puckett, when your sick for a big part of district play, its going to hurt his chances. If he can stay healthy next season, he will be the favorite for district mvp.

You think Puckett will be the favorite over Hammonds? He's missed serious time this year also and still was a 2nd teamer and deserved it. I feel we will win 2 district MVP awards.

You think Puckett will be the favorite over Hammonds? He's missed serious time this year also and still was a 2nd teamer and deserved it. I feel we will win 2 district MVP awards.

Well one of the favorites at least. I think with both Hammonds and Puckett their is no doubt about the serious skill they possess, its just whether or not they can stay completely healthy or for the most part over the course of a season.

Well one of the favorites at least. I think with both Hammonds and Puckett their is no doubt about the serious skill they possess, its just whether or not they can stay completely healthy or for the most part over the course of a season.

Well you definately can't be forgetting the only junior on the first team, Xavier Smith.

Well you definately can't be forgetting the only junior on the first team, Xavier Smith.

Xavier could challenge for top honors, but assuming that Puckett or Hammonds are healthy, which I dont know if thats a safe assumption, they should be the 2 that will be the early favorites at the very least. Thats no insult to Xavier, but the other 2 are just that good. Its going to be a great year for 7-AAA next year, alot of individual talent will be growing up from most teams.

Next year Kerry will have alot more freedom to do what he wants to with the ball and its going to be scary for other teams. Both of his injuries have beel very flukey I feel he will stay healthy next year. I am just curious to see if he is back against lebanon. If he is everyone should be scared. Kerry has scary talent. As only a sophmore i feel he is the best sophmore I have seen in rutherford county. Better then Ramsey or Oden. Chaisson was good but I really feel Kerry has the most talent out of anyone ive seen at this age. The sophmore class for Siegel in general is scary. im sure those WC fans arent scared though because they want back to back states in the 90's and finished first in district this year haha.

Ok, try having a little class! Don't bring yourself down on the level of some of these posters. Everyone loves their team but give credit where credit is due. There are just as many great players in the other schools in the Boro than Siegel. The Boro is the best and I am proud when any of these teams do well.

I don't want the gold ball to go west. I like it when it stays right here in the middle.

Any given year, these guys and gals could have been playing at any high school. The zones change all the time. Comments about the short bus has got to stop!! I have a son that could be riding that bus if I did not pick him up from school. He loves watching high school basketball. We go every chance we get so that he can enjoy this. Comments like that are not neccessary.

Congrat to Alex!! Well deserving young man.

Amen....good post!

Keith has no reason to be offended by anything anyone says on here. If its your perogative to say something about a kid who has graduated and looks to be succeeding much more so than any other recent player then go ahead. But I will call it out as being classless and ignorant all the same.

Coming from such a paragon of virtue such as yourself???? How HILARIOUS! I don't think there has ever been in the history of CoachT a more HATED poster or one more notorious for using a low blow than you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Next year Kerry will have alot more freedom to do what he wants to with the ball and its going to be scary for other teams. Both of his injuries have beel very flukey I feel he will stay healthy next year. I am just curious to see if he is back against lebanon. If he is everyone should be scared. Kerry has scary talent. As only a sophmore i feel he is the best sophmore I have seen in rutherford county. Better then Ramsey or Oden. Chaisson was good but I really feel Kerry has the most talent out of anyone ive seen at this age. The sophmore class for Siegel in general is scary. im sure those WC fans arent scared though because they want back to back states in the 90's and finished first in district this year haha.

Talent is a funny thing sometimes, because not always is it realized to its full potential. Hammonds talent is obvious, but will he be given the coaching to be able to have his talent fully realized, how can only improve so much on his own before he gets some help. I think a guy that nobody really knows about that will be doing big things next year is Jamal Hughes. He could have better numbers for Oakland, but he realizes his role on a senior dominated team, he's been a big factor in at least half a dozen of Oakland's wins this year, once his shot improves, I think he is going to be right there with some of Oakland's past greats.

Siegel's sophmore class does a great job when they can dictate tempo and get out and run, but when they have to slow it down and work for it on defense, they're in trouble. Not saying they wont be one of the tops in 7-AAA, because they will, but you can only win so many games because of talent..................

The all district team first team should be

Kyle Delaney

Kendall Harding

Alex Carter

Tyler Cutter

Tyler Greene

2nd team

Kerry Hammonds

Tyler Edwards

Puckett

DeAndre Maupins

Mike Young