9AA Tourney

CPA4Ever

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST ROUND GAMES

It is Valentines day, but as the first round games begin there is no love in the air. There are eight teams but there are only four roses that can be handed out and an invitation to Martin Luther King gym at Pearl High School. Lets take a look at preview of all first round games

NO. 8 Ezell Harding at NO. 1 CPA

This should be a tune up game for the Lions, Cpa is a clear cut favorite to win the district and region favorite. Ezell Harding on the other hand want go down wth out a fight and the thing about Ezell Harding is they have nothing to lose, but this should go easily CPA way

-winner plays PC/HFA at 8:30

NO. 5 Hume Fogg at NO. 4 Pearl Cohn

The knights look to knock off the Firebirds to tonight led by Adrain Willamson which last time he was in that building he put up 33 point effort in a losing cause. Alot of poeple have this game on upset alert, However I dont think that is going to happen. The thing is the Knights are soft inside and the Firebirds are a very phyiscal team. Pearl Cohn is playing there basketball of the year right now.

NO. 7 EAST LIT AT NO. 2 DAVID LIBSCOMB

The lady eagles pull off a major upset to nights ago at Libscomb, the boys look to do the same thing. The Eagles are looking for some type consisenty this team when they are on with the three ball they can compete with any team on the court. However this the mustangs game to lose. I dont see them losing this game

NO 6 MARTIN LUTHER KING AT NO 3 FRA

This game is also on upset alert with both teams on a two game win streak. Doc Shelton looks to return to MLK on friday looking to return to gym and play. However Shuan Kennedy looks to win and win big. FRA has had a solid year, while the royals has been in rebuilding year. This game can flip any way. One thing i do know is that this will be a scrappy game

Scores for Feb. 14 first round district tournament games:

FRA def. MLK 59-51

Clark Palombo scored 18 points for the Panthers as they never trailed in a win over M.L. King. Anton Christian led the Royals with 20 points.

FRA will play Lipscomb Friday at 5:30 p.m. at M.L. King.

Pearl-Cohn def. Hume-Fogg 73-55

-William Carter scored a game-high 21 points and Jo-Jo Sandifer had 19 for Pearl-Cohn. Adrian Williamson had 21 for Hume-Fogg.

CPA def. Ezell-Harding 73-55

-Zaccheus Mason tallied a game-high 23 points with 11 rebounds for a double-double to lead CPA (25-3) past Ezell-Harding. CPA will face Pearl-Cohn Friday at 8:30 p.m. at M.L. King.

David Lipscomb def. East Lit. 69-45

-Joerdan Simpson scored 17 points and hit five 3-pointers for David Lipscomb. Evan Webb added 15 for David Lipscomb. Jonathan Calvin had 10 points for East Literature.

SEMIFINALS GAME AT MARTIN LUTHER KING

NO. 2 DAVID LIBSCOMB VS NO. 3 FRA

This game should be a great game these two teams have split regular season meetngs, and in great fashion. The key for both teams is to get both of there shooters open looks. Shawn Kenndy was held to ony two points in last night win over MLK. If FRA can get him going it will be a big boost. The game is scheldule to start at 5:30.

NO. 1 CPA VS. NO. 4 PEARL COHN

Both of these teams won there first round games by the excat same score. 73-55 cpa ov eh, 73-55 pc over hfa. CPA against Pearl Cohn in the regular season games has jump out to a first quarter lead then lose it in the second and third and regain the lead and keep it in the fourth. However Pearl Cohn has playing some great ball lately. Even though CPA is undefeated in district and in side state borders. The Lions have thrown that all behind now and looks to compete for a state tittle. Now the Firebirds last year had a taste, going on a long run before losing to Liberty Tech in the Sub state round. The Firebirds knows what they have to and it starts tonight with a tough game against CPA tonight.

I think at this point, every game is huge. I know that's how I feel about CPA games. Last night Miller only had 7 and CPA will need him to score more in these tourney games in order to continue their winning streak. Anderson with 17 and Reeves with 12 contributed to last nights win and helped offset the low scoring from Miller. Pearl shot well at the last meeting and held Mason at 16 and Miller at 10. The Firebirds play a good game but I think if CPA can stay focused and energized then they will take it.

I think at this point, every game is huge. I know that's how I feel about CPA games. Last night Miller only had 7 and CPA will need him to score more in these tourney games in order to continue their winning streak. Anderson with 17 and Reeves with 12 contributed to last nights win and helped offset the low scoring from Miller. Pearl shot well at the last meeting and held Mason at 16 and Miller at 10. The Firebirds play a good game but I think if CPA can stay focused and energized then they will take it.

Mason 27 and Miller 25 against PC, Miller was rested more than half the game against EH.