9AA Tourney

CPA4Ever

because its against CPA your not aloud to hurt the "future state champs" they need to proceed unscathed all the way to Murfreesboro.... to even challenge this team is uncalled for

the lions have no bench AT ALL and this is a known fact that cant be denied... this will hurt in the tourney when injury or foul trouble comes around (and before you say it.. Yes i realize Peterson was out for the whole 2nd half, but once again he isnt much of a factor)

Thanks so much for predicting the future of CPA. State Champs 2008 would be great. Not an easy task by any measure, but that would be fun.

Peterson is a tremendous asset to CPA basketball. An excellent senior leader, GREAT rebounder, and defender with an excellent shooting percentage. He's also a starter on the CPA District Championship team who is undefeated in the state of TN. Say what you want, but all that is a fact that shows up in the stat lines.

Our bench? Lowry did a great job coming in for Jake last night. Zelnick, Taylor, and Ellson will be ready when called on.

So go ahead, show us your brilliant ability to analyze our program and certainly, go ahead and show us your amazing use of the English language as you inspire us with your writings.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did MLK go undefeated in the district during the 2004-2005 season when they advanced to the state semi's???.........The I think the reason some of the lipscomb fans thought they should have wons is because I believe some of the lipscomb fans thought that Z hit the back board in either the first or second overtime when simpson had the put back at the buzzer

Oh man how dare he go for the ball... Remind me how a trying to get a rebound is dirty again.

Going for a loose ball is fine, as is playing hard. Grabbing a guy who is off balance and throwing him down, and then hitting him with two elbows while he was on the ground holding his head is a little dirty, wouldn't you say? But, what can you expect from a team who choked about as bad as I've ever seen. A free layup at the end of the 4th quarter and the first two overtimes and you couldn't put it in. That kind of behavior is what you get from chokers. If I was Macpherson, those guys would still be running.

As for much of a factor, I'm not sure I can remember anything that made a Lipscomb player a "factor". Unless you count holding the ball for half the game - I guess that's a real "factor" - real talent there. Not sure if I was watching the girls team or the San Francisco Rose Petals last night.

because its against CPA your not aloud to hurt the "future state champs" they need to proceed unscathed all the way to Murfreesboro.... to even challenge this team is uncalled for

the lions have no bench AT ALL and this is a known fact that cant be denied... this will hurt in the tourney when injury or foul trouble comes around (and before you say it.. Yes i realize Peterson was out for the whole 2nd half, but once again he isnt much of a factor)

I guess your knowledge of basketball is only exceeded by the choking abilities of your team. Isn't much of a factor? Dude, he is defiintely surrounded by good players but he does some of the hard work - he's shut down just about every major scorer this year. He's the best technical rebounder on the team. Here is a suggestion - go pick up one of those dummy books about basketball and then you can try contributing to these posts.

both teams made plays. both teams missed layups. both TEAMS respected each other. what strikes me as tragic is that these are two schools who claim to represent jesus. if you're from either school and claim to represent jesus, please stop and take a look at yourselves before you tear each other down. learn to enjoy good competition. learn to appreciate players and the game. it is easy to get on here and take absent minded cheap shots. it takes thoughfullness to appreciate good basketball. it is sad to see a good game planned by good coaches and played by good kids reduced to a bunch of spectators grabbing for straws.

both teams made plays. both teams missed layups. both TEAMS respected each other. what strikes me as tragic is that these are two schools who claim to represent jesus. if you're from either school and claim to represent jesus, please stop and take a look at yourselves before you tear each other down. learn to enjoy good competition. learn to appreciate players and the game. it is easy to get on here and take absent minded cheap shots. it takes thoughfullness to appreciate good basketball. it is sad to see a good game planned by good coaches and played by good kids reduced to a bunch of spectators grabbing for straws.

Tragic? Wow, that's a little over the top, isn't it? Thanks for the lecture but grow up. I'm not sure whom you are referring too - I don't have a dog in either school - I've just been watching this district for years. I don't like seeing cheap shot players in high school and what we saw last night was disgusting. I saw the same thing between MLK and FRA two years ago and I didn't like it then either.

In the first overtime the put back never went in. It rolled over the top of the rim. In the second overtime the put back hit the bottom of the rim. Not sure where the winning put back came from that you said should have one the game for DL.

It came when simpson had the putback but z slapped the backboard causing the ball to fall off the front of the rim. that ball was def goin in

It came when simpson had the putback but z slapped the backboard causing the ball to fall off the front of the rim. that ball was def goin in

I would like to agree with Redog and say if you can not score when you have had the ball for the whole entire 2nd Overtime then you do not deserve to win....Did that ball go in the hoop? didnt think so... If they deserved to win then they would have won that game last night. Also to add if Lipscomb would have played the game of basketball and not played a game of keep away CPA would have run them out of the gymnasium, as it was apparent in the 3rd Overtime when CPA pressed them and scored 8 straight points. Lipscomb did not deserve to win this game at all.