District 11AA Tournament

oakwood

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Sycamore on the blowout. Sycamore and Harpeth have 4 days to prepare for each other. It should be a great game Tuesday night at Cheatham County Central High School. Creekwood plays Waverly in the consolation game at 6:30 and then Harpeth takes on Sycamore at 8:00 in the championship game.

Congrats to Sycamore for beating us to a pulp, that was the most embarassing loss of my career, good luck to them next game. Hopefully this tiger squad will bounce back, and play well win or lose against creekwood. anyone know the scenarios for who plays who depending on wins?

Congrats to Sycamore for beating us to a pulp, that was the most embarassing loss of my career, good luck to them next game. Hopefully this tiger squad will bounce back, and play well win or lose against creekwood. anyone know the scenarios for who plays who depending on wins?

Waverly Tigers...keep your heads up! You are still in it and can still end up doing very well. Everybody has a tough game every now and then. Sycamore came to play tonight, and I hope they keep thier intensity up. If they do, they can go far. But, Tigers, your team is young and you have great things in your future. I really like your team and your fans and the guys who post. You add a lot to these boards. It's hard not to pull for you. Good luck Tuesday night!

Keep your heads up guys. Your a great team that is going to go far. You have to believe in yourselves first! When someone is looking down, raise their spirits. Work as a team and you will do what your goal is. Next year you will be the team to beat if you continue to work together as a team and build each other up mentally. You can't go into a game with attitude of your not going to win. Truly believe you can win and then play it to win and it will happen. You guys just have to learn to believe first. We the parents know that you have the ability and talent to do it you have already proven that now, you must believe and make it happen.

You have already beat Creeekwood once and you can do it again. Play your game and believe!

Good Luck!

Guest thewaverytigerrock

tigermom i like the way u talk on here because u probly have a kid on the team and u probly go to every game. And about what u said about me not knowing what i'm talking about ur wrong. if u knew how much i used to hang out with those boys u wouldn't say those things. and with the way i always hanged out and play with players like cody, ben, dillion, jeff, josh, scott, and all the other players u might even know who i am personally. I don't know if u know who i am personnaly because i don't know who u r. But i do know i lot about all those boys. the fact that the sophmores lost to grove in the freshmen championship 60-63. Alex sensing missed a 3-pointer to tie the game as time expired. I know why Mark Smith doesn't really play. i used to play pick up games with Ben, cody, and adam copesky. I also know why corey stevens doesn't play.

Good win for the Indians last night. There's a good chance the boys and girls championship trophies will be brought back to Harpeth. Should be an exciting finals against Sycamore. I guess I was way wrong about Sycamore overlooking and having trouble with Waverly. I left at halftime, but the first half Sycamore absolutely embarassed Waverly by 50 points. The Eagles played well, but my gosh I've never seen a team play as poorly as Waverly did. The Indians and War Eagles should continue their dominance for awhile as Harpeth middle school has won 3 straight TMMSAA championships and Sycamore is young as well. Good luck to all the teams, especially when regions begin.

I think regions are in Lexington again, right? Or were that at McNairy last year? I think they are in Lexington though...

And Ben Leonard can dunk, I've seen him do it. Although not in a game, he can throw it down.

Regions were at Waverly last year. They will be in Lexington this year and Waverly next year. They will alternate between the two schools as long as these districts stay in tact. It's not going to matter again this year though because we have no one in the boys who can compete with Bolivar.

Good win for the Indians last night. There's a good chance the boys and girls championship trophies will be brought back to Harpeth. Should be an exciting finals against Sycamore. I guess I was way wrong about Sycamore overlooking and having trouble with Waverly. I left at halftime, but the first half Sycamore absolutely embarassed Waverly by 50 points. The Eagles played well, but my gosh I've never seen a team play as poorly as Waverly did. The Indians and War Eagles should continue their dominance for awhile as Harpeth middle school has won 3 straight TMMSAA championships and Sycamore is young as well. Good luck to all the teams, especially when regions begin.

Yes, Waverly played poorly last night, a lot of that had to do with the intense defense Sycamore played. They played really well. But the one thing that is on my mind is the classless attitude of the Sycamore coach who kept pressing the whole game. The score at the end of three quarters was 75-15. Afraid that Waverly would come back? Let the starters play in the second half up by 50? I heard a lot of folks after the game not associated with Waverly saying that he had embarrassed the whole county.

But what goes around, comes around. They will get their beat down when they get to the regions as usual. We don't have any team that can compete with the likes of Bolivar. And I'm not sure any will get to see the finals either because Bolivar is not all they have in that district.

Now I'm expecting back lash from this post from Sycamore and Harpeth people, but remember when I told you guys last year when you were talking smack about how you could compete with Liberty Tech? I told you the same thing, it's not going to happen. Sycamore, Harpeth, and Creek Wood are really good teams, but not state tournament teams. Waverly is really young and next year should be their best in a while, but we better find a post presence fast. We live and die on the three, and coaches do watch film and adjust (or least good ones do).

I believe that consolation game will be just as important, or more important, than the Chamionship game. I say this because the loser of the consolation game will have to travel to Boliver for the first round. I don't know much about the other district other than Boliver has pretty much dominated. I would say though that any team in our tourney would have a much better chance against the 2 through 4 teams from ther other district.

Good Luck to 11AA!

Guest thewaverytigerrock

hey like that papatiger and yeah sycamore nor harpeth is gonna be good enough to match up with other teams in the state. papatiger this will give u a hint on who i am. after the wayne co. game in football. u were at music on the square and i walk up to u and ask u if u saw my tackle and u said i should of heard u and i said i did.