FOOD AT STATE!

sportsman103

WHY IN THE WORLD CAN WRESTLERS NO EAT AT STATE, THAT NOT GOOD FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLERS TO BE EATING HOT DOGS AND CRAP LIKE THAT!!!! THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BRING THERE OWN FOOD!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The TSSAA and the people that run the concession stand would not stand for loosing money. What state tournament or major sporting event allows you to take food in from the outside?

I am with you that it is not healthy for the wrestlers (or anyone else) to eat concession stand food.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The TSSAA and the people that run the concession stand would not stand for loosing money. What state tournament or major sporting event allows you to take food in from the outside?

I am with you that it is not healthy for the wrestlers (or anyone else) to eat concession stand food.

How about: Athletes bring their own food, drink, nutrition bars etc. to every: track meet (indoor and outdoor, college and high school), every tennis tournament, every football game (ever see someone in pads standing in line at halftime?!?), rugby game, name it - the athletes bring their own. I can understand no food for the spectators but to restrict it for the athletes is stupid and frankly dangerous. I will repeat what I said before. If somebody tries to take away my son's banana's, gatorades, bagels or jars of peanut butter they better have a good proctologist.

WHY IN THE WORLD CAN WRESTLERS NO EAT AT STATE, THAT NOT GOOD FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLERS TO BE EATING HOT DOGS AND CRAP LIKE THAT!!!! THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BRING THERE OWN FOOD!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

you do realize there is already a two or three page topic on this issue. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You do know that the coaches and wrestlers can bring in food at the bottom door, when they enter don't you? They can even bring it in their bags when come. They can even buy hospitality tickets for like 15 dollars a day (that is all day). That is what my wrestlers did last year.

Wrestlers come in at the top doors this year not the bottom. Ronnie Carter made the decision of NO FOOD OR DRINKS.

As a newbie to the area, I have been around wrestling for 20 years and I have not heard of this kind of money grubbing, twist your arm for a buck behavior. Here is a novel idea, charge $2 more per ticket and allow the kids to eat properly. Also, there was NO PARKING available in any of the lots for Fridays session.

Here's an idea, move the tournamanet to central TN. (Nashville, Murfreesboro) Try to think about all the wrestlers and there families traveling? Attendance would be up; not such a distance for "everyone" to drive and see there child or cousin, brother, grandson, friend wrestle. Don't get me wrong, I like Chatanooga, but think a little more about the entire state.

I support the organizers and workers of the tourney, they have a done a good job running it.

Hey guys take you a back pack with some food stuffed in a couple of sweat shirts.

I have tried this over the past few years and it has worked as a parent.

I know that it is a shame that we are having to sneak food in, but gotta do what you gotta do.

This would not work this year.

They had it set up like airport screening. If you had ANY type of bag or container an "officer" would inspect it for food.

$3 for bottled water

$3 for a coke

$3 for popcorn

ect.........

There was a hand written sign at the consession stand that said "Proceeds from sales go to UTC wrestling program". I wouldn't mind paying a few more $$$ to support UTC at the gate but the prices at the consession stants were absurd. This means that next year many familys will leave a little brother and sister at home because they cant afford to feed them. SAD /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I don't mind paying a little more at a high school tournament but at the state tournament we should not be gouged by a third party.

In the past we were able to have the wrestlers bring in food through the bottom doors. I saw (in advance of the tournament) the announcement that food/drinks could not be carried in by anyone.

Every year we went you could not bring in food as a parent, because of the screening. They do check all the bags. However my hubby wears pants with large knee pockets and hoodies with kangaroo pockets......

I have never really bought more then maybe a drink or two (that would be for me. hubby, & youngest to share) and maybe we have bought a candy once or twice over teh years. However we really do not eat at the tournament. If I was hungry and could not wait I would go over to the student food court thing and get something, however I do not think we have had to do that more then a couple times over the years.

One year I did buy my youngest a large candy (movie size M&Ms) and of course after buying them he did not eat them. Well I did carry them in my purse and when they saw it at the next session I pointed to the card table behind them where I bought it and told them it came from there. I got in with it (and there was more in my purse but they did not notice). If you pack enough bags in bags they really stop looking after awhile. Of course not many of you have to carry in a big backpack full of bags of different toys, video games, puzzle books, & army men to occupy a boy so we could watch the matches.