Region 3A

WCAballa11

Wow! I can't believe everyone is soo sure Grace is going to beat CSAS. This is tournament time and anyone that follows Chattanooga basketball knows that CSAS shows up to play during this time of the year. How is CSAS going to match up with Grace? Better question, how is Grace going to match up with the Patriots?! CSAS plays great defense and they score in many more ways than just shooting the 3. BTW, they only made one 3 against S. Pittsburgh only because they didn't shoot many (5). They didn't need to. They used the game to work on their half-court defense and half court offensive sets getting ready for the next round. Anyone who was at the game knows CSAS didn't play their full court, wide open game by choice, and that's all that I'm going to say on that. They won.

Congrat's to Temple. They came up big when it counted and that's all that mattered but to be honest, them beating Grace doesn't affect CSAS one way or the other. Their goal is to get back to the state and they were going to have to go through Grace either way. CSAS players respects both Grace and Temple but honestly neither team can beat CSAS (and they know it in their hearts) when its for all the marbles!

You must be a CSAS fan, If I had to guess your would be the long hair skating type that says ;DUDE, with every other word go hit your half pike or whatever you do because Basketball is not your cup of tea.DUDE. And for Forest Gump, oh I,am sorry ,Ball he better enjoy that MVP because it will be the last one with his name on it. DUDE, lets be real.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be a CSAS fan, If I had to guess your would be the long hair skating type that says ;DUDE, with every other word go hit your half pike or whatever you do because Basketball is not your cup of tea.DUDE. And for Forest Gump, oh I,am sorry ,Ball he better enjoy that MVP because it will be the last one with his name on it. DUDE, lets be real.

Your constant critique of Ball is getting really old. Forrest Gump? Where do you get that comparison? How you about instead of bashing a kid, let him enjoy his achievements and leave him alone.

As for my other post, I came off wrong. I am a CSAS fan, and I believe that CSAS will beat Grace. I didn't make that clear before, and I apologize. I just think that Grace is a matchup nightmare for anybody. I don't think there is a team in the state that can match Grace's height. CSAS just has to use their favorable matchups, and one of those is the 3 point shot. I didnt mean to insinuate that was their only advantage, I just believe it is their biggest.

Your constant critique of Ball is getting really old. Forrest Gump? Where do you get that comparison? How you about instead of bashing a kid, let him enjoy his achievements and leave him alone.

As for my other post, I came off wrong. I am a CSAS fan, and I believe that CSAS will beat Grace. I didn't make that clear before, and I apologize. I just think that Grace is a matchup nightmare for anybody. I don't think there is a team in the state that can match Grace's height. CSAS just has to use their favorable matchups, and one of those is the 3 point shot. I didnt mean to insinuate that was their only advantage, I just believe it is their biggest.

I agree. CSAS just has to shut down the inside game of grace. everyone knows that they cause the biggest match up problem and they have the biggest players in 1A. Well, take them out of the game. push them outside of their comfort zone. they won't do anything when their out there (with the exception of mcmasters since he is always floating around the perimeter but you still gotta keep him off the glass by bein physical with him). Then everyone knows CSAS will out play grace at the guard positions. Sure herman is a great player, we know that, but can he be a leader and dish the rock? CSAS has the leadership of the 4 starting seniors in that line up. 3 of them coming from the guard position. they are all athletic, fast, and can shoot the three ball. CSAS needs to keep it a guard oriented game and keep it out of the post, and maybe make it a full court game instead of keeping it in the half court.

Before I make a prediction on the score of this game, we all need to remember that there is a quarterfinal game. 21st Century isnt a team that you can just throw out of the picture. They have some athletes and have a pretty good post player out of that landon kid. not to mention that their guards are quick. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

But I do think CSAS will make it past that game and I really cant see whitwell upsetting grace so my prediction for the Grace vs. CSAS game is:

Grace Baptist Academy - 67

Chatt. Arts & Sciences - 73

Thanks for the post ,sorry for being rude.In my opinon I believe that CSAS didn,t deserve to be at the state last year, this year maybe, but I hope there ready cause Grace will be, and I don,t see them getting past Grace.And for my comments on Ball, I can tell he is a good kid but when someone give half the job that they can do and everyone else is giving 110 percent, it bother me good luck to you and your team.

You're right, Sherlock! I am a Patriot fan. I don't know much about half pikes but I know enough about basketball to know that CSAS deserved and EARNED their way to the state finals last year. Let's recount - Grace, Picket (@Picket), Westside and Culeoka - all state ranked teams. Using your logic, does Temple deserve to make it to the state this year just because they beat Grace in one game? We'll see.

BTW - CSAS will beat Grace and Temple to go back to the state this year. This is not a cocky statement but anyone that knows basketball knows that CSAS is the better TEAM, period. Barring injuries - CSAS will be making a repeat appearance in the state tournament.

Let's not forget that the last time Arts played Temple and Grace they 1) Won in the last minute in a crazy game that Temple gave away 2) Lost by 10 at home...albeit without Dontay Hampton. If it weren't for Townsend's three's it may not have been that close.

They are not as intimdating as they were at the beginning of the year. They heavily rely on pressure and three point shooting...well what if your opponent breaks your press and the 3's aren't dropping? Spells trouble.

Obviously every team relies on some aspect of the game as their strong suit, but what I am saying is Arts is not as scary as they were in November. The close Region games they have played have shown that.

As far as the Grace/Arts game goes...assuming both advance to the Semifinals...Grace really needs to put the Temple debacle past them and play sharp. This game is a chance to avenge last years "upset loss" to Arts in the Semifinals...Arts also wants to prove they are better than Grace and win this rubber match.

Whoever loses will be totally disappointed b/c both had such high hopes this season.

I'd like to know how CSAS (A self-proclaimed lock to make it to state) only beats South Pittsburg (A team that lost to David Brained) by 14 points? You CSAS people may not want to be too cocky going into region. There are 3 teams from the good district in the region that can beat you.

Congrats to Brian Ball for getting MVP. Maybe your critics will shut up now.

Let's don't be cutting down David Brainerd. If you remember, Temple only beat David Brainerd by 14 a few weeks ago also. The guys at DB are all back next year, and will make some noise. Temple is an over-achieving team with a serious lack of depth. I don't expect them to get out of the region.

I think it is because we have the only gym that can hold the required amount of people for district and region games... and most the tournament is at McGilvary- kind of an advantage but our games are never there until tournament time....it is nice being next door- but it is a different gym than we practice and play in...but I can see how coaches might be frustrated...but they do provide a great environment..I think it is because we have the only gym that can hold the required amount of people for district and region games... and most the tournament is at McGilvary- kind of an advantage but our games are never there until tournament time....it is nice being next door- but it is a different gym than we practice and play in...but I can see how coaches might be frustrated...but they do provide a great environment..

Let's don't be cutting down David Brainerd. If you remember, Temple only beat David Brainerd by 14 a few weeks ago also. The guys at DB are all back next year, and will make some noise. Temple is an over-achieving team with a serious lack of depth. I don't expect them to get out of the region.

I actually didn't mean that as an insult to DB. Considering how long they've been in existence I'm fairly impressed with them. I think they'll be the 3rd best team in their district next year.

As a Temple fan I'll take the label "over-achieving" any time. That just means they rely more on heart, smarts, and teamwork than on ability. That's my kind of team!

Better not bet on Temple not getting out of the region. That would require a pretty big upset.