Region 4AAA

rebs3

Blackman has improved alot from earlier in the year. Alex Carter has been on fire. They beat WC by 20 at Blackman last week. WC had to play hard to beat them in Lebanon. I still think Oakland will handle Blackman and end up at #3 so look out. Too bad anyone has to play Shelbyville on their home floor I think that basically stinks.

Maybe a much improved Blackman team will just go ahead and put Shelbyville out in the first round. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe a much improved Blackman team will just go ahead and put Shelbyville out in the first round. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Thats interesting. If Oakland somehow lost to Blackman in the district 7 consolation game and Shelbyville had to play Oakland. I think I would pick Oakland in that case. But I just don't see Blackman beating Oakland. That scenario could possibly send 2 D 7 teams to the state.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats interesting. If Oakland somehow lost to Blackman in the district 7 consolation game and Shelbyville had to play Oakland. I think I would pick Oakland in that case. But I just don't see Blackman beating Oakland. That scenario could possibly send 2 D 7 teams to the state.

Honestly, I wouldnt mind facing Shelbyville in the first round. Yeah that would theoretically put us in the same bracket as Siegel, but I wouldnt mind staying away from White Co for the rest of this postseason, unless it is in the region finals of course. As for how this thing is going to shake out, its impossible to tell. You could argue that all 4 teams from district 7 and 2 from district 8 are legit threats to win this thing, probably the most wide open regional tournament we have had in some time, yeah its at Shelbyville and yes they are a tough team, but Oakland, Siegel and White County all are at their level and the way Blackman has been playing, you can add them to that list.

Honestly, I wouldnt mind facing Shelbyville in the first round. Yeah that would theoretically put us in the same bracket as Siegel, but I wouldnt mind staying away from White Co for the rest of this postseason, unless it is in the region finals of course. As for how this thing is going to shake out, its impossible to tell. You could argue that all 4 teams from district 7 and 2 from district 8 are legit threats to win this thing, probably the most wide open regional tournament we have had in some time, yeah its at Shelbyville and yes they are a tough team, but Oakland, Siegel and White County all are at their level and the way Blackman has been playing, you can add them to that list.

OP I have never saw an Oakland team shoot that poorly from the free throw line. Have you? MY opinion if Oakland just hit half of what they missed that game would have been atleast a ten point win for Oakland. Who knows what Siegel will do? King and Mitchell seem to play the percentages coaching wise and it usually seems to work out. Siegel has their little coach on the floor. I'd have to say they'll be very dangerous. Do you honestly think Blackman has a legitimate shot at beating Oakland?

OP I have never saw an Oakland team shoot that poorly from the free throw line. Have you? MY opinion if Oakland just hit half of what they missed that game would have been atleast a ten point win for Oakland. Who knows what Siegel will do? King and Mitchell seem to play the percentages coaching wise and it usually seems to work out. Siegel has their little coach on the floor. I'd have to say they'll be very dangerous. Do you honestly think Blackman has a legitimate shot at beating Oakland?

Honestly, if we had just managed the clock better, Oakland would be playing White County tommorrow instead of Blackman. Oakland had the ball and a 2pt lead with 30 seconds remaining in overtime and took a VERY ill advised shot just when Siegel was about to start fouling. Yeah, there is no guarantee that Oakland makes those, but usually when the game has hung in the balance this season, we have done a pretty good job at making them count.

As far as the free throw shooting, it may have not been the worse ive seen an Oakland team shoot from the charity stripe, but it wasnt too far off. I dont like to deal in what ifs, but this loss stings more than any other this season knowing had we played smart, this could have easily been avoided. As much emphasis Coach King puts on free throw shooting, im pretty sure it was a point of emphasis when he and the staff reviewed the tapes and subsequently talked to the guys.

As for Blackman, they have ALWAYS played us very close, there are not too many blowout wins against them and the ones that we did have turned out to be flukes. I cant imagine Oakland winning by double digits unless Blackman is in a situation where they have to start fouling, and with the way Carter has been playing, if we half-&*() on free throws again, we'll be facing the #1 seed from 8-AAA.

Honestly, if we had just managed the clock better, Oakland would be playing White County tommorrow instead of Blackman. Oakland had the ball and a 2pt lead with 30 seconds remaining in overtime and took a VERY ill advised shot just when Siegel was about to start fouling. Yeah, there is no guarantee that Oakland makes those, but usually when the game has hung in the balance this season, we have done a pretty good job at making them count.

As far as the free throw shooting, it may have not been the worse ive seen an Oakland team shoot from the charity stripe, but it wasnt too far off. I dont like to deal in what ifs, but this loss stings more than any other this season knowing had we played smart, this could have easily been avoided. As much emphasis Coach King puts on free throw shooting, im pretty sure it was a point of emphasis when he and the staff reviewed the tapes and subsequently talked to the guys.

As for Blackman, they have ALWAYS played us very close, there are not too many blowout wins against them and the ones that we did have turned out to be flukes. I cant imagine Oakland winning by double digits unless Blackman is in a situation where they have to start fouling, and with the way Carter has been playing, if we half-&*() on free throws again, we'll be facing the #1 seed from 8-AAA.

Carter looked extremely dejected and frustrated at the end of the White County game. It will be interesting to see how much he has left.

Carter looked extremely dejected and frustrated at the end of the White County game. It will be interesting to see how much he has left.

Maybe that could have been the case had the game been in the next night or so, but he's had 2-3 days to rest up, he should be good and ready to go. Guys like Carter give that kind of effort every time out

I like how nobody is giving my Rebels a shot at all. They have been playing the underdog all year and I guarantee they will surprise some at the regionals.

Sorry about that. We don't have much info on FC over in this area. I did a little research and found WC and FC have some common oponnents.Coffe Co. about even Blackman about even. Dyer Co. beat FC 86-70 WC beat Dyer Co. 74-71 I was very impressed with Dyer and happy to see our guys beat them. You might say we had the home court in Cookeville. I haven't seen FC play but I will say they have a fantastic record so you could be on to something here.

FC beat Blackman earlier this year. Blackman beat FC later on in the year because FC had three starters out with injury or sickness. They probably could have played, but the coach decided to sit them knowing that winning the game would not improve their postseason position. I agree the 7AAA is loaded but when you think of the 8AAA don't forget the FC.

No offense, but Shelbyville is the only team in your district that has made any noise whatsoever in this tournament the last 5 years or so, so I imagine there is a reason as to why FC is being left out of the conversation. But I think the folks that really know their basketball know that this is a pretty darn good team that FC has and is capable of winning the region if they can play good ball.

Maybe that could have been the case had the game been in the next night or so, but he's had 2-3 days to rest up, he should be good and ready to go. Guys like Carter give that kind of effort every time out

I say that engine is over worked and just about ready to run out of gas. I noticed WC worked at denying him the ball and at times did a decent job at it. He still got 27. 6 three pointers.