Region 4AAA

rebs3

Incorrect , as usual.......we received a SILVER runner-up ball in 84, the same year our football team brought home the GOLD! That makes us farther than yall doesn't it? Our girls team has a SILVER ball as well as runners-up. Next time try to do a little better on your research. Try checking www.tssaa.org for accuracy!!

Boys Basketball 1984 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 50-54 Nashville . We were 5 pts away from being crowned state champions. I know, I know....it is still a loss......but closer than yall.

The difference between OHS and your times at state....last yr's OHS team took it to 3 OT's against Clarksville before we finally lost. Getting technical, that was getting closer to making finals than Siegel has ever gotten, isn't it? I don't believe yall ever got quite that close to winning it, did you?

We were cheering for yall this year at state, and posts like yours are the main reason yall have a rotten rep with the rest of the district and they refuse to support yall. Grow up.

you are right.....but the mistake I made was when I conducted my research I went back to Randy's days....your silver ball came under Dickie Thomas not Randy...so I do apoligize for that mistake....but Harris as a head coach and his Stars have been just as far as the beloved King. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right.....but the mistake I made was when I conducted my research I went backto Randy's days....your silver ball came under Dickie Thomas not Randy...so I do apoligize fr that mis-take....but Harris as a head coach has been just as far as the beloved King. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually Randy was an assistant on that staff in 84.

And I will reiterate, we came closer last yr to making finals than all 3 of your tries.

but he wasn't a head coach.......and saying we have attitudes toward Oakland is par for the coarse. I was for oakland last year in the state. I want the gold in the Boro. But it seems that the bashing keeps on rolling toward Siegel even after a great season. I mean if you go back White Co and Oakland were the Tennesseean's were the top two picks, Siegel was never mentioned. Nobody has given the "young guns" any credit! Thats fine. Well anyway believe it or no I am always for Murfreesboro and then District 7-AAA. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

but he wasn't a head coach.......and saying we have attitudes toward Oakland is par for the coarse. I was for oakland last year in the state. I want the gold in the Boro. But it seems that the bashing keeps on rolling toward Siegel even after a great season. I mean if you go back White Co and Oakland were the Tennesseean's were the top two picks, Siegel was never mentioned. Nobody has given the "young guns" any credit! Thats fine. Well anyway believe it or no I am always for Murfreesboro and then District 7-AAA. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No offense, but using the tennessean as a source when it comes to high school sports isnt too wise, or any sport for that matter. You can spin how you want, but most people felt that Siegel and White Co. would be the top 2 teams in the district. With that being said, Siegel did overachieve this year, in large to the fact that they did the little things to win ballgames. I would argue that Harris probably did his best coaching job in his tenure at Siegel, there were times where Siegel was on the verge of falling apart but he kept them together. You cant deny the talent Siegel posesses, but we shall see if they can seperate themselves from past Siegel teams that relied on their talent and athletic superiority to win games, which work well before state, but when you get to state, everybody has talent and athleticism in abundance.

Actually Randy was an assistant on that staff in 84.

And I will reiterate, we came closer last yr to making finals than all 3 of your tries.

You also didn't run into a memphis team in the semifinals. This is a FIFTH year school who has been to THREE state tournaments. Your arguments are ridiculous considering when Oakland opened. Sure they have been closer, but based off years in exsistence I would sure hope so. As you know I cheered on Oakland hard last year. I wanted them to win it worse then anyone could imagine. Only missed 1 post season game of theres. But you can't really talk bad about the Siegel program considering what all they have done in 5 years. I see atleast 1 or 2 more state visits in the next 2 years also.