4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

Did someone leave there to open up a slot? I seem to recall that Guthrie was calling the O this year and Alsup the D. Did Alsup retire or something? As far as I know, Guthrie ( ex Christiana Middle Head Coach) has only been there a short time so can't imagine he would leave.

Hope no one at OHS makes the move there as a coordinator......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

2P I don't think you have to worry about it as not many will be rushing there with the conditions of a 'possible' clean sweep after this season if they are NOT successful. I am REALLY surprised there was not a sweep after this season.

If I was betting I would say the OC position is the one that is open as Siegel's offense last year was about as successful as Christiana Middle School was. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that a comment like the previous one came from someone who has never coached football...especially at the 5A level.

It just looks so easy from the bleachers.

Never claimed to be able to Coach, but I do know what a CONSTANTLY losing record looks like! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I DO however know how to scout teams and see their weaknesses. Maybe not at the 5A level, but it was good enough for the Pros.

Never claimed to be able to Coach, but I do know what a CONSTANTLY losing record looks like! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I DO however know how to scout teams and see their weaknesses. Maybe not at the 5A level, but it was good enough for the Pros.

LOD, seems that you ruffled a few gull feathers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOD, seems that you ruffled a few gull feathers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They are easily ruffled when they actually have to face the truth. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You would think they get ruffled so much they would be used to it by now. I did not even have to refer to them as a shoreside bird this time either. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

They are easily ruffled when they actually have to face the truth. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You would think they get ruffled so much they would be used to it by now. I did not even have to refer to them as a shoreside bird this time either. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looks like to me, any team that can go to the state tournament in basketball, in a region as tough as it is, could excel in the spread offense.

Coach Hester ( HC at Lavergne) LEFT Siegel for that VERY reason. He wanted to run the spread and Watson wouldn't let him do it there. So, he left and went to Lavergne and became their OC. He took those great bball at LHS and made them into football players. They did extremely well with the spread!

Here is the kicker, Siegel took Keith Ramsey from the bball team that made state twice and made him a receiver AFTER Hester left. He looked as awkward as heck on the field and ended up ( he was like 6'8" ) with an injury that kept him out of basketball til about middle of January. Coach Harris was FURIOUS!!!!!!!! He had a freak accident .......he was injured while doing a celebration dance if I remember it right. So, I doubt if Haris lets them try it again and since he is the bread and butter at Siegel, his word is the law.

They also had Montori Hughes from this yrs bball team ( 6'6" and HUGE!) but they played him at DE and it worked like a charm. I couldn't see him catching balls . He had been kicked off the boys bball team the year before, so he was already playing football for 3 yrs prior to this. Nothing Harris could say.

Ramsey's biggest problem was that he thought FOOTBALL should be a NO contact sport also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Like I said before he LISTENED for the footsteps. The dance was because he actually caught it and just happened to be in the end zone.

Coach S, Siegel will NEVER run the spread, as the only coach they had that understood it is GONE! Also they do NOT have a line that can protect the QB long enough to throw it. Usually it is three steps, then run for his life. Siegel has had some good QB's but it could never be shown when they came against teams who could actually rush the QB.

You may want to check your facts a bit better:

Girls Basketball 1982 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 43-45 Murfreesboro

Girls Basketball 1978 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 39-56 Murfreesboro

Girls Basketball 1975 Large Team Runner-Up 34-54 Murfreesboro

Girls Basketball 1971 Team Champions (30-2) 56-52 Jackson

I realize that yall have 2 gold balls now, but they did it first , and they have 3 silvers.

PLUS.........a lot of your football success was due to the Upchurch brothers who were zoned LEBANON. Talk when you actually win the region. Lebanon has done that, and more than once. They have also beaten Riverdale with Rankin at the helm. I really wouldn't want to get into the "stolen" athletes in both girls bball and football if I were you by taunting old thtruth. I am not even FROM there and I know all about them.

Before you try to jump on me......OHS has 2 gold balls and 2 silver balls in football. Our Baseball team has two gold balls. We have a total of seven state championships. Plus we have silver balls in girls and boys bball. We also beat Riverdale a LONG time ago and more than once. Come back when you can beat that.