4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

My predictions are WAY different from what everyone else has but i believe these predictions are actually possible

Siegel

Lebanon

Riverdale

Blackman

Oakland

Smyrna

Wilson Central

Lavergne

Siegel returns 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense.....the defense kicked it into high gear around week5 last year and will feast on that momentum coming into this season....they return their whole o-line (which was underrated) minus one man....and Witt to Gooch will be a lethal combination next season........this whole prediction is based on if Witt stays healthy....if he goes down the season may be done they could be down by lavergne

Lebanon is just one of those teams that seem to hang around every season and is always solid.....this year they rise to the occasion with a strong defense and tough offense with the maynard brothers..(i think its maynard) either way the brothers that were a good tandum last year when Sallis got hurt...

Riverdale is Riverdale.....theyll find a way despite not being no where as strong as they have been in the past.....but it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt make the playoffs and someone like Oakland or Smyrna made it instead.....the week 0 matchup with Oaktown is huge

Blackman is everyones wild card and they are mine too....i just actually have them getting into the playoffs unlike most people.....Wallace is gone and that is a huge loss but they have enough athletes to still run their spread offense...Collier and Bowers can both throw the ball a little bit so they should be ok there and the defense should be a lot better this year with more experience...

Oakland can very easily make the playoffs with a win or two against teams they are suppose to beat for example (week 0 against Riverdale) or against someone like Smyrna or Lebanon......they still have a great core group of skilled players on their roster.....i just really worry about the offensive line who just got pummeled last year as a unit.......Schaller will be fine if he has some people to protect him and a better passing scheme to execute......Precious and Sam should have huge years in their senior campaigns though...

Smyrna lost "TWO MVP's" last season and many offensive weapons besides that.........the defense might be fine but with all the coaching changes and lost personnel i just dont see things flying high this season for Smyrna .......they might prove me wrong but it is REALLY hard to replace players like Sonny and Wilkes who lead the way to back to back state championships...

Wilson Central......................................they lost everyone from McChurch to Majors to that huge tightend they had #89............they might struggle a tad bit this season...

LaVergne is returning Mike Crocker but who and what else..............i thought Wilson Central might struggle real bad but looking at the losses for Lavergne.....im sorry because i like Lavergnes football team.....but yall could be horrible.....yall had a lot of injuries last year and this year yall lose yalls offensive line so who will protect Crocker?........Who lose your secondary with Bather and and others......whos passing attack will yall stop?.....The D-line was already bad......so whos running attack will yall stop?......and who will Crocker hand the ball off to and throw it too........there is no one left.........someone give me some names to make me feel like it wont be as bad as i made it sound

No way in the world Riverdale won't make the playoffs.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way in the world Riverdale won't make the playoffs.

riverdale is riverdale is true and not true at the same time. true in the sense that no one can hardly remember when they did not make the playoffs and they certainly have that history and tradition on their side. untrue in the sense that they do not have the players they have historically had. huge loses from last year in nearly every position and very few returners who actually got on the field last year at all. add this to the fact that their last three freshmen teams have not been good at all, matter of fact, most would say they were terrible the last two years, getting beat by 30 points or more in multiple games. christiana middle school has been the worst middle school team in the county for at least several years and that is where riverdale gets the majority of their players. their offensive and defensive lines will be average at best if not really bad and that will hurt them tremendously. i have heard that they have a good quarterback, a tall kid who can throw and i have heard that they will not run the wing-t exclusively this year, a little spread and a little I formation has been talked about along with the wing-t. they do have ebelarosia (spelling ?) back at running back. he is a good high school player, but very short 5'6" and is not like the backs they have had before. they also lost 29 seniors and most started or played alot. there is just alot to over come, but i am not counting them for dead for sure, because they are riverdale.

it would not be a surprise if riverdale made the playoffs with a 8-2, 7-3 or more like 6-4 record, but it also would not be a surprise if they went 5-5 or worse and missed the playoffs. i say they make the playoffs mainly because they have very good coaches who get the kids to over achieve, but it is not a slam dunk as you you seem to think it is.

Riverdale will make the playoffs. Dont mean to bring back up the history, as mentioned its a new year, but I would think Riverdale is the only team in 5A to make the playoffs every year that 5A has been in existance, and that streak extends further back a number of years when they were playing AAA ball.

I certainly think we will have every position filled with talent, my only concern is some guys having to play both ways, linemen in particular.

I can't wait to see Cody West in action at quarterback, he's a heck of an athlete...hopefully the scrimmage will get rescheduled though, because graduating is my first priority on the 16th /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

from 2p..."Lavergne isn't counting on Crocker anymore to man the qb position. I have it from a great source that Mr. Crocker was removed from the team recently for substance abuse. Such a shame b/c he was very talented. This kind of thing seems to happen every yr to some talented athletes within this region . Very sad........seems like they would respect their GOD-given gifts and stay on the straight and narrow path."

2P...this is wrong to put this kind of info on a public website when nothing like this has been publically put in the newspaper etc...

it is called gossip and slander to a KID...can ruin him for a long time

just because you heard it does not mean you have to put it on this site...this also hurts and angers his parents...especially since you don't know the whole story...even if it is true, you could have just said he was removed from the team for breaking team rules...this is not college guys

my read is...you have a pretty good kid here who MIGHT HAVE made a mistake and wants to redeem himself in a good enviroment...there has been alot of us who have been in these shoes

seems as if you are a good man 2P...and just made a mistake in judgement...but this gets alot of rumors running wild and hurts his parents...and the kid

Ok, I apologize. I probably shouldn't have put that on here even though my source is a really good one inside Lavergne.

I remember how riled up I got when Sam Youree from Oakland was quartered and dissected on this forum by the Siegel and Smyrna posters for making his own error in judgement a few yrs back. It was sure hurtful to see the things said on here for his family, teammates, coaches, and the fans . However, it made Sam have to own up to what he did and re-evaluate his life. His life was spiraling out of control. He did the same thing.......raced to another team and school, but found that was NOT the answer for him. Fortunately, he returned to Oakland and faced up to what he did. He came to just about every football agme and cheered for his former teammates. He became a man and I truly think he is a better person for returning to face the music . To this day, he will tell you that he was the one who let everyone down, and points the finger at no one but himself. I hope that Crocker finds himself at Blackman and turns it around. Best of luck to him.

Ok, I apologize. I probably shouldn't have put that on here even though my source is a really good one inside Lavergne.

I remember how riled up I got when Sam Youree from Oakland was quartered and dissected on this forum by the Siegel and Smyrna posters for making his own error in judgement a few yrs back. It was sure hurtful to see the things said on here for his family, teammates, coaches, and the fans . However, it made Sam have to own up to what he did and re-evaluate his life. His life was spiraling out of control. He did the same thing.......raced to another team and school, but found that was NOT the answer for him. Fortunately, he returned to Oakland and faced up to what he did. He came to just about every football agme and cheered for his former teammates. He became a man and I truly think he is a better person for returning to face the music . To this day, he will tell you that he was the one who let everyone down, and points the finger at no one but himself. I hope that Crocker finds himself at Blackman and turns it around. Best of luck to him.

youre a good man 2P...and it would not be beyond me...in the heat of the moment...to do the same thing...

sam youree has turned out to be a good young man...we see him once or twice a week

crocker may blow himself up...but one thing for sure...he has a chance to grow, change, and be a very good qb and if he takes advantage of it, BEAUTIFUL...and if he does not...SAD

i am hopeful for him!

I am anxious to see what he can do as well in a different environment. Starting at the 5A level in an extremely tough region as a soph has got to be very stressful, especially in an offense that showcases the QB . He was fortunate to have such a bevy of talented receivers and a huge O line to protect him. Of course, he had a rocket arm and was blessed with a cool head to make very good choices. We had some really young QB's in this region that had to grow up quickly. I enjoyed watching Crocker play and look forward to seeing him grow.

Please tell Youree hello for me......I was always one of his biggest fans, and respect the heck out of him.

the region this year is up for grabs.. i'm not gonna preditc a winner cause it could be Riverdale, Smyrna, or Wilson Central. Blackman is prolly gonna take 4th followed by LHS and LHS for 5th and 6th either one there. Then Oakland and SIHS battle it out for 7th and 8th. Sadly i'm going to miss this season cause ill be away with the guard but i've got friends keeping me posted. Good luck to the Region and i would preffer Smyrna bring home state but as long as our reigon does im happy

see im glad that we are on the same page on this.........